Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-08-2011, 11:54 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Curiosity is one of the things that helps give us the impetus to push out the boundaries to begin to explore other things about our spiritual journey. This curiosity about expanding may well extend beyond being just a human characteristic.

It is useful to use this curiosity in expanding our consciousness. Where this searching for something more spiritual can be problematic is when we under-appreciate our current NOW & us right now, feeling our self to be inferior to a future level of desired increased awareness. The -I’m not there yet- feeling can be a flawed game we play throughout eternity. We’re constantly growing & expanding, so there are always higher levels of awareness to be reached. Instead of this unproductive energy pattern, it can be supplanted w/ one that is -I’m where I didn’t think I would be- 5 years, 5 months, or 5 days ago!

Its funny Miss Mattie but whenever you drop by I feel a tad self conscious.....like I should have cleaned up the place a bit ( tucks dirty plates under sofa cushions)
If I can add to what you said I would rope in self doubt with curiousity as a catalyst for motivation for exploration. Curiousity is a different trait then the dry mental process of evaluation & judgement.
One thing I have been trying to stick in for ages is the whole aspect of goals & affirmations being a determent to being in the moment. That the aspect of searching for something else / better in life causes us to negate the present......I might whack that on another thread......

Last edited by not human : 23-08-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 23-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Curiosity is one of the things that helps give us the impetus to push out the boundaries to begin to explore other things about our spiritual journey. This curiosity about expanding may well extend beyond being just a human characteristic.

It is useful to use this curiosity in expanding our consciousness. Where this searching for something more spiritual can be problematic is when we under-appreciate our current NOW & us right now, feeling our self to be inferior to a future level of desired increased awareness. The -I’m not there yet- feeling can be a flawed game we play throughout eternity. We’re constantly growing & expanding, so there are always higher levels of awareness to be reached. Instead of this unproductive energy pattern, it can be supplanted w/ one that is -I’m where I didn’t think I would be- 5 years, 5 months, or 5 days ago!

Funny thing...it wasnt till I saw nh's response calling you miss mattie that I questioned your gender. I've never bothered to ever check your profile before and assumed you were male. How wrong I was!

Anyways....onto your post.

Are you saying what I'm thinking? that there is a criteria that some place upon a goal to reach?

Does it make a difference to look back and see how far we've come, or how different we are now? Does that constitute meeting a goal we set ourselves, or is it simply that we, like all else, shift & change over time? I apologise if my response is not very clear.
Old 23-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Master
BIG to nh and D
Old 23-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Master
I have an inflatable rubber duck...does that count?
Old 23-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Master
well i guess there's no amount of posts will alert nh...Cheers for the day/evening nh
Old 23-08-2011, 11:39 AM
mattie

Curiousity + Analytical Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Its funny Miss Mattie but whenever you drop by I feel a tad self conscious.....like I should have cleaned up the place a bit ( tucks dirty plates under sofa cushions)
If I can add to what you said I would rope in self doubt with curiousity as a catalyst for motivation for exploration. Curiousity is a different trait then the dry mental process of evaluation & judgement.

LOL on the dirty dishes. I’ve got plenty, literally & metaphorically.

Self doubt can also be addressed w/ TRUST. Trusting our self to handle whatever comes up in our journey in both physicality & nonphysicality. This trust isn’t a future event of trusting our self when we reach level abc-xyz, but trusting our self RIGHT NOW.

You’re right that the inquisitiveness of curiosity & analytical skills are different. This difference makes them quite useful for us in their separate ways & invaluable when combined. As we explore we do allot of sorting things out & being analytical is useful w/ this.

Some others on being analytical w/ spirituality are below. The Dalai Lama mentions our focused intent, another very valuable skill. Kenyon discusses the value of being analytical w/ needed discernment. Tyberonn (Jim Tipton) has practical advice w/ using our analytical skills, focused intent, & perseverance to do needed work on self.

The Dalai Lama On The Value Of Being Analytical With Spirituality

“In all areas of thought you need to be able to analyze, ... . These two capacities- to analyze and to remain focused- are essential ... . In all areas of spirituality you need both analysis and focus to achieve the states you are seeking. ... All these improvements are made in the mind by changing how you think, transforming your outlook through analysis and focus.”
“How To See YOURSELF As You Really Are”, pg. 87 - 89

“There are two types of meditation: one that involves analysis and another that involves just placing the mind single-pointedly on an object without any analysis. ... Some people think that meditation is merely a matter of not thinking much, but that is only one type ...!
Analytical meditation is crucial. It is not sufficient just to promise to transform your mind or to wish to do so; that alone will not succeed. To improve your mind, you need to think a lot about the reasons for doing so, coming to know them from the very depths of your mind, which will motivate strong aspirations and effort. ...

