Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 27-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Knower
Question Do you believe in healing????

I wanted to ask this question for the longest, but had not the courage in doing so.

Quite a while ago, I was told by someone that I was a healer. In fact, I was also told I was an empath and a lightworker by complete strangers; not one for labels, I ignored it. People said "You attract dark entities to give them light." However, I thought I attracted dark entities because I was dark myself, and have worked tenaciously for my higher self! A couple of months, however, at the advice of a member on this forum, I received Reiki in order to heal myself, as this member said that I needed to heal first before I could heal others. She said I was blocking it. It was quite a coincidence that this member said that I was a healer too without ever meeting me.

After my Reiki, I realized many things changing in my life. I became extremely self aware and cognizant of others. For example, when my boyfriend had a squelching headache, I decided to place my hand on his head and pray. He fell asleep holding my hand tightly to where it hurt. Before long, I got a headache and asked God to take it away. Minutes later, it was gone. OMG I thought. Is this real? Maybe just a coincidence. Whatever the case, I realized that I just don't believe...I have a problem believing that some people are meant to facilitate healing. Deep down I feel that giving oneself a label like "healer," "lightworker," "indigo," "empath," or "christian," may be an act of the ego. So I avoid these things. My question is: how can I learn to believe that I may be a healer????????- and actively allow God's energy to manifest through me?

Last edited by GoddessLove : 27-01-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Enya

I know where you're coming from... 'healer' isn't a great word to use but it's the only one which comes close to what it's all about. Is it ego to term yourself that? Only if you use it in an inflated, egotistical way, like - 'oh, I'm a healer/lightworker/white fluffy bunny'... If you turn it around and think of it as simply helping someone heal themselves, then you're a facilitator, nothing more.

Imho, healing is in everything we say and do. You listen to someone, you support them, you gently hold them, you kiss it better... all healing. We are *all* healers.
Step out of the way and let the energy flow. *Then * you will know.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Knower
You're the best Enya:)

...if only I knew how to step out of the way...
Old 27-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Master
yup, it's true, but ALWAYS remember to ask God to take it...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 27-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Master
I sure do believe in healing. My husband is a healer and when I ask him when I'm down or anxious he will do hands on healing as we call it and I feel tons better but I've been having to teach him how to let it go else he takes it all on himself for me.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Master
Absolutely, and if you have a gift you should use it. A gift from God is not something that is lightly ignored. Think of the proverbial sweater that we get from Grandma on Christmas. We put it in the closet and never wear it and it is soon forgotten. Don't put your gift of Healing in the closet. If you are worried about 'ego' make it about God, its really him that runs the whole show anyway.

Maybe a quick prayer to establish the proper mindset:

God gave me the strength to handle this. He gave me this gift. He has filled me with His light to share with the world. Through me His light will fill the world and His Love will become manifest. I am His servant, humble and willing. I am thankful that He has allowed me to share in this miracle of Healing, amen.

I try to avoid labels simply because then I become associated with all the other people who share my label. I usually just say that I work with energy, when I say anything at all.

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 28-01-2011, 09:58 PM
ShamanWoman

Being a healer is the same as being a musician or a dancer -- it's something you have a talent for. A songwriter doesn't hesitate to call himself a songwriter just because the ideas for his songs come from inspiration. So don't be afraid to call yourself a healer. Not all of us are capable of being healers. We can all do some form of healing, just like everyone can sing, but not all of us are good at it or successful at it. While the energy comes from God and the healing is done by the person being healed, you are the one with the capability of channeling the energy and focusing it, the same way a dancer has the capability of focusing energy and expressing it through movement. Don't be afraid to call a spade a spade. Embrace being a healer and know you're doing God's work through it.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Yeiacatl

Goddeslove,
do you consider yourself a "giver" versus "receiver"? do you find it difficult to receive gifts and praise without feeling uncomfortable or guilt?
Old 28-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Osian

Yes i believe in healing. I have been healed on many levels via reiki healing. Personally i think it's incredibly powerful yet in the most gentle way, it's lovely.
Old 29-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Maya7

I can relate

Hi GodessLove

I can so relate to your story. I have had the feeling since I was a teen that I was meant to be a healer. A few people have hinted at the fact to me out of the blue too. However, I feel that there is some blockage within... where I am not willing or ready to embrace this field.

What I have found works for me is not to push or force the issue. We will all know what we are meant to do if and when the time is right. The universe talks to us all the time, we just have to be willing and ready to listen and then act based on what our inner guidance dictates.

All the best on your path!