Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwakeningtoSpirit
Hi Troll,
I am sorry that your master did not warn you that your Reiki attunement could possibly awaken your kundilini. Wishing you wellness.
Not considering the psychological state of the student is one of the outcomes of the belief that Reiki can do no harm, ever. There are exceptions, and I belief that the exceptions are increasing in numbers.

In our society there is little to no cultural support in place when things go wrong spiritually and in the New Age and similar fields there are few who can give support beyond repeating slogans and cliches.

I think far too many Reiki people have no idea about psychology and walk where angels would fear to tread. There are people who should not be attuned or be attuned only if there is suitable background support in place.
Old 26-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Not considering the psychological state of the student is one of the outcomes of the belief that Reiki can do no harm, ever. There are exceptions, and I belief that the exceptions are increasing in numbers.

In our society there is little to no cultural support in place when things go wrong spiritually and in the New Age and similar fields there are few who can give support beyond repeating slogans and cliches.

I think far too many Reiki people have no idea about psychology and walk where angels would fear to tread. There are people who should not be attuned or be attuned only if there is suitable background support in place.

I agree.. . .. ..
Old 27-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I agree.. . .. ..

Do you?

Why is there so much IGNORANCE in reiki

The spiritual crisis resulting in mania is a cause-effect result of doing kundalini even in people with no history of mental illness
It is documented as fact. DSM-IV . THE manual for psych practice in North America

In fact,
in Korea where attunement is done solitarily almost exclusively, it is extremely common. Even anticipated and accepted.

but it tends to only happen for solitary adherents

You should all be overjoyed with this research it proves that something about kundalini universal life energy is real
it proves that a lot of what Dr. Wilhelm Reich was researching is probably true.
A revolution in psych practice could be on the horizon

you all **** around in the mud ho hum ho hum
Old 27-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
Do you?

Why is there so much IGNORANCE in reiki

The spiritual crisis resulting in mania is a cause-effect result of doing kundalini even in people with no history of mental illness
It is documented as fact. DSM-IV . THE manual for psych practice in North America

In fact,
in Korea where attunement is done solitarily almost exclusively, it is extremely common. Even anticipated and accepted.

but it tends to only happen for solitary adherents

You should all be overjoyed with this research it proves that something about kundalini universal life energy is real
it proves that a lot of what Dr. Wilhelm Reich was researching is probably true.
A revolution in psych practice could be on the horizon

you all **** around in the mud ho hum ho hum
Everyone wants to be a healer. Everyone wants to feel good by trying to do good. Reiki, being relatively inexpensive, easy and quick attracts a lot of people who do healing not because they want to heal the person but because it makes them feel good. IOW, the primary reason to do it is for themselves, the client is just the means to an end. Luckily, many clients may still benefit but obviously not to the full extent possible.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:45 AM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin

Yes there is. God.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:02 AM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Wow - so much confusion about all of this. I'll try to separate everything so we're talking about the same thing.

healing crisis
- this is the releasing of toxic things (thoughts, emotions, toxic cells in the body) that proceed healing
- it is usually associated with things like fasting, things to do with the body

crown chakra energy = reiki energy
- this is pure Spiritual energy (chi, qi, prana...) that comes from the Source of everyone, accessed through being in a state of meditation, prayer or perfect attunement with a reiki master or symbols

any healing energy = positive heart chakra energy = love
- this can be reiki also if done with the intention to bring out the purest most divine qualities, but strictly speaking is an emotional surge coming from your own being (reiki is that too but with the added dimension of infinity)
- crown chakra energy may also come through the heart chakra

kryias (DSM-IV, Code V62.89) = spiritual experiences that cannot be explained by medical science (read this article: http://www.spiritualcompetency.com/jhpseart.html which is a complaint that hardly anyone exists neither in the medical establishment nor in the clergy who is competent to treat this)
- these are energy experiences manifesting at the level of body, mind or emotion
- when they come about before the person is ready they can create problems (Gopi Krishna wrote about this in Living With Kundalini)
- when awakened naturally (without forced methods like pranayama and bandhas) through the guidance of a master, all kryias are beneficial and lead to higher consciousness
- the purpose of kryias is to purify the body to receive more energy and higher consciousness
- the tantric view of the universe is that all is energy and information (the two go together like wife and husband)
- the purpose of spiritual enlightenment is not to acquire kryias but to come into a space of the peace that passeth all understanding (which is a space of pure silence, of pure meditation)

psychotic episodes
- this is dealt with in the rest of the DSM-IV manual
- people who are schizophrenic, psychotic or take drugs should not be doing practices that can produce kryias

shamanism
- this is a practice of going into trance states in order to access information from the great memory field of the universe (the causal field)
- it is usually done as part of a cure, looking for root causes such as karmic issues, soul retrieval...that kind of thing
- shamanism is a risky practice for the shaman because it is a type of channeling in which the person loses conscious control (to a degree) opening themselves up to any outside guidance rather than their own inner Kundalini

Now...spiritual energy is spiritual energy but when you take something that is very pure and noble and good and channel it through something that is tainted, selfish, impure...or immature or incompetent to receive it...resistance is going to happen. There will be pain instead of happiness.

