Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Lust for Life (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20752)

not human 15-08-2011 02:16 AM

Lust for Life

I have seen a few threads around discussing the purpose of life or your goals in this life & wished to stir my thoughts into the mix.

Why ???....... Why would we diminish this wondrous experience we have been given down to having to justify our role in it. Life is happening all around us & all we can do is ask why......well why dance or sing, why fall in love.

Surely this question must come from the depths of unconsciousness because being conscious of life voids the asking.

The purpose of singing is not to get to the end of the song ....the purpose IS the singing. Hell I am not here to help people or make the world a better place that will naturally come as a result of me being conscious of life.

Someone close to me asked me my passion in life recently, all I can do is throw my hands up in the air....my passion is THIS...( waves hands around indicating everything )

Am I alone in feeling this way........

Topology 15-08-2011 03:43 AM

*puts arm around not human* no, you are not alone. :D

psychoslice 15-08-2011 04:02 AM

Hi Not Human, i had a laugh reading what you said, its so true, and I have to admit that I feel sorry for those who think there needs to be something in life to make them happy, my god!, why don't they just look around them, or just take a look at the sun rising, but see it for the very first time without conditioning coming in between what they see and their mind. Its like those who have come close to death, they usually see life a lot diffident afterwards, why is that ?.

not human 15-08-2011 04:05 AM

OK thats 4 of us counting Top's beard :hug3:

TzuJanLi 15-08-2011 04:08 AM

Greetings..

The 'reason' is as you have stated.. the Lust for Life, the unconditional sincerity of living Life with fearless gusto.. "aye, mates, sail into the wind, surely we'll catch the horizon by nightfall".. i sense i would have enjoyed the company of Don Quixote, just as much as Don Juan Matus.. i live for finding The Great Mystery with no regrets for the journey getting there..

Be well..

psychoslice 15-08-2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not human
OK thats 4 of us counting Top's beard :hug3:

No, its five of us, counting Michelle in my Avatar, as I know she would agree also lol.:smile:

not human 15-08-2011 04:11 AM

,,,,and then with Tzu on board .....there was six ....dang theres hope for humanity yet :wav:

Squatchit 15-08-2011 09:26 AM

The rest of my poker chips are going into the middle.

I'm all-in. :smile:

not human 15-08-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
The rest of my poker chips are going into the middle.

I'm all-in. :smile:

And then there were seven........

sound 15-08-2011 09:38 AM

Hold on ... dont shut the gate! ... :hug3: