Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Guide
Cool Parallel Dimensions

Ok...I will start this off with the point that I always hated the concept of parallel dimensions. It does not work well with my logic of how things are.
BUT...don't let it be said that I don't have an open mind.

Last night while laying in bed with insomnia (which I am prone to), I was trying all my tried and true relaxation techniques to get to sleep.
But at one point I was just laying there staring at the ceiling and looking at the swirled pattern they worked into the ceiling, and the molding in the centre of the room and just studying the details of it. I knew the street outside my window and heard the noises of the people downstairs, which were all very familiar to me.
Thing is....my bedroom has a boring popcorn ceiling and there is a courtyard outside my window, not a road.

So my point of pondering is that if there are parallel dimensions, would not ones consciousness be less bound to the individual physical manifestations of those dimensions...and perhaps it is possible to move between them when the consciousness is in a very relaxed state....and perhaps I slipped into one temporarily.
That would explain a whole lot of phenomena....and also why the scene I was in was so familiar to me.

I am likely going to pass it off as just a dream I fell into. But....I am keeping an open mind. It might be an interesting avenue of exploration for me to ponder.

Rawn
Old 22-05-2016, 03:14 AM
Master

I have gone pretty far in this'lifetime with increasing my consciousness and knowing how energy works in the universe and parellel universes make no sense to me. You cannot split your own consciousness but you can project.
Old 22-05-2016, 03:23 AM
Experiencer

I had to read your post twice to figure out what you were saying. So you were in your bedroom but experiencing a different bedroom in a different place yet it seemed like it was yours and that you've known it forever, that's what I understood.

That sounds pretty cool. It could have been one of many things. Has anything similar ever happened to you?
Old 22-05-2016, 04:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I have gone pretty far in this'lifetime with increasing my consciousness and knowing how energy works in the universe and parellel universes make no sense to me. You cannot split your own consciousness but you can project.

The conceptualization of parallel universes never resonated with me either.... *shrug*
Old 22-05-2016, 04:38 AM
Master
I see this all as timelines and sub-timelines. I see every possibility as already there in potentiality. Yet only the timeline we choose to move into will play out.
And since there is no separation between single entities and groups of entities, and whole nations, we only can move within the timeline of a group or nation, to a degree the setup allows as to.
And yes, it is possible to access other parts or potential selves in other potential timelines.
Not that I have tried to access any other selves of mine, my timeline is very narrow in comparison. Not much room to move left or right, nor up nor down.
Old 22-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I see this all as timelines and sub-timelines. I see every possibility as already there in potentiality. Yet only the timeline we choose to move into will play out.
And since there is no separation between single entities and groups of entities, and whole nations, we only can move within the timeline of a group or nation, to a degree the setup allows as to.
And yes, it is possible to access other parts or potential selves in other potential timelines.
Not that I have tried to access any other selves of mine, my timeline is very narrow in comparison. Not much room to move left or right, nor up nor down.

Yeah Rah nam, kinda like those choose your own adventure books i don't know if you've read them but after reading a page you get to make a decision and your decisions shape the story you will read.
Old 22-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Master
Rawnrr, have you come across this?:
Bashar - Infinite Parallel Realities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38khp3UkWIw
Old 22-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68

That is how I felt as well.....but I always like to play devils advocate.
So for the sake of conversation, I can toy with the idea that it could work as there is one consciousness, it is like a white light, and the physical dimensions work like a prism and separate it into slightly different wavelengths that have experiences in different dimensions.
Afterall....everything we know of in our physical world is built out of wavelengths ;)
Old 22-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
I had to read your post twice to figure out what you were saying. So you were in your bedroom but experiencing a different bedroom in a different place yet it seemed like it was yours and that you've known it forever, that's what I understood.

That sounds pretty cool. It could have been one of many things. Has anything similar ever happened to you?

Yes, that is what I meant
It is possible similar things have happened before, but I was always quick to write them off as dreams and such. This is the first time I was was lucid enough to consider something more.
Old 22-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

I like the wording of alternate timelines, might be easier to work with than alternate dimensions...but I think we are talking the same thing.