A good lightworker, a good energy master will admit to their limitations and will try to discourage dependency on them. A true master will lead you to the master within. Their purpose is to awaken the flame of spiritual light from the Source that is dormant within you and to guide you in how to allow this light to grow brighter...and through this process eventually lets go your hand so you are flying by yourself.

This is a lot of stuff condensed into a tiny space but just to give you an idea and not to lump everything into one category!

There is no need to fear spiritual energy - it is the power of God - it is the light of all things. But it is important to respect it!
and in general like attracts like...positive intentions, positive behaviour will attract positive energy; negative intentions, negative behaviour will attract negative energy (and "negative energy" is a misnomer but that's another discussion and this post is already too long)
being a speed reader. Sometimes i miss a lot of whats going in in a sentence. So ive read your reply thoroughly.

You're very informative and thought provoking.
Old 28-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogey
Yes there is. God.
Reiki is a system of natural healing. It does not require having faith or belief in something.
One might work with God in one's own practice. To introduce God into Reiki as a system, including discussions thereof, is to contaminate it.
Old 28-02-2012, 06:55 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Reiki is a system of natural healing. It does not require having faith or belief in something.
One might work with God in one's own practice. To introduce God into Reiki as a system, including discussions thereof, is to contaminate it.
That's your opinion.

God is whom i get my energy from. I enjoy the talent. That God is allowing me to develop. Whenever i do a healing hands on or distance. I always start out directing my intent to either God or Jesus.
Before i place the signs into the persons head and hands and chest. I always start out with placing God, the Father, Holy Spirit.

I always tell the person that im working with. What im doing. That way if they want to think of Allah instead. They're free to do so.

That's the way i do it. Since this is a spiritual matter/physical. You can't get any more spiritual than asking for Gods permission first.

How can you contaminate a discussion about reiki by bringing God into the equation. After all i believe it was God or one of his deputies. Who first attuned me. My first attunement wasn't by a person. In fact it came to me. While working out at my gym. Prior to signing up for the course.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Knower

We all have a natural ability to share ‘healing’ energy… also known as love.

A very good web site about Reiki is http://www.reiki.org/

As for the original question… Why do we need attunements? Well, we don’t have to have attunements but they are beneficial in assisting us to flow more energy. Imagine if you will that you naturally flow energy that is the diameter of a pencil lead. With the first attunement we then flow more energy… perhaps now the size of a typical pencil. With each attunement, we flow an increased amount of energy.

Because we are each different, some people may have come into this life with their ability to share healing energy wide open.

Some reasons that Reiki appeals to me is that 1) It can do no harm 2) A person needs no religious or ‘spiritual’ belief to share the energy 3) The energy flows like a one way pipe thus the energy can be shared freely, we don’t suck up someone else’s ’stuff’ (Empaths may have a different experience) and 4) As the one who flows the energy, we receive the benefit of soaking in a bit of the love and healing while being the pipe.

I have been a Reiki practioner for nearly 10 years now. During this time I have been lucky to be a part of a Reiki share group. During relatively short periods the group did not meet and I deeply missed the shares.

I can only speak of the attunements I received and given… never was I asked nor required to give my freedom away to the persons I received attunements from. I never required anything from someone I attuned.

Troll… you have experienced challenges for yourself that are far different from others. May your balance be found. You do bring up a very valid point. If a person is experiencing difficulties…. emotionally and/or physically I would chose to not attune them. It would be completely irresponsible on my part to attune someone that I felt was out of balance with themselves… I feel a person should be in a ‘good state of mind’ prior to an attunement.

Kundalini awaking is a whole different story than Reiki. To the best of my understanding… kundalini is a personal raising of energy… Reiki energy comes from Source to flow through us for the benefit of ourselves and others. It seems the Guides that work with me assisted with the awakening of my kundalini energy. Sigh, it was one heck of an experience when it reached my crown chakra… wow!

The only side effect I had from Reiki attunements was becoming used to an increased flow of energy. In time the new flow settled in.

