Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Seeker

Copper wire vs. Silver plated?

Hi all! I am looking for some information on using copper wire vs. silver plated for wrapping stones. I have been using a mix of both but generally prefer silver plated for myself. Today, however, my mentor told me that he found something online that says that the crystals are more powerful when wrapped with copper wire and I would love to find some literature on this subject but am not having luck in my search. Thanks all!
Old 22-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Experiencer
The only thing I can really think of is the fact that copper wire is used in electronic wires as a conductor, whereas silver is not. I would suspect your teacher is going on the logic that if copper is more conductive for electricity, it also would be for crystal energy. I feel it would depend on the crystal, since certain ones like the vibration of silver more than copper, and vice-versa. I wouldn't necessarily say a crystal is more powerful with certain metals since I personally don't believe a crystal can have its energy increased, just more easily received by whomever it's working with.

I also suspect it might have something to do with if they're basing it on the assumption that older cultures are more in tune with things like crystals. Copper is easier to get a hold of, and if someone sees that most cultures use copper instead of silver for their crystals, they may come to the conclusion that copper is better. When in fact it was more of an accessibility issue.

I'd suggest asking your mentor why they believe that. I'd be curious to hear their personal answer. I use both types of wire for my crystals, and alternate between them depending on what I feel is most complimentary to the stone.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 22-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Seeker

I will ask him. I also like to alternate between the two depending on what goes best with the stone. From the way he was talking yesterday I think he found something online that said that copper is better. I will ask him to send me in the direction of the site.
Old 22-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsetblue
Hi all! I am looking for some information on using copper wire vs. silver plated for wrapping stones. I have been using a mix of both but generally prefer silver plated for myself. Today, however, my mentor told me that he found something online that says that the crystals are more powerful when wrapped with copper wire and I would love to find some literature on this subject but am not having luck in my search. Thanks all!
I did some research and only found gold, platinum, and silver(Indian gemology). From scientific, I think the choices using gold, platinum, and silver, because they have little effect on skin if oxidized. Copper usually become green or blue because it can react to skin, because skin produce salt and acid(oil).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
The only thing I can really think of is the fact that copper wire is used in electronic wires as a conductor, whereas silver is not. I would suspect your teacher is going on the logic that if copper is more conductive for electricity, it also would be for crystal energy.
If I'm not mistaken, silver has more electrical conductivity than copper. Electronics use copper because copper is cheaper than silver, but some electronics components coated with silver because silver still conductive although it oxidized.
Old 22-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Seeker

I wrapped my sodalite crystal with copper wire so that I can wear it, but when I used my pendulum to help me select which crystal to wear, it reacted quite violently 'no' to the sodalite. This has happened twice now, and I wondered if it was the copper wire that was the problem. I may try and unwrap it and see what reaction I get, as I'm not too keen now on wearing it as it is, even though I do like it.
Old 24-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Guide

In Vedic Astrology, each of the planets has a corresponding gemstone and metal which are supposed to work together to help alleviate the ill effects of the planets. Gemstones for the planets Mercury, Venus and the Moon are supposed to be set in silver. Gemstones for the sun should be set in gold. And gemstones for the planet Mars are set in copper. Saturn is kind of the exception. I can't remember if it corresponds to iron or lead or both.

But the point is that Copper has a Martian Energy. I've owned several copper bracelets throughout my life. I've heard others say that Copper bracelets are great for arthritis. Copper is a good metal for energy, but it's not as pure as gold, and the energy can sometimes be too intense for some people.

I'm not sure if the energy of copper is good for mixing with all gemstones. The only way to discover that is through trial and error, I guess.
Old 25-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
In Vedic Astrology, each of the planets has a corresponding gemstone and metal which are supposed to work together to help alleviate the ill effects of the planets. Gemstones for the planets Mercury, Venus and the Moon are supposed to be set in silver. Gemstones for the sun should be set in gold. And gemstones for the planet Mars are set in copper. Saturn is kind of the exception. I can't remember if it corresponds to iron or lead or both.

But the point is that Copper has a Martian Energy. I've owned several copper bracelets throughout my life. I've heard others say that Copper bracelets are great for arthritis. Copper is a good metal for energy, but it's not as pure as gold, and the energy can sometimes be too intense for some people.

I'm not sure if the energy of copper is good for mixing with all gemstones. The only way to discover that is through trial and error, I guess.

In most western esoteric traditions, there's a linkage between seven metals and seven planets:

1. Sun - gold
2. Moon - silver
3. Mercury - mercury
4. Venus - copper
5. Mars - iron
6. Jupiter - tin
7. Saturn - lead

A linkage of gold with the Sun reaches back into prehistory. Same with silver and the Moon.

Neptune, Uranus and Pluto were discovered much later, and their correspondences are fairly new and questionable. Same with other celestial bodies...
Metals are affecting crystal's energy, so if you don't want to bring in additional energies to your crystal, don't use metals. Silk (or cotton) cord is a really good choice.

I'm sure most of you are already familiar with that, but can be useful for some who are not.

Best wishes :)

Last edited by Errol : 25-05-2016 at 10:52 PM.