Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
NightSpirit, great to hear from you!
I am glad you were able to get the book.

The book is in PDF format, and there is a table of contents, which is pretty detailed. If you skim through it, you will see most of the topics I've listed.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding these. I'll copy/paste them in here, for your reference.

Thank you, for taking the time to look.

ps. The book which contains the subjects that I've listed, is called The Gospel of God's Love - the Padgett messages.
The book below that one, on that same page, is geared more towards Old Testament Sermons. That 2nd book, was not received by Mr. Padgett, but rather Dr. Samuels, another great medium, and a friend of his, who had a great knowledge of the Bible.

The topics I've listed, are mainly covered in Mr.Padgett's book, Gospel of God's Love.
Dr. Samuels focuses more on Old Testament Sermons. So you won't find those subjects so much in his book.

Again, feel free to write, and let me know if you find it, otherwise, I'll copy/pase it in here for you!

ah ok...i wondered about the 2nd book. I'll go back and scrutinise the 1st some more...thanks.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Yea, and the real people are hiding behind the many forms of spirituality, meditating in unusual physical positions bending their bodies backwards in an ugly fashion, seeking conversation with the spirit world, etc., that may seem to be “spiritual, " to some, but they are in fact false spirituality.

Who are you to make this determination? What is your basis for this? It may be "false" for you but what makes it false for everyone?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
There's a difference between an unbelievers and a believers fear of God. A believers fear is reverence for God. On a another note in Proverbs, Proverbs, and the Bible as a whole, does not try to prove the existence of its God; it rather presents God's existence as a presupposition that is manifest in history and nature.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This verse demands a particular attitude in one's relationship to Israel's covenant God, and that is communicated through fear.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. As a beginning this statement claims that there is no knowledge apart from a proper attitude and relationship to the Lord. Fear of the Lord is foundational to knowledge, which here functions as a close synonym to wisdom. The word "beginning" has the sense not only of "first" but also of foundation or even source. It many not be stretching the concept too far to think of the beginning of wisdom functioning as a presupposition or preunderstanding. It is the first thought that makes all other thoughts fall into place.

Fear, from respect or awe to utter terror. Indisputable, however, is the basic premise that to fear the Lord is to stand in a subservient position to him, to acknowledge one's dependence upon him. In the context of knowledge, it is to recognize that there is no true knowledge without reference to him. True knowledge begins with an acknowledgment that everything is created and sustained by God and that he is the one who imparts knowledge not only through revelation but also through experience, observations and reason.

The second truth from the opposite perspective. Wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Of course it is ridiculous to think that those who reject God have no knowledge or understanding of anything. Indeed, in ancient and as well as modern times, some of the brightest people are either indifferent or even hostile toward God. There is a group of people who despise wisdom and therefore implicitly despise the Lord, and they are the fools. The "fool" or the mocker, Proverbs 27:22, "Though you grind a fool in a mortar, grinding him like grain with a pestle, you will not remove his folly from him." The fool is characterized as an incorrigible ignoramus. Its verbal root means to grow thick. It would take such a fool to reject wisdom and discipline, which leads to such wonderful consequences.

OMG! A proselytizer that has all the correct answers that we don't! Run and don't look back!

UGH! That all sounds very ugly and un god like to me.

Tell me, how can you prove to me that this is the ultimate truth and what others believe isn't?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
ah ok...i wondered about the 2nd book. I'll go back and scrutinise the 1st some more...thanks.

No worries!
Yes, definitely read the 1st book, and feel free to write me on any of the content you find, along the way!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Dehe's a diffehess betweebuhn an unbeliebehs 'n a beliebehs fear of God. A beliebehs fear is rebehess f' God. On a anodeh note in Probehbs, duuhhhh, Probehbs, duuhhhh, 'n de Biggle as a whole, uh uh uh, does not try t' probe the, uh, existess of its God; it radeh presents God's existess as a presupposishun dat is manifest in hifayree tale 'n nature. OMG! Doihh, COOL! A proselytizeh dat has all the, errr, correck answebuhrs dat webuh don't! COOOL MAN! Run 'n don't look back! Doihh, COOL! UGH! Doihh, COOL! Dat all sounds behy ug and un god like t' me. Tell me, uh uh uh, duh, how can you probe t' me dat dis is de ultimate trud 'n what odehs beliebe isn't, duh...uh...?

Seazen gots ya' not already been called spiteful hateful and poisonous elsewhere on de fo'ums? Hey Jollyman Deb. Co' got d' beat!, look some sucka here around dese parts be stickin' down fo' ya'! Right on! Now slap me some skin. 'S coo', bro.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
OMG! A proselytizer that has all the correct answers that we don't! Run and don't look back!

UGH! That all sounds very ugly and un god like to me.

Tell me, how can you prove to me that this is the ultimate truth and what others believe isn't?

SeaZen, do not bother replying to this individual.

I had exchanged some comments with him yesterday, and "very ugly", is just the tip of the ice berg, with this person.

There are some people, who are so negatively skewed, that they attempt to spoil the well being of others.

This individual, and the comments he makes, are designed for this purpose.

Not to have a dialogue.

Not to speak sincerely.

Only to spread his own negativity.

Do not grace him with any kind of response. His brand of logic is hallow, and you needn't prove nor disprove anything to such an individual.
Life itself, teaches people like this.
And the lessons, are often difficult, and most trying.