..., faith relies on conclusions that come from analysis. ... An analytical attitude is important at the beginning, middle, and even the end of the spiritual path, ... .

... Analysis and reflection lead to conviction, which in turn yields a strong commitment to change your outlook and attitude; then with familiarization, or meditation, your mind will gradually be transformed.

In this way intelligence is a prerequisite ... . By making full use of your intellect you can adjust and transform a wide range of emotions. By reasoning rather than just fixing your mind on a topic you form valid cognition, and through its force erroneous attitudes gradually unravel.”

“Becoming Enlightened”, pg. 31 - 34

Tom Kenon- “There are those who say that one should leave one’s sense of logic and rational thinking behind when entering into the spiritual realms of experience – that one must fully and completely surrender to faith and not let reason enter the picture. Personally, I think this type of thinking is dangerous. We need all our wits about us and all the intelligence we can muster if we are not to become deluded on our way to spiritual illumination. It is the true light of self-awareness that we seek, not the false luminosity of personal fantasy and desire.”

“The Great Shift- Co-creating A New World for 2012 And Beyond,” ISBN # 978-1-57863-457-6, pg. 115.

Tyberonn- “In order to Love Self as the Divine Being you are, simply use your mind in logical format. Review what no longer serves you as a stepping stone to your path of enlightenment...not as unworthiness. Then release these by intent and commitment.”

http://lightworkers.org/channeling/9...angel-metatron
Old 23-08-2011, 12:49 PM
mattie

It's How We See Goals That Is An Issue

[quote=NightSpirit] Funny thing...it wasnt till I saw nh's response calling you miss mattie that I questioned your gender. I've never bothered to ever check your profile before and assumed you were male. How wrong I was!

I’m definitely female. Mattie must be a very common male name or nickname elsewhere. I’ve had others consider it to be a male name as well. In my region (southern US) it would be assumed to be a female name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Are you saying what I'm thinking? that there is a criteria that some place upon a goal to reach?

Does it make a difference to look back and see how far we've come, or how different we are now? Does that constitute meeting a goal we set ourselves, or is it simply that we, like all else, shift & change over time? ...

There are different approaches in how we deal w/ our spiritual journey. Some favor just BEing & not delving into the journey’s particulars or goals. Some find delving into the journey’s nuances & having goals useful. Different approaches are valid for different types of people w/ the effective approach being what works for the individual.

Our spiritual journey continues for eternity. Continual expansion. Even when we reunite w/ the Universe in 12D (1-12D) we have the option to deconstruct our energies to experience a new, different creation scenario. There are ever unfolding goals or things we learn/experience. The more we learn, the more we find that we have to explore & learn. What we learn in 1&2D is just as valuable as the things we learn in the higher Ds.

We can have many goals about our spiritual growth. These goals aren’t set criteria as much as personal lessons we choose to learn/experience as humans or as an experience as a type of energy that is relevant to its dimensional level, like when we are a planetary energy in 9D. How we view us in relation to these goals is the key. If we view self as deficient until we reach a goal, then we miss the point that we should honor our existence during ALL of our journey. Equally important things are to be learned & experienced at every single point in our journey. Overly focusing on future goals to the point that we forget to find the JOY in celebrating our existence in the NOW isn’t productive. When we fully respect our self we find this growth comes very easily.

If we see our current goals as a natural continuum of goals we have for eternity as we continually explore the Universe, this is likely OK. If, however, we have a negatively oriented check list showing we haven’t achieved spiritual goals abc-xyz, seeing our self as lesser because we haven’t accomplished these goals then this isn’t productive.

For some appreciating their progress can be useful while for others this isn’t an issue. Appreciating progress can be very productive for those who are still in the negative mindset, not thinking they have made any progress.
Old 23-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
I have an inflatable rubber duck...does that count?

Only if you share!
Old 23-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Docha

Lol mattie, even in the u.s. the name is usually a short form of endearment for matthew. But I know some maddelines with the same nick as well. That would be the confusion.

I'm learning to glance at profiles, as there are a few different people I pegged wrong. Its funny that this site is the only one I have issues with that on.

I love the referances you gave. As I always felt thinking things through with common sense or logic was a must. Its so easy to get lost in spirituality if you dissmiss it. Thank youfor sharing.
Old 23-08-2011, 06:32 PM
3dnow

Our life purpose is to learn to use our body.

This includes the brain.

3d