Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Really messed up my first time (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69698)

Kindapsy Chick 09-06-2014 04:05 PM

Really messed up my first time

My body became still and I could feel myself lifting up, starting from the legs up to my chest. I got a bit scared because I felt as if my heart was being pressed on, so I opened my eyes. As a result, I started trembling like CRAZY. Nothing was making me relax, from water, to ASMR. I called upon my spirit guides--family--and they literally told me my soul was partially floating from my body and was not going down no matter what they did.

With their love, they helped me really relax to lessen the trembling, but I still felt so freaking messed up. Then I remembered a video I watched, where if I want to go down, I have to ask my Higher Power to bring me back to my body. I did this. The result was ridiculous. I felt the weight of my body coming down, heavily. And when I kept repeating this phrase, all the trembling stopped. It was scary and SUPER COOL at the same time...more scary, tho.

I thought that if you mess up, you'll just fall back into your body, but it seems to not be the case for me. I guess I need more practice. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc? :hug: Thanks

coreconfusion 09-06-2014 04:12 PM

the only thing i have to offer is that my first time was terrifying and i havent been able to do it since, even though now i know i have nothing to be afraid of. So i hope you dont have the same issues as i am having. I cant seem to get back to the sleep paralysis stage. Dont let your fear get in the way or i think you will have issues projecting again

Kindapsy Chick 09-06-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreconfusion
the only thing i have to offer is that my first time was terrifying and i havent been able to do it since, even though now i know i have nothing to be afraid of. So i hope you dont have the same issues as i am having. I cant seem to get back to the sleep paralysis stage. Dont let your fear get in the way or i think you will have issues projecting again

I just need to accept my first time will feel uncomfortable, I guess. I'll probably remind myself that I'll be very safe as long as I think positively (easier said than done).

Another fear I seem to have is that if I leave my body, what if another bad spirit comes in and possesses it? That's probably the other problem.

Sorry you can't do it, anymore. :O thanks for ur reply

coreconfusion 09-06-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindapsy Chick
I just need to accept my first time will feel uncomfortable, I guess. I'll probably remind myself that I'll be very safe as long as I think positively (easier said than done).

Another fear I seem to have is that if I leave my body, what if another bad spirit comes in and possesses it? That's probably the other problem.

Sorry you can't do it, anymore. :O thanks for ur reply

i havent dont have enough personal experience to really give an answer to that but from the research ive done, that's not possible. But if you are worried about harm coming to your physical body after you leave you can try creating a shield around it before you go explore. again, from research not experience

Lorelyen 09-06-2014 04:50 PM

You weren't prepared enough. Part of your preparation is to assure yourself that when it happens you'll neither be scared nor have a sudden burst of excitement that brings you out with a bump.

You dream okay? If yes, then there's nothing to be scared of about OB exits or astral travel. No "bad spirit" will enter your physical body while you're on the astral, nor more than it might at any other time. If you believe it can happen, don't dare to dream!!

Badger1777 09-06-2014 05:16 PM

It takes a lot of mental effort, and practice:)

Sometimes though, its quite scary even when you have got the hang of it. Its like anything else. You start off not that good at it, you get better with practice, you get a bit of bravado about things, and try things that are at your limit, and the result is scary.

The key difference between this and real world activities though is that unlike the physical world, in the astral realm you always have an emergency bail out option. You just have to move any part of your physical body and you'll coming zooming right back. It's got me out of bother from time to time :)

If you have to bail out though, just remember to not sit up or try to stand up too suddenly, or you'll most likely go dizzy and fall over. It can take a minute or two to readjust back to physical reality.

Kindapsy Chick 09-06-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You weren't prepared enough. Part of your preparation is to assure yourself that when it happens you'll neither be scared nor have a sudden burst of excitement that brings you out with a bump.

You dream okay? If yes, then there's nothing to be scared of about OB exits or astral travel. No "bad spirit" will enter your physical body while you're on the astral, nor more than it might at any other time. If you believe it can happen, don't dare to dream!!

Oh alright. I wasn't educated on astral projection so I wasn't sure if possession was possible. It seems it all really depends on my state of mind and I'll have to reassure myself that I'll rly be okay beforehand, too.

I don't get bad sleep paralysis dreams, anymore, so I should be fine. If I do, I always find there's a vortex-like exit to climb thru.

Thanks for the reply :)

Kindapsy Chick 09-06-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreconfusion
i havent dont have enough personal experience to really give an answer to that but from the research ive done, that's not possible. But if you are worried about harm coming to your physical body after you leave you can try creating a shield around it before you go explore. again, from research not experience

This seems to be a common consensus so I'll trust this. :D

Kindapsy Chick 09-06-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger1777
It takes a lot of mental effort, and practice:)

Sometimes though, its quite scary even when you have got the hang of it. Its like anything else. You start off not that good at it, you get better with practice, you get a bit of bravado about things, and try things that are at your limit, and the result is scary.

The key difference between this and real world activities though is that unlike the physical world, in the astral realm you always have an emergency bail out option. You just have to move any part of your physical body and you'll coming zooming right back. It's got me out of bother from time to time :)

If you have to bail out though, just remember to not sit up or try to stand up too suddenly, or you'll most likely go dizzy and fall over. It can take a minute or two to readjust back to physical reality.

Thank you for the advice Badger1777 :D although in terms of "bailing out," how come when I moved I had such a bad reaction and didn't seem to come back properly? I had to mentally suggest coming back. Am I different or just a newbie? :newbie:

coreconfusion 09-06-2014 06:19 PM

sent you a pm with some good links