Harmony, is what every soul, every person desires.
People can harmonize, and disagree at the same time.

I had a similar experience on a Christian forum. The teachings that brought me to God's Divine Love, and to Christianity, are not what formal Christians would consider as sanctioned, or appropriate, because they came from a channeled source.
This goes against church doctrine.

I sensed some disharmony, and could tell right away, that my views, and these people's views, were not going to align, on any particular. Not in any way.
But in the end, what I could also sense, despite our huge differences, is the Love of God in their souls.
I could feel it clearly.
These were good people.
We did not agree on certain particulars, but the Love of God was present in their souls.
They were dismissive of the content I tried to share, but they were good poeple, kind, sincere.

I came here, in the hopes of finding a more spiritual forum, a place that would not dismiss or be perturbed by channeled teachings.

And what I found, was a few really cool people so far.
And unfortunately, this individual.

SeaZen, the condition of this individual, is such, that everything he says, and writes, is filled with the very thing that pollutes his soul.
It shows in his writing.
The negativity.
Malevolence.

I tell you, take it from me. Life will teach these types of individuals the necessary lessons they need to learn.

Do not feed his negativity with any effort on your part.

Instead, speak to sincere people.

People, who have Love within their soul. God's Love. Any kind of Love.

He may quote you scripture, and he may occupy the space on this screen with his damaged perspective.
But what he knows, and what everyone can sense, is the complete lack of God's Love in his soul.
His soul, in the way he excercises it, is completely bereft of any Love, of any kindness or sincerity.

That will change over time. No soul can remain in that condition forever.

But don't be lulled into exchanges with such people.

There is only an expenditure of your time and energy. Nothing more.

Love and Blessings to All,
Old 04-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Shim

Quote:

I had exchanged some comments with him yesterday, and "very ugly", is just the tip of the ice berg, with this person.

There are some people, who are so negatively skewed, that they attempt to spoil the well being of others.

Not to have a dialogue.

Not to speak sincerely.

Do not grace him with any kind of response. His brand of logic is hallow, and you needn't prove nor disprove anything to such an individual.
Life itself, teaches people like this.
And the lessons, are often difficult, and most trying.

Harmony, is what every soul, every person desires.
People can harmonize, and disagree at the same time.

I had a similar experience on a Christian forum. The teachings that brought me to God's Divine Love, and to Christianity, are not what formal Christians would consider as sanctioned, or appropriate, because they came from a channeled source.
This goes against church doctrine.

I sensed some disharmony, and could tell right away, that my views, and these people's views, were not going to align, on any particular. Not in any way.
But in the end, what I could also sense, despite our huge differences, is the Love of God in their souls.
I could feel it clearly.
These were good people.
We did not agree on certain particulars, but the Love of God was present in their souls.
They were dismissive of the content I tried to share, but they were good poeple, kind, sincere.

I came here, in the hopes of finding a more spiritual forum, a place that would not dismiss or be perturbed by channeled teachings.

And what I found, was a few really cool people so far.
And unfortunately, this individual.

SeaZen, the condition of this individual, is such, that everything he says, and writes, is filled with the very thing that pollutes his soul.
It shows in his writing.
The negativity.
Malevolence.

I tell you, take it from me. Life will teach these types of individuals the necessary lessons they need to learn.

Do not feed his negativity with any effort on your part.

Instead, speak to sincere people.

People, who have Love within their soul. God's Love. Any kind of Love.

He may quote you scripture, and he may occupy the space on this screen with his damaged perspective.
But what he knows, and what everyone can sense, is the complete lack of God's Love in his soul.
His soul, in the way he excercises it, is completely bereft of any Love, of any kindness or sincerity.

That will change over time. No soul can remain in that condition forever.

But don't be lulled into exchanges with such people.

There is only an expenditure of your time and energy. Nothing more.

Love and Blessings to All,

Oh how easy is some t'see drough. Lop some boogie. Ten t'one says he won't follow ya' o' yo' advice. Now let's see whut he posts! Right on!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Master

Quote:

Not to have a dialogue.

Not to speak sincerely.

Judging by his screwy responses, you are correct. He is just a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I will take your advice and not feed it.

P.S. You should have taken him up on his bet, he gave you 10 to 1 odds that I would respond to him. You would have made some good money!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
. I think this person no longer likes me since I'm moving more into Christianity direction. It doesn't mean I no longer have spiritual beliefs. What are your thoughts?

If someone doesn't like you because of your chosen spiritual path, that person is not spiritual themselves
Old 05-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Judging by his screwy responses, you are correct. He is just a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I will take your advice and not feed it.

P.S. You should have taken him up on his bet, he gave you 10 to 1 odds that I would respond to him. You would have made some good money!

LOL! :)

I had another member warn me about this individual.
That he tries to get a rise out of people.

It's rather sad. And petty.

There's already so much disharmony in the world, like anyone here needs more negativity?

People want to connect, to share, to express, in a sincere way.

In stark contrast to that, there is always one or two like him, that come out of the woodwork, just to play crooked.

But once you tune into the fact that this guy's got some serious problems, you just stay clear. :)

Screwy responses, is an understatement.

Only a deeply disturbed individual, would derive any form of enjoyment, from intentionally skewing the sincerity of others.