Rituals are unnecessary whether Reiki is shared in person or distantly. That being said, drawing the symbols is something I like to do as opposed to something I have to do. For me it is like mentally turning on the faucet.

One can send energy to anyone… anywhere… anytime… Yes, the recipient needs to be open on some level to accept the energy.

The ‘healing crisis’ is also up to the person receiving… if they feel it is important to experience a purging of some sort then they will. I dislike when a person is told they ‘will’ experience something negative as some people will then manifest the ‘suggested’ side effects… aka Reiki flu. In addition, a Reiki Master should be available to a person after an attunement in case there are questions or possible reactions.

When someone attends a Reiki share with us the first time I explain to them that… 95% of folks will likely have the best night’s sleep they have had in ages, even if they are a great sleeper. 3% may find themselves very energized, go home and clean their house, the neighbors house and look for more ways to process their energy. 2% may experience a clearing of energy that might give them a bit of body clearing such as diarrhea that will pass rather quickly. Typically the 2% only experience physical cleaning after the first experience with Reiki as some sort of energy flow has been unclogged.

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingTheShift
We all have a natural ability to share ‘healing’ energy… also known as love.

A very good web site about Reiki is http://www.reiki.org/

As for the original question… Why do we need attunements? Well, we don’t have to have attunements but they are beneficial in assisting us to flow more energy. Imagine if you will that you naturally flow energy that is the diameter of a pencil lead. With the first attunement we then flow more energy… perhaps now the size of a typical pencil. With each attunement, we flow an increased amount of energy.

Because we are each different, some people may have come into this life with their ability to share healing energy wide open.

Some reasons that Reiki appeals to me is that 1) It can do no harm 2) A person needs no religious or ‘spiritual’ belief to share the energy 3) The energy flows like a one way pipe thus the energy can be shared freely, we don’t suck up someone else’s ’stuff’ (Empaths may have a different experience) and 4) As the one who flows the energy, we receive the benefit of soaking in a bit of the love and healing while being the pipe.

I have been a Reiki practioner for nearly 10 years now. During this time I have been lucky to be a part of a Reiki share group. During relatively short periods the group did not meet and I deeply missed the shares.

I can only speak of the attunements I received and given… never was I asked nor required to give my freedom away to the persons I received attunements from. I never required anything from someone I attuned.

Troll… you have experienced challenges for yourself that are far different from others. May your balance be found. You do bring up a very valid point. If a person is experiencing difficulties…. emotionally and/or physically I would chose to not attune them. It would be completely irresponsible on my part to attune someone that I felt was out of balance with themselves… I feel a person should be in a ‘good state of mind’ prior to an attunement.

Kundalini awaking is a whole different story than Reiki. To the best of my understanding… kundalini is a personal raising of energy… Reiki energy comes from Source to flow through us for the benefit of ourselves and others. It seems the Guides that work with me assisted with the awakening of my kundalini energy. Sigh, it was one heck of an experience when it reached my crown chakra… wow!

The only side effect I had from Reiki attunements was becoming used to an increased flow of energy. In time the new flow settled in.

Rituals are unnecessary whether Reiki is shared in person or distantly. That being said, drawing the symbols is something I like to do as opposed to something I have to do. For me it is like mentally turning on the faucet.

One can send energy to anyone… anywhere… anytime… Yes, the recipient needs to be open on some level to accept the energy.

The ‘healing crisis’ is also up to the person receiving… if they feel it is important to experience a purging of some sort then they will. I dislike when a person is told they ‘will’ experience something negative as some people will then manifest the ‘suggested’ sideh effects… aka Reiki flu. In addition, a Reiki Master should be available to a person after an attunement in case there are questions or possible reactions.

When someone attends a Reiki share with us the first time I explain to them that… 95% of folks will likely have the best night’s sleep they have had in ages, even if they are a great sleeper. 3% may find themselves very energized, go home and clean their house, the neighbors house and look for more ways to process their energy. 2% may experience a clearing of energy that might give them a bit of body clearing such as diarrhea that will pass rather quickly. Typically the 2% only experience physical cleaning after the first experience with Reiki as some sort of energy flow has been unclogged.

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.
i agree. I never tell anyone that ehom im doi Reiki with. That they have to spiritually follow everything that i do. Ive always felt. That God has been nice enough to allow me to develop this talent. So i should acknowledge God when passing it on.

When giving a hands on Reiki. I inform my partner. What i am doing. If they feel uncomfortable with anything. They're free to tell me. If they're not enjoying the experience. Neither will i.