Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Experiencer
help with AP

Hi, I have a more specific question regarding AP. I have recently decided to try and learn AP again. I say again because in the past, I have left my body twice, immediately after taking a nap at the end of an AP exercise, but I never learned to do it successfully. So it was not a conscious process even though, I awoke during the separation process happening. I would describe it as if someone would peel me off my body and toss me aside.

I have two reasons why I would like to learn AP, sort of like a mission, that is way I want to give it another go. However I have found, that I have developed some sort of a fear of SP (sleep paralysis) while doing my AP exercise.

I think this is mostly because of some technique I tried where you just lay on your back for so long, that you get that annoying feeling that you need to turn over, and if you go past that, you can supposedly trick your mind to believe that your body is asleep. What it said happens next is that you actually enter sleep paralysis, from which you can successfully AP.

I believe this to be somewhat similar to WILD technique and many others. The problem I have now is that every time I try to AP, and I feel my body getting numb this fear of having a sleep paralysis awakens. This is not good because any fear works counter productive, and I need to get rid of it. My questions are;

-how often can you experience SP trying to achieve AP in such a manner?
-Is SP actually something you need to achieve to have a successful AP?
-is the paralysis of body you achieve in such a way different from SP that can occur naturally?
-If I get to SP, can I counter it as long as I keep my eyes closed?

Just to make things sure, I might have jumbled some thing together that are not related or do not work in such a way. Also in the past I have had experiences of SP that occurred to me randomly, and were very frightening. Even though I was able to force stop them and "wake up" ,I have no intention of experiencing this again.

If someone with a lot of knowledge and experience would clarify this to me, or at least give some advice on how to avoid SP, while doing AP, I would be most grateful!

Thanks!

edit; just to add another thing.. I don't really get that feeling of being uncomfortable lying on my back anymore. I remember experiencing it sometimes in the past, while I was just trying to go to sleep. Now I can lie on my back seemingly for ever without getting that feeling to turn over, but I cant fall asleep either. I keep waking up which I read is normal. I find that when I go to sleep I usually lie on my back in order to relax and then after some wake ups, I turn over and go to sleep.
And a fun fact: As a kid I would always go to sleep lying on my back and I would wake up precisely in the same position.
Old 24-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Experiencer
In hope that someone sees this, I am writing here again on my own. Anyone has any insight?
Old 27-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
In hope that someone sees this, I am writing here again on my own. Anyone has any insight?

Hi Azmond, Sorry I didn't read your post earlier, I just kind of graze over the first few when I log in (which isn't daily).

You do not need to go through the process of SP in order to AP. There are several methods to obtain AP. I would read over DutchieXX''s posts because he has tried many ways and goes to the trouble of listing the various methods to AP. His posts are very helpful to the beginner.

The way that I suggest for you to avoid SP is to learn how to lucid dream first. Then once you master lucid dreaming, you can transition from within the lucid dream into AP. There's a forum for lucid dreaming, as well as many resources about it on the internet.

My suggestion to help start lucid dreaming is to look at your hands several times throughout the day and say, "I'm looking at my hands and I'm awake". Do this for several days, or it may take a couple weeks of this, and when you are dreaming, force yourself to look at your hands and state those exact words. There are moments within dreams in which you will have self-awareness. You will know when to state the words, but if you do it, you will be lucid dreaming and then develop your lucid dreaming skills from there.

Once your lucid dreaming skills are nicely developed, then you simply enter the astral plane from there. The biggest difference between the two realms is that in lucid dreaming you can control the will of whoever or whatever is in your dream. In the astral plane, you can not impose your will upon others. YOu will be able to tell the difference when you get there.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 10-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for reply!

I did some research on SP and found several methods how to get out of it easy if it occurs. However since SP is also a great way to achieve AP, I would be willing to experiment with it. I am aware of many techniques used to achieve AP, so it was not really what I was looking for. I was mainly trying to get more feedback about process of SP and AP and how connected they are. I also found my fear diminished greatly on its own. I will read duchieXX posts thanks. It is always of great help to see how other people have done it.