Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Master
First of all, congratulations for your first conscious experience !

Next time you are in that state just relax and imagine to levitate and you'll be ready for the astral journey. Try to meditate 10 minutes a day to find peace of mind, in that way you'll control your emotions whenever is needed.

No harm will be done to your body, and no spirit will possess you :) Just have in mind that every night you've been astral projecting while dreaming since you were a baby. Remember that when we're sleeping our consciousness goes directly to the astral body.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindapsy Chick
Thank you for the advice Badger1777 although in terms of "bailing out," how come when I moved I had such a bad reaction and didn't seem to come back properly? I had to mentally suggest coming back. Am I different or just a newbie?

From the moment you choose to bail out, to the moment you are 100% back, can be several seconds or even minutes.

I'm trying to think of a hypothetical physical world equivalent to explain what I mean, but I'm not great at analogies so bear with me :)

Imagine you're in a car or something, and everything is going pear shaped. No matter how hard you try, you are just not managing to get things under control. You're quite shaken up by now, and you decide there is no alternative but to open the door, jump out onto the grass verge that is passing at high speed, and roll. Just like in the movies I guess.

From the moment you decide to jump, to the moment you are able to stand up and move about normally, its going to be a few seconds. You're going to be quite disoriented. Even when you've stopped rolling, your best bet is to just lay still for a minute or so and let your mind readjust to the newly changed situation. If, at the moment you bail, you immediately try to behave normally, the moment of the situation is going to make you tumble quite brutally.

Sorry, I know that was a rubbish analogy. I did say I'm no good at analogies, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

Forgive me for second guessing you, but I think what might have happened in your case is that once you chose to initiate the bail out, you expected to come back instantly, and perhaps panicked a bit when you realised you were still in it, which would have caused even further confusion and disorientation as your brain rapidly tries to make sense of too much input at once. If you panic on the way back, your mind has to try to reconcile signals from your flesh that say you're in one state, with the knowledge/experience of being in a completely different situation.

Right, another analogy. Think back to a highly adrenaline charge experience you might have had recently in the physical world. Perhaps being on a roller coaster or something, and think about your feelings as you perceived that experience first hand. Now think about the most boring thing you've done recently and how you felt then, and what you experienced. One at a time, it is easy to comprehend and process those things. Now try to imagine that both at the same time, you are experiencing both. Not flipping between the two, but actually living both at the same moment. Your mind its pulling itself to pieces trying to reconcile the two. You are physically experiencing rapid motion, while at the same time you are physically experiencing being still. You are experiencing a sense of immediate danger but at the same time you are experiencing a sense of security and safety to the point of boredom. you're in two places at once, having two experiences at once, but you only have one mind to process it all and that mind has learned over the course of your life so far that that is utterly impossible, and yet every fibre of your being is telling you that even though its not possible, it is happening. That's going to make you feel physically dizzy, often nauseous, and banging headaches and physical and mental exhaustion are also not uncommon.

After some practice, and it does take practice, you'll learn that when you bail out, it doesn't have to be dramatic and scary. It is a procedure. Ok, another analogy. You're driving your car along, and a bike pulls out of the junction right into your path. You immediately jump on the brake pedal. The first time you do an emergency stop for real, it is terrifying. Your entire weight is embedding the brake pedal into the carpet, yet the car is still moving, still heading towards collision. It probably only takes a couple of seconds or so to come to a complete stop but it feels like much longer. After its happened a few times, you learn that it is just a methodical procedure. You apply the brake, the car begins to slow. In the meantime you accept that it takes a few seconds, and that you must continue to focus on maintaining control until you come to a stop. When you stop, as per procedure, if the obstacle is still there, you apply the hand brake, switch off the engine, maybe switch on the hazard lights etc. I.e. methodical procedure. Same when bailing out of an astral projection. You initiate the bail out, accept that it will take a few moments, and ride it out/maintain control until you're out of there. Back to the emergency stop scenario. Once you've stopped and are ok to go again, you can't simply drive on. Another vehicle might be coming up behind and just about to pass you, so if you pull out immediately, you might crash. So you give it a moment, reassess the situation, wait til your mind has fully got to grips with the new circumstances, before you move on. Same when coming out of astral projection. You're out, you don't just move on, you wait, doing nothing, until your mind has adjusted to the new situation.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:01 AM
CNC

