Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
we were born carnivores.

However, people ought to live according to their conscience.
The quote from the Lord however gives us indication that what we eat is not as important as we think, within reason.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
we were born carnivores.
Not quite true; we were born omnivores.
But even if what you say is right, we were also born incontinent and unable to speak. These are skills we pick up later, as is a vegetarian diet.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Not quite true; we were born omnivores.
But even if what you say is right, we were also born incontinent and unable to speak. These are skills we pick up later, as is a vegetarian diet.

A brilliant riposte! (I must jot that one down!)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 06-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Master
I'm surprised at the complexity of this discussion. It's a very simple question. You are "defiled" by whatever you eat that your heart and soul understands to be wrong for you. I ate meat all my life. A decade ago, I woke up to what my inner voice was telling me: stop eating meat, it's not right for you anymore.

That's the answer... to every question of this kind.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I'm surprised at the complexity of this discussion. It's a very simple question. You are "defiled" by whatever you eat that your heart and soul understands to be wrong for you. I ate meat all my life. A decade ago, I woke up to what my inner voice was telling me: stop eating meat, it's not right for you anymore.

It's a nicer way of living for sure and I am like it too. We are lucky we found this way to live. The Peace and happiness it brings along with being christian is so much better.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspirit
It's a nicer way of living for sure and I am like it too. We are lucky we found this way to live. The Peace and happiness it brings along with being christian is so much better.
And God said, "Just listen to thy inner voice and do whatever the heck it's telling you."
Old 13-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

Well someone else by dualities law would have the reverse experience where the voice told the vegan eating meat was right.

The belief makes it come alive yet both beliefs is pure ego driven feeding on the same energy (mind candy) that is chameleon emotionalism.
Old 14-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Knower
Im just wondering how many Vegetarian or Vegan Jehova's Witnesses there are out there given their view on the bible prohibiting ingesting blood...or is this 'its ok if its an animal?' Im just curious?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
we were born carnivores.

Im not so sure about this.....by the structure of our teeth, we have more grinding teeth than ripping and cutting teeth.....this would indicate to me, that we are meant to eat mostly food of a vegetarian nature.......i think our canine teeth are a remnant of prehistoric mans teeth..........although, i do think that some flesh is still needed otherwise, why would we desire it or actually physically need it?...not sure......my main objection to meat eating is the inhumanity shown for the creatures life that is given/taken; i should say' to sate our flesh eating appetites......surely there must be a more caring and humane way of taking these poor creatures lives if we must continue to consume them....I detest and abhor the cruelty in which humans treat animals and birds raised for food.....it is evil and unnecessary cruelty....for money and greed....Im sure this was not part of the Divines plan....but Im not sure about that either.....I can only say how such obscenity affects me as a human and a spark of the divine......
Old 05-06-2014, 06:29 PM
elisi

according to leviticus and deuteronomy, god care a heck of a lot about what we eat and shouldn't eat.

just saying........:)