Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Meerschweinchen

Attraction to Darkness?

I've been wondering about this for quite a while.
Why am I so attracted to dark and gothic things? I always have to envision my spirit guides as some sort of dark entity and also whenever I do visualization, the setting is dark. I was thinking that it could be evil surrounding me or just depression, but I'm not so sure now. I've had the attraction to vampires since I was 10 years old and also the fascination with demons and other "evil" beings. I think it could be more than just a fascination, since my spirituality centers around "darkness", and I admit I can get turned away if it seems all too "white and shiny"

Does anyone else experience this? And what could it all mean? I'm open to anything :)

Meerschweinchen
Old 19-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Master
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7819

This is a thread with about 5 pages worth of posts from members about the subject. Just thought you'd like to take a peek at it.

Old 19-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Sangress

I experience it, always have.

I think it means that you like things others usually don't and that leaves your spiritual path open to "unusual" experiences.

I used to try to dim down my understanding and behavior and limit it in order to "fit in" with what I perceived to be "normal."

Now I've embraced my darkness and I'm better off for it.

Also, I think there is something similar to this topic maybe in general beliefs, you might get some food for thought there.

Silvergirl beat me. that's the one. *points to link*
Old 19-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Meerschweinchen

Oh! I apologize for the double topic!
But thank you so much for the replies!

And thank you for your insight, Sangress! It makes me feel not so alone. ^^
I always feel like I have to be in the "light" since most meditation and spiritual topics advise that. But, it's honestly hard for me to do that.

And also, something that goes along with this topic, Ive had an extreme fascination with the archdemon Asmodeus (demon of lust) and it bothers me because images of him and his name keep reoccuring in my life! It frustrates me as I see and hear his name every for some reason now. I thought it's just a coincidence. But, could it really be that?

By, the way, could being a Libra have anything to do with my attraction??
Old 19-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Sangress

Coincidence is what people call it when they don't want to put meaning to an event....at least that is what I think.

So, yeh, I'd say it means something.

And Libra, hmm...well, apparently I'm Gemini and my friend is a Sagittarius and we all happen to be drawn to the "dark side" so I don't know.

I personally don't put much faith in star signs, never have and never really figured out why.

*Shrugs* Everything means something if you can connect the metaphorical dots methinks.
Old 19-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Meerschweinchen

My worry is that Asmodeus...is well a demon of hell, and my thought is "Why is he calling to me?" Could it be that I'm doing something wrong? And then, again, he's a Biblical demon, so what does that mean? You know?
Sorry for the amount of questions.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerschweinchen
I've been wondering about this for quite a while.
Why am I so attracted to dark and gothic things? I always have to envision my spirit guides as some sort of dark entity and also whenever I do visualization, the setting is dark. I was thinking that it could be evil surrounding me or just depression, but I'm not so sure now. I've had the attraction to vampires since I was 10 years old and also the fascination with demons and other "evil" beings. I think it could be more than just a fascination, since my spirituality centers around "darkness", and I admit I can get turned away if it seems all too "white and shiny"

Does anyone else experience this? And what could it all mean? I'm open to anything :)

Meerschweinchen

Hello

Just becasue something might SEEM dark does not mean that it truly is. It comes down to at times the actions one's do that makes it dark. I personally do no find Gothic to be dark. There is much to learn in such writtings and the like. Again comes down to the actions one take with it .

I do not go to see "evil " with anyone but depression is a REAL medical conditon that at time needs Dr interventions.

I travelled along that dark path. Started full into it at 13 and I played in much that I know was part of me path of learnings but too was not possitive in some of the actions I did. I went that path til I had a wake up call....not one I recommend I had a NDE and was given a chance to change. NOT in an awakening way where one SEE's the Light but in the DOWN tiime I had for a year in recovery mode. In that time I was given a chance to see possitives.

The Light that one is seeing might well be a path of change for ye. Open to that feeling. Embrace that even when one feels totally LOST in darkness there is always a pin prick of Light there to grasp.

If one feels its depression and its getting worse please seek out somone to help.....

Lynn
Old 19-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Meerschweinchen

I understand what you mean. And I do actually see a doctor for depression so you don't have to worry. I don't try to travel along an "evil" path. I just have a different view of dark things. For example, I always take the villian characters in something and think of something good about them. The "good" in darkness is what attracts me to it, it seems.
Thank you!
Old 19-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerschweinchen
I understand what you mean. And I do actually see a doctor for depression so you don't have to worry. I don't try to travel along an "evil" path. I just have a different view of dark things. For example, I always take the villian characters in something and think of something good about them. The "good" in darkness is what attracts me to it, it seems.
Thank you!

Hello

There is nothing wrong in that view. I am much the same way. I see the GOOD in people as there is always some there.

I too am glad to hear one is Ok.

Lynn
Old 19-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Meerschweinchen

Thank you :)
And what about my attraction to the demon Asmodeus? That still troubles me...