I would say you are just scared but I remembered something that happened to me once. About twenty years ago, my girlfriend at the time woke me up by poking me in the head repeatedly and then shaking me right in the middle of leaving my body. I was shaky, almost seizure like for a few moments and my heartbeat felt off rythem for a litte while after. Could have all been anxiety I guess, but it defenetily felt very strange... Guess there could be something to it but it never happened again so I never really researched it. Interesting you had a similar occurance though..
Old 10-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindapsy Chick
My body became still and I could feel myself lifting up, starting from the legs up to my chest. I got a bit scared because I felt as if my heart was being pressed on, so I opened my eyes. As a result, I started trembling like CRAZY. Nothing was making me relax, from water, to ASMR. I called upon my spirit guides--family--and they literally told me my soul was partially floating from my body and was not going down no matter what they did.

With their love, they helped me really relax to lessen the trembling, but I still felt so freaking messed up. Then I remembered a video I watched, where if I want to go down, I have to ask my Higher Power to bring me back to my body. I did this. The result was ridiculous. I felt the weight of my body coming down, heavily. And when I kept repeating this phrase, all the trembling stopped. It was scary and SUPER COOL at the same time...more scary, tho.

I thought that if you mess up, you'll just fall back into your body, but it seems to not be the case for me. I guess I need more practice. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc? Thanks
The word "soul" in my opinion is far too archaic to even begin to define what actually occurs during astral projection. But just know that you NEVER have to worry about your "soul" leaving your "body" or about it returning to your your "body." The bodies (soul) you experience during dreams and projections are what I and many others call "subtle" bodies and it's not like through astral projection we always project into one singular body. Our subtle bodies (what you perceived as your "soul") are never inside, or outside of our physical body nor do they enter or leave our physical body. The reasoning behind this is very simple and that is because our physical body exists in the physical dimension and our subtle bodies (what has been called a "soul" for countless ages) exist in the spiritual dimensions. They exist in two completely different dimensions therefore it is dimensionally and locationally impossible for something that exists in a completely different dimension to be inside, outside, or to enter, or leave one another.

Perhaps they are connected in some spiritual etheric way similar to the way neurons in different locations of our brain are connected, but even if that is the case they are never inside, or outside of one another, they are co-existing bodies living in parallel and alternate dimensions. If our physical body was able to move in and out of the spiritual dimensions or our subtle bodies were able to move in and out of the physical dimension then perhaps it could be possible, but since that isn't the case it just isn't possible. So just always remember when you're projecting you NEVER have to worry about your subtle body (soul) returning to your physical body, nor do you have to worry about getting lost. The ONLY thing that ever leaves our physical body during dreams and astral projections is our consciousness and nothing else. That consciousness is able to shift into one body and out of another in fractions of millisecond and it happens every time you fall asleep and wake up. The only thing you ever need to do to end a projection is no different than how you wake yourself up from a dream. Re-assimilation of your subtle bodies into the physical body just isn't something that happens and so it's nothing to care or worry about.

With all that explained what likely occurred in your experience. First off the governing laws of the spiritual dimensions while they can often resemble our physical dimension also have some differences. Some of the most noticeable differences are psychic senses and powers are highly intensified and easier to use. Our subtle bodies do have some etheric density to them but they are no where near as dense as our physical body nor is "gravity" necessarily the same in every dimension we experience in dreams and projections. And so your levitation is something that commonly happens to people in dreams and projections, sometimes it is manually triggered and sometimes it is something that automatically happens sort of on auto-pilot. The third option is that an invisible spirit was latched onto you and making the both of you levitate, that is certainly always a possibility. But something to keep in mind is that the entire experience you discussed was an astral projection, regardless of if or when you realized you were in a projection you already were. Unfortunately some people miss out on valuable projection time because of their inaccurate belief that their "soul" needs to leave their physical body and so they need to manifest that scenario before they realize the projection has already began. I know for a fact that leaving that inaccurate belief behind only increases projection time and productivity.

