Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 AM
somnium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
You are amazing somnium. Your posts are so wise and awe inspiring to me and they will be to many others. I don't feel you are attacking and I have no belief system to defend. Thank you for being here, for sharing and may you continue to enlighten others for the years that lie in greyness ahead of us.

People don't understand that you are shining a light for them. But one day they will look out of that darkness and see what your words really mean.

Peace and joy to you. You deserve it.
Much love back at you Meadows, and thank you very much! I didn`t see your reply until now.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Ivy

You're welcome.

But when you are as untouched by praise as by criticism...that is where silence, without the needs of ego is.

The idea that those who debate are insecure and battling with themselves...and those who praise are the ones who understand wisdom, seperates people along the continuum of better/worse, good/bad, more/less, sightful/blind.

These are the roots of self importance or low self esteem. To let them go, the view of yourself and of others is no longer comparative, it's peaceful and innocent. For me, that is the beauty of a childs spirit x
Old 03-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Master
The Silent Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Somnium, excellent stuff ...

And Guthrio, your post on page one wonderful AND with a bibliography!
Thank you. I love Baird.

Nice posts from all.

Miss Hepburn,

Much thanks for your kind words. Between Baird Spalding, Yogananda Paramhansa, Thomas Troward, and a few others, I am amazed how their respective views and lives speak to me...as do many in this SF space....
Old 03-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Freedom33

"Becoming aware of yourself as a spiritual being." Thanks Guthrio, I am going to put that one into my artilery. I have read that series of the Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East... How intense is that Jesus and Buddha bit? Great read. I would recommend them to anyone.

I loved Unveiled Mysteries as well. I can tell through your words that you have an understanding of your I AM Presence. It's good to hear some truth on here.

Thank you.

David
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
somnium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
You're welcome.

But when you are as untouched by praise as by criticism...that is where silence, without the needs of ego is.

The idea that those who debate are insecure and battling with themselves...and those who praise are the ones who understand wisdom, seperates people along the continuum of better/worse, good/bad, more/less, sightful/blind.

These are the roots of self importance or low self esteem. To let them go, the view of yourself and of others is no longer comparative, it's peaceful and innocent. For me, that is the beauty of a childs spirit x

I agree completely.

I tend to look at the aspects of myself and choose to have the aspects i enjoy. I enjoy praise and constructive criticism. To be untouched by it is also a choice, but my desire is for warmth. I simply enjoy kindness and insight. I think that when you seek actions that are creative, or progressive then our intent will follow. Or rather our actions will follow our intent.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Master
The silent knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom33
"Becoming aware of yourself as a spiritual being." Thanks Guthrio, I am going to put that one into my artilery. I have read that series of the Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East... How intense is that Jesus and Buddha bit? Great read. I would recommend them to anyone.

I loved Unveiled Mysteries as well. I can tell through your words that you have an understanding of your I AM Presence. It's good to hear some truth on here.

Thank you.

David

David,

Thank you for your kind words.

Would that mankind be just as united in demonstrating the I AM Presence within ourselves as both Jesus and Buddha showed us how to do during their earthly sojourns...and Who continue to demonstrate as living proof of immutable Truth, even this very day.

"Love thy neighbor as thyself" because thy neighbor IS Thyself !

I AM THAT I AM AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO OTHER.

2+2=4 and beside 4 there is no other answer.

Can there be ANYTHING more obvious than that we are best served when we work with the UN-changing Truth of our Being, not with EVER-changing beliefs about who we think we are?

I'd say that's a pretty good way to learn about the wonder of our Selves and especially about the Giver of such a gift as the capability to make mistakes. Through such a gift, you realize how serious our Creator is to have us freely discover the Absolute Truth about ourselves, FOR ourselves.

It is because of the I AM Presence within us ALL.....that I agree with Somnium's excellent quote: "...all the answers are within us, and we have all that we need..."
Old 07-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
David,

Thank you for your kind words.

Would that mankind be just as united in demonstrating the I AM Presence within ourselves as both Jesus and Buddha showed us how to do during their earthly sojourns...and Who continue to demonstrate as living proof of immutable Truth, even this very day.

"Love thy neighbor as thyself" because thy neighbor IS Thyself !

I AM THAT I AM AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO OTHER.

2+2=4 and beside 4 there is no other answer.

Can there be ANYTHING more obvious than that we are best served when we work with the UN-changing Truth of our Being, not with EVER-changing beliefs about who we think we are?

I'd say that's a pretty good way to learn about the wonder of our Selves and especially about the Giver of such a gift as the capability to make mistakes. Through such a gift, you realize how serious our Creator is to have us freely discover the Absolute Truth about ourselves, FOR ourselves....Don't you ?

'The victim sees other through the eyes of blame...the saviour sees the other through eyes of pity... but the wise man sees no other.'

Slightly different, but along the same lines. I really like the way you have explained this Guthrio. Thanks for taking the time to do so.