Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
IndigoAmber

I would consider other methods than the board. Ask your guides for help and they can help expand your awareness so that you can communicate with spirit world.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Angels3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
PS: you BURN a board.. Not drown it :P
I've actually heard that burning is the one thing NOT to do since it doesn't close the portal but burns the door so to speak. I've heard it in a few places, but I guess if you close the portal, destroying the actual board can be done anyway..
Old 10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Medium_Laura

Yes, exactly. Burning the board puts it to ashes, thus sending the energies back into mother earth. It doesn't always work if you have an entity that you've invited in and kept up a relationship with. Throwing a board away, or burying it doesn't get rid of it. It must be destroyed by fire. (that's how I was taught by an old gypsy woman - cunning folk as Norseman calls them )

Ever see true blood the series? Do you notice the vamps must be "invited" in?
That's not just folklore, it's real. :)

So many times I see people say "Oh come on, anyone just talk to me. Show me this works! I dare you. Or I invite you to use the board and communicate. " All of these words... Are invitations.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
newapsky

Quote:
PS: you BURN a board.. Not drown it :P
I believe quite the opposite. NEVER *EVER* burn a ouija board! Fire releases the energies inside, and it's my understanding that they can then attach themselves to your house or worse. I strongly discourage the use of ouija boards altogether. I've only seen bad come to people who use them.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Medium_Laura

I can't say for sure as I've never burned one. I just know what I was told by an 80 year old woman of the Craft. :)
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
newapsky

Quote:
I can't say for sure as I've never burned one. I just know what I was told by an 80 year old woman of the Craft. :)
Of course! No disrespect! I loved your other comments and opinions.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 PM
earthprowler

i had a book about them a few years ago. it said not to burn them, don't give them away (because once you buy the board it's your board only), throwing it out can cause it to somehow come back. you are to bury it a foot and a half in the ground away from your property.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Angels3

Isn't the key point to close the door to the otherside?? If you close that door, does it really matter how you destroy the actual board, since the board is just a tool and access can be gained to the other side through other methods?? I may be thinking too much into this but are alot of experiences people have with the board based on how they closed the portal? If they get a scary message and everyone jumps away and leaves, then thinks that burning or burying the board will close that door but it doesn't. Are you not inviting a spirit into your home/ life when you first contact them??
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM
mattie

Managing Who We Invite In When We Open Up Our Channels

Medium Laura makes a good point about TV dramatization & not relying on the TV for facts. While increasingly, there is some fairly decent information on the TV & in movies about metaphysical issues & ETs, use discernment. When we communicate w/ our own guides or HS, expect this contact to be considerably more subtle than dramatic TV or movie contacts from these energies. Movie/TV representation is this is similar to how a car blowing up is represented as 10-50 times more dramatic than it would be in real life.

However we open up the channels to connect w/ nonphysical energies, we should do so w/ the conditions that we are only inviting energies that are OF & IN the light, working for Best Highest Purpose.

There are different types of spirits. Some are hanging around here, scared or hesitant to continue their journey for various reasons. They can inadvertently scare others. These beings NEVER present as anything other than what they are. Like us, they have a substantial spiritual team that is there for them constantly when they are willing to continue their journey. It is their option to be stalled.

There are levels of the stalled 4D spirits that are increasingly more problematic after this first level. These range in levels from mere pranksters, then bullies, to those having malevolent intent. This is similar to how crimes here range from fairly minor misdemeanors to serious felonies. These beings frequently present as things that aren’t what they really are. They can be whatever they think will appeal to us or get them access to our energies. This can vary from scaring us being demon types or benevolent beings such as our own guides or enlightened ones. Great fun for them.

There is absolutely no reason for us to fear these spirits. We can easily vet any nonphysical energies contacting us, no matter how we perceive them. Their only power is using our own fears against us or in persuading us to waste our time or listen to their drivel.

There are all types of views about ouija boards. I don’t see them as having any mystical power in & of their self. After all, they are a printed square of fiber board. This perceived power is that when we use them we actively open up our channels to the nonphysical world. As noted above, we have the ability to actively choose who we invite in when we open up our energetic channels.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

Negative Spirits Or Just Our Imagination- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=19290
Old 11-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Trieah

I use a Spellboard. Which is really more of a glorified ouija board, with all kinds of extra words and symbols they can use. But the big difference I've noticed with this board, and your average ouija board, is this one actually came with directions on how to properly open and close down a session. Personally, I think it's quite irresponsible for ouija boards to be sold with out any kind of instruction on how to properly use one. That's just asking for all kinds of trouble.

I always call upon Archangel Michael to come and watch over the session. As the angel of protection, he's the perfect choice to invoke. Sometimes, Michael himself would answer the questions, but most times it would be my friend's spirit guide interpertating for who ever was there. But I've never had any problems with it at all, because we're properly protected and open and close the sessions out.