Lastly something I am only going to briefly mention is that I spoke about earlier in my response is that we don't only dream and project in one singular "soul." We have other extensions of us living in some of these alternate and parallel spiritual dimensions and through our dreams and projection we can take control of that other extensions body and experience brief glimpses of their everyday life. Make no mistake life in the spiritual dimensions is life as we know it. Some of the rules, laws, and principles may be different but it is certainly still life. People have homes, jobs, family, friends, go to school, go to movies, make and listen to music, the list goes on. I'm not saying that there are not more "pure" dimensions where life as we know it completely morphs into something different, I do believe those do exist in realms such as the "Upper-Spheres" and so forth. But I am sure that are still some similarities even in those realms to life. The evolutionary line we take as Humans involves life in both the physical dimension and the spiritual dimensions and so the belief that one dies and just sits on their butt all day in Heaven in pure bliss just doesn't seem to hold weight in my opinion. Even those in the Upper-Spheres where the Gods, Saints, Jesus, etc. exist still work to help those under them ascend and so even that could be called a life in my opinion. I believe we all have extensions of consciousness living in these alternate and parallel worlds in many different locations. Some in the darker realms, some in the lighter realms and so the average person will likely experience a multitude of both. That is something that usually happens later on though in the beginning most people will experience the "RTZ" or they will experience the body of another extension of them, they just haven't worked out what is what yet so they are unable to recognize it. Anyways I don't want to take all day hopefully this explained some things for you, good luck.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 PM
PierceHerVeil

AP Help???

Okay so idk what im doing wrong. At night ill stay really still maybe even meditate to myself sometimes. than ill get to the vibrational stage. at this point I believe I see minimal colors but not much. Ill eventually get this weird feeling after being in the vibrational stage for awhile, where I cant feel my body and it feels as if I were lifting up(I sometimes think im lifting myself up on purpose but not sure) I can never really make it past this though. Idk what to do. I eventually just give up and go to sleep. Before bed ill do a meditation to activate and cleanse my chakras and ill check this post to see if anyone has left me any tips. I do not wanna resort to drugs to be able to do something so cool. I feel very helpless.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceHerVeil
Okay so idk what im doing wrong. At night ill stay really still maybe even meditate to myself sometimes. than ill get to the vibrational stage. at this point I believe I see minimal colors but not much. Ill eventually get this weird feeling after being in the vibrational stage for awhile, where I cant feel my body and it feels as if I were lifting up(I sometimes think im lifting myself up on purpose but not sure) I can never really make it past this though. Idk what to do. I eventually just give up and go to sleep. Before bed ill do a meditation to activate and cleanse my chakras and ill check this post to see if anyone has left me any tips. I do not wanna resort to drugs to be able to do something so cool. I feel very helpless.

Sounds like you're doing two things wrong. Firstly, it sounds like you are being a bit impatient. Secondly it sounds like you might be overcomplicating things. I used to astral project just for the fun of it, but I've never activated or cleansed my chakras, I don't even know what a chakra is

I use my own modification of a trick taught to me by a very clever man (an actual Grand Master of Kung Fu). You have to empty your mind first. The trick I was taught was to get comfortable, then focus on an imaginary orange spot just in front of your eyes, as close as if you were reading a book, ie a comfortable distance for you personally. Keep focusing on that orange spot, and practice. At first you will get blurry, wobbly glimpses of orange mess fading in and out, but with practice you will eventually get it to focus, and stay focused. It took me several weeks of practising for several hours per day, just to get to that point. Breathing exercises help to get the focus and to keep the body comfortable, which is important because if any part of your flesh finds itself short of oxygen or high in acid (a symptom of not enough oxygen), you'll get aches that break your focus. It all takes practice and patience, practice and patience.

For me, once I'd mastered the orange dot and could hold it as long as I wanted, I experimented a bit. Sometimes I got rid of it, and just held total emptiness. Sometimes I'd drop in other things, entirely created by my mind, and sometimes I'd "build" a dream. That took a good while to crack too.

Then you get to the big one. The projections. By comparison, building a dream is actually very easy. To project, you are not actually building anything. My trick is to meditate through the emptiness, because just underneath it is a lot of stuff. You let things in, but it takes conscious effort to not simply block it all out by cluttering your mind with stuff of your own imagining. Its fine (in my opinion and experience) to mix entirely manufactured stuff with actual encounters, as long as you know that that's what you're doing, otherwise you'll be just in a dream, entirely manufactured by yourself, which is not quite the same thing.

All of this takes practice and patience, then more practice and more patience.