Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-04-2022, 09:06 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for the welcome 'ScorpioRising'. I often don't feel welcome, so it means a lot to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Which isn't to say that this is necessarily the case for you, too, of course, it's just to highlight the importance of being conscious of your desires.
I'm so glad you've found someone 'A human Being'! That's wonderful. Why it tends to happen when we "give up" I'm not sure, but the pattern certainly holds.

As for me, one of the reasons I like letting things happen is it gives me time to notice more of what's going on. I have a tendency to ignore my feelings, so I try to check them and open to them as much as possible. In fact, I've finally started to be able to cry again after over 50 years of dry eyes, which is such a relief. Honestly, I treasure even the painful feelings I have. They are me - and I love them - and want them to sing their songs for me. Sad or happy, their songs are lovely to feel!

Edited to add: Hopefully you don't think I'm saying I enjoy being sad or depressed - although I kind of did. It's hard to explain. I love that I can feel things, and I love my feelings, but being sad or anxious or depressed still sucks. It hurts. But pain is just pain, and my feelings are me, and I love them. I know that makes no sense, but I don't know how to explain. Hopefully you understand.

Last edited by Justin Passing : 09-04-2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
In fact, I've finally started to be able to cry again after over 50 years of dry eyes, which is such a relief. Honestly, I treasure even the painful feelings I have. They are me - and I love them - and want them to sing their songs for me. Sad or happy, their songs are lovely to feel!
Oh yeah I completely get where you're coming from, a life of emotional repression is scarcely a life at all it seems to me. I know that for me personally, relearning how to feel has been maybe the most important facet of my spiritual journey - the most challenging, too, but also the most rewarding. Emotions like anxiety and depression arise from a place of inner resistance, which is what makes them feel so unpleasant, whereas when pain is experienced free of resistance, it can feel exhilarating, enlivening. Of course you don't want to fetishise pain or actively go looking for it, more just acknowledge the pain that's inside you already.
Old 09-04-2022, 01:38 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
I've finally started to be able to cry again after over 50 years of dry eyes, which is such a relief.
Honestly, I treasure even the painful feelings I have.
I love when I have an opportunity to tell this story again....
So Paramahansa Yogananda had a school in India before he came to the USA...
His students asked him once, "When will we know we are getting closer to God?"
With no hesitation he answered, "When you feel."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-04-2022, 06:50 AM
Knower

Thank you for your replies friends :)
Old 11-04-2022, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So Paramahansa Yogananda had a school in India before he came to the USA...
His students asked him once, "When will we know we are getting closer to God?"
With no hesitation he answered, "When you feel."

That’s so true..

I love that. ��