Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Does darkness try to prevent someone's evolution? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29623)

Usako 28-01-2012 02:26 AM

Does darkness try to prevent someone's evolution?

I am speaking from personal experiences here...

I am not still able to decide if to believe in the Devil, or believe in less evolved beings who preffer evil ways...I'm on the fence. But either way I believe that there must be some kind of darkness that puts blocks into the path of someone who might accomplish great things with their lives or is on the road of having a spiritual awakening.

Is there something that tries to prevents this from happening?

In my case sometimes it feels like when I am starting going towards the path of enlightenment something comes and puts a stop to it, even bringing the worst of me out. It could be the Ego, but at times it feels like something greater.

Could there be some force that want to prevent people's advancement into the Light?

Gracey 28-01-2012 02:30 AM

I have been wondering the exact same thing today, curious to see where this thread leads.

psychoslice 28-01-2012 02:33 AM

I think that so called darkness can only change your evolution in Consciousness, if we let it, when we realize that the so called darkness is just, darkness, it then loses its hold over us. When we are in the light of truth, darkness disappears.

Xan 28-01-2012 03:09 AM

I wouldn't call it "darkness" because it's sort of ambiguous.

But there are negative entities and negative minds that not only resist openness in themselves, but fight against the increase of awareness and light in the world in very devious ways. I know some myself.

This is not a call for fear but for awareness in pure love itself... which not a just a nice idea but real, though subtle, power.

Xan

TzuJanLi 28-01-2012 03:56 AM

Greetings..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
I wouldn't call it "darkness" because it's sort of ambiguous.

But there are negative entities and negative minds that not only resist openness in themselves, but fight against the increase of awareness and light in the world in very devious ways. I know some myself.

This is not a call for fear but for awareness in pure love itself... which not a just a nice idea but real, though subtle, power.

Xan

Equally ambiguous.. just sayin'..

Be well..

Xan 28-01-2012 04:00 AM

Awareness in pure love and its power is only ambiguous until you experience it for yourself.

Xan

psychoslice 28-01-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Awareness in pure love and its power is only ambiguous until you experience it for yourself.

Xan

Yes so true, but as soon as we open our mouth up, its ambiguous.

Humm 28-01-2012 04:20 AM

The archetypal metaphor of light works the same as vision - Light is what illuminates in consciousness.

Conversely, darkness is un-knowingness, un-understanding - ambiguousness.

Humm 28-01-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes so true, but as soon as we open our mouth up, its ambiguous.

What does this mean? Clearly if understanding is in consciousness, then it is un-ambiguous within. We either are able to point the way conceptually, or not, but once experienced, remains experienced.

Silver 28-01-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humm
The archetypal metaphor of light works the same as vision - Light is what illuminates in consciousness.

Conversely, darkness is un-knowingness, un-understanding - ambiguousness.

Doesn't that seem like a sort of superstition?