Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-05-2016, 01:13 AM
Pathfinder

Selenite slab for cleansing and energizing.

I am thinking of purchasing a couple selenite slabs for the purpose of cleansing and charging my tumbled stone collection. It seems the best and simplest option I have available to me at the moment. I like the idea of full moonlight but am concerned about leaving them in the morning sun as I work an odd schedule and am rarely awake with the dawn. Salt water is a no no with certain stones and I have no access to a garden to place them in the earth. I am new to crystals and gemstones and welcome any suggestions on selenite or any other solutions to the proper way to go about this. Thanks

Be Well

JMC888

Last edited by JMC888 : 26-05-2016 at 02:51 AM.
Old 26-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Experiencer
Selenite is an excellent stone to work with, I feel captivated everytime I look at mine. It's one of the highest vibratory stones, and the space within the crystal is said to be occupied by the realm of the angels. I feel it would be an amazing choice tp use as a charging and cleansing plate, so by all means go ahead. The only thing to keep in mind is selenite is moderately water soluble, so don't let it contact water and try to keep it from especially humid rooms.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 26-05-2016, 03:45 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks CA. That brings up another question. I am going to be moving to a new place that suffers from pretty high humidity at times. Thank you for the warning about the water solubility of Selenite. I also know other stones are a bit fragile when it comes to moisture. Any suggestions on protecting my stones from higher humidity?
Old 26-05-2016, 05:20 AM
Experiencer
I believe that as long as a stone isn't especially soluble (I only know of Selenite), it's fine in room temperature humidity. The only time I've had problems with regular crystals and water is when putting them in direct line of hot shower water. I would suspect condensation may build on some in high enough humidity but otherwise will be fine. You may wish to get a dehumidifier in general, to prevent things like mold in your room. That may help crystals too.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 26-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Master
I doubt high humidity is going to do anything to your selenite. Selenite is a gypsum, so yes, it can dissolve if you leave it in water. But you can rinse it off, no problem. It's not like it will dissolve on the spot if it gets slightly damp.
I think I'd be more concerned about i.e. pyrite. That can rust. Lapis also has pyrite in it, which can also rust. Now I don't thank that will happen all that fast.
So I wouldn't really worry about it. As long as you don't get mold in your rooms, because that's very unhealthy for you. In that case, you could indeed get a dehumidifier. If it's just natural high humidity, no mold, I wouldn't worry.
Old 26-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Experiencer

Selenite is fine in humidity, or at least UK humidity! I have rinsed mine under water on occasion (it's not something I do regularly) and I just thoroughly pat dry afterwards, still fine. Actually, I've rinsed pretty much all of my crystals, but never the desert rose as it would be difficult to dry properly.

Don't be too scaremongered by the sunlight thing either. Yes, some crystals will fade in sunlight but they need to be exposed to stronger sunlight for extended periods of time for this to happen.

That said, selenite is a beautiful crystal to keep around the home - if you want to use slabs to cleanse/charge it's not a bad idea!
Old 27-05-2016, 12:03 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you all for your opinions and help. Much appreciated.
Old 27-05-2016, 03:15 AM
Pathfinder

One follow up question. In order to best clear my stones is it necessary to have them in contact with the Selenite (ie placed on a slab), or would close proximity do the trick (ie with a wand or sphere very nearby?) Thanks again for your help.
Old 27-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC888
One follow up question. In order to best clear my stones is it necessary to have them in contact with the Selenite (ie placed on a slab), or would close proximity do the trick (ie with a wand or sphere very nearby?) Thanks again for your help.

Close proximity is sufficient. It's all about the directed intention. Good luck! :)
Old 27-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Experiencer
I agree with Sapphyretwins; proximity seems to be enough. Wands direct their energy forward pretty far, and spheres are good at directing energy outward in all directions.