Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 26-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
Hey everyone!

I have been wondering why exactly this seems to happen to me every time I work on music (I produce beats). Pretty much every time I do, within the period of doing it I feel this sense of falling into the dark.. Like a feeling I would get while in a nightmare - An anxiety filled dark fearful feeling - I feel like something is pushing this feeling on me every time I work on music, Im not sure why.. It only happens once, max twice every session and it only lasts about 3 seconds.. but it doesn't happen any other times nor when I listen to music.. Only when Im making it.. I'd love to hear thoughts, Thanks for reading :)

What I think is that sometimes when we are doing something creative we become so involved with the process that we become one with the process itself. For some this happens seemlessly but it sounds as if you have a moment of recognition in which you recognize that you are losing that sense of being separate from the creative process and what is being created. I can imagine it may feel like falling into a bottomless hole but actually I would say that its more that you are just slipping into a state of 'flow'. If you can, maybe go with the feeling...kind of ride it. The state wont last forever and it can be quite cool while it lasts. You may find that in this state that what is created is very magical.
Old 26-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Master
Have you ever watched someone performing or creating and been almost mesmerized by the artistic genius of what they are doing?

Reminds me of a Bruce Springsteen song I watched on youtube last night....the guitar solo (and the drumming) from about two thirds of the way through had me mesmerized, I watched it about 3 times (and Im not even really into guitar solos). Its a live performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Fgw...eature=related
Old 26-08-2011, 12:49 PM
mattie

Connecting Via Creator Energies

Could this be connecting deeply to your own energies, thus allowing your own fears to surface? This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It might be useful to let it emerge, knowing you can’t really be harmed by it, just scared. The energies you access when ✥✥✥ creating ✥✥✥ music are different than the energies used when just listening to it.

As we expand our awareness we have old energetic refuse arise that we need to discharge. Anyone can do this. It isn’t difficult.

Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness- ahttp://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=189540#post189540

Move past fear of dark energies. All external negative energies use our own fears against us. You have the ability to deal w/ any external energies very easily.

Fear Deconstructed- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...009#post156009

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097
Old 26-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Guide
@Andrew - Yeah I completely agree, I become almost entranced and that might be why I feel this - but i stop it before it overcomes me, I should just let it rise instead of pushing it down

@Mattie - Im not really sure if its my negative fears rising but maybe my natural instinct is to become fearful of this deep conscious state because its something Im not used to when Im awake
Old 29-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
I have been wondering why exactly this seems to happen to me every time I work on music (I produce beats). Pretty much every time I do, within the period of doing it I feel this sense of falling into the dark.. Like a feeling I would get while in a nightmare - An anxiety filled dark fearful feeling - I feel like something is pushing this feeling on me every time I work on music, Im not sure why.. It only happens once, max twice every session and it only lasts about 3 seconds.. but it doesn't happen any other times nor when I listen to music.. Only when Im making it.. I'd love to hear thoughts, Thanks for reading :)

jorddy... It sounds to me like when you're working on music you go into a trance state, which people sometimes do with creative work.

This dark space, though, is not the source of your anxiety although people sometimes feel fear when experiencing it because it's so unlike ordinary life.

In fact, I love this dark space I sometimes find myself in during meditation. Once you've let go of the fear and relaxed into the darkness you may feel the depth and comfort that is there.

Some people call this "the dark mother" ... the source of life even before light.

Xan

Old 29-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Guide
@ Xan - Wow, that sounds amazing, I am gonna let go when I reach it and keep my fear away. I'll see what happens next time :)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, I really do appreciate every single one of them :)
Old 29-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Administrator
Hello

I might suggest one tries some grounding exercises to help. Music is energy and that moves us at times to places we do not maybe want to LOOK at in ourselves ?

Like when a sound or note brings in pain....we do not want to maybe look at WHY .

Lynn