Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2012, 10:08 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Good clarification, Dar. But then I get to point where I feel that differentiating the dualities becomes sort of a useless effort. First comes the Whole. Parts are only one way of looking at it. Unless it's a useful perspective, why bother?

Lora
Hi Lora: Agreed, why differentiate.. duality is how the Whole experiences its existence, duality is neither less nor more than the Whole.. it IS the Whole, Creating itself experientially.. in that, there is purpose and intention, to 'experience'.. this/that, light/dark, love/hate, good/bad, matter only in that they are the stage, the vehicles, through which the Whole experiences its own existence.. if there were not the curiosity, the question, "What AM I", none of this/that would exist.. so, at some level, the unbalanced preferences add the dynamics of change and add the movement of 'experience'..

With the Super Bowl coming up, some of the guys, maybe gals too, might understand this.. i do not have a favorite 'team', and i never care who wins a game.. but, i do enjoy the game itself.. same with Life, i have no interest in being right, or winning, but i choose to experience it well.. so, sometimes i ask folks if they're 'sure' it 'has' to be this way or that way, isn't it equally valid to just 'be'..

Be well.. and remember, i chose my 'signature line' because it works..
Old 28-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
In the compassion topic I talked about how one can have compassion for others but that does not keep one from protecting oneself or others - it does not keep one from choosing to preserve oneself when threatened - in fact, that is the basis for it.

Your statement here says I am pushing a preference upon other people, which can never be good, coming from self interest, and a valuation of myself above others. I agree with the principle if not the application.

I'm not the one who brought up 'preference' to dismiss another's view, Tzu did in his accusation. Why does Tzu get a pass for making his comparisons and judgements, but you nail anyone who disagrees with it?

IMO, The basis for true morality isn't having a dogmatic preference for one or the other or neither (which IS ALSO a preference, and a negative in any but the most extreme circumstances), but a valuation based on the innate sanctity of all expressions of the universe. Just like compassion, however, that does not keep me from discerning which expression is repressive, and which is expanding and nurturing in nature - in fact, that is the basis for it.

Sure it's an unbalanced preference because there's a desire for love and hatred for pain, but to love is to hurt, so where's the preference gone?
Old 28-01-2012, 10:34 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
I'm not the one who brought up 'preference' to dismiss another's view, Tzu did in his accusation. Why does Tzu get a pass for making his comparisons and judgements, but you nail anyone who disagrees with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure it's an unbalanced preference because there's a desire for love and hatred for pain, but to love is to hurt, so where's the preference gone?
Is Humm still going on about me? the same Humm that talks about letting go, and Love? It is SO liberating to let go.....

Be well..
Old 28-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Master
Hello,

It does appear to be a choice or preference as to how one decides how or whether to label one thing and another.

I do agree without the one thing how can someone recognize the other.

It seems the world we live in is of these opposites or contrasting elements.

We have lived with them through out our existence and still seem to evolve in some manner.

What is seen in complete darkness? Nothing right? Is there something to fear from nothing? (just presenting a thought here)

IMO, it is as one creates to be for him/her self.

Not saying there are not some elements and ways of acting that can be threatening and uncomfortable. Just that it can be how one chooses to react to these or not, IMO.

Peace
Old 28-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I have experienced it for myself, and you cannot label darkness as 'ambiguous' without comprehending the balance of 'ambiguous-ness' related to 'awareness in pure love".. they are inseparable contrasting principles of the same happening, we/us/Life.. otherwise, you are simply expressing a preference..

Be well..

I cannot? hmmm...

"Darkness" as it is often used in spiritual circles is a catch-all term for "what we are afraid of, is negative in intention, and/or we don't like."

Not saying those are wrong definitions, it's just usually not very clear in people's minds.

The actual experience of darkness is clear and unambiguous. Same with pure love itself.

And in fact they are not opposites. There are many forms of darkness, for instance nighttime, the dark mother light and outer space which are not negative, nor are they the absence of love. As I see it, this absence only occurs in the closed heart and mind.

Xan

Old 28-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Master
to love is to hurt

In relationships people who love each may also hurt each other, but
it isn't always that way

and the love is not what does the hurting, it's other stuff added on or taken away.

Xan

Old 28-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
to love is to hurt

In relationships people who love each may also hurt each other ... it isn't always that way ...

and the love is not what does the hurting, it's other stuff added on or taken away.

I agree wholeheartedly ... it is a misconception that 'love' hurts ... in my experience anyway ...
Old 28-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
to love is to hurt

In relationships people who love each may also hurt each other, but
it isn't always that way

Xan

Hello Xan,

This rings true with me upon reading it. Nice insight.

Thank You
Old 28-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Master
When you seperate love from your life and divide into into big and little 'L' you can imagine one isn't the same as another, and this is probably done because there still exists an aversion for love's pain.
Old 29-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Master
I agree... when people have felt pain along with love it can be a real turn-off to love.

Xan