Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
What are really big experiences? I'm certainly having trouble defining such in terms of reality as if everyone had the same experience which we do not.

This is the crux of the problem. We tend to think in scientific terms of everyone and every time. You know, there are far too many isolated examples in history not to say something is obviously possible. Even the OP is an isolated example imo. In experience when it occurs, the person has no doubt of it and one tends to incorporate them (the experience ) into life I've found.

People throughout history tell us of their observation and certainly others seem to confirm something happens possibly even achieving the same experience. Such experiencing is obtained by those who peruse it.
Old 24-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Master
Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

I think this gets to the heart of the matter because despite what you may have experienced personally and no matter what the specifics of it you and I and everyone of us is back into an everyday life and it seems to me that how that experience colours and reminds you within moments is of significance.

I know I could chase specifics here and be understood to some degree but this place is what it is and it isn't everyday where I might be driving my car or walking along a beach or even buying bread at a bakery and so, for me, this is what I hope 'that' experience is colouring in some way so that maybe others around me can feel on the edges of an interactivity that this sense of what possibility is and even possibly more so how we sit around that possibility as it sits in this actual world.

I find most often it is when people ask me what I want or how can they help that the memory of 'it' sits within me the most, or surfaces, as I simply find such questions somewhat funny and somehow beside the point and I often find myself just grinning... not for too long but it often seems it's long enough to almost sprinkle a little of it into the world.

It's not a conscious 'thing' so much as a memory that sits closer than most and almost as if the opposite is the most likely circumstance to bring it forth.

So much of the time I can't even say anything in response but just smile because it makes me happy.
Old 25-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I bet this group would love the book "The Everything and the Nothing".
Compiled by others from Meher Baba's discourses....
He sure said a lot on that chalk board! I think he was silent for decades!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Double post...not to waste space...haha

The thing is about being nothing...is the paradoxical flipside ...

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
I often heard the term "nothingness" from different philosophers and spiritual teachers, primarily Alan Watts... but I never really experienced what it felt like to be nothingness itself. Yesterday night as I was laying down meditating, I entered a vast realm of pure being. Nothingness. You could say it's a state of "no mind."

I have practiced and practiced meditation in my daily routines. Basically, knowing consciously not to identify with the mind.

The state of nothingness is the most spiritual state there could be in my opinion. How much deeper could you go then being clean and at peace with yourself? We truly are connected with everything. And if I am nothingness, so is everything else. Everything you see or hear or touch, ultimately has the same meaning. It just is. Nothing is trying to deliver a message for you to hear. You are the message.

Once you have broken through the constraints of identifying with the mind, you are free. You are the non-dual self.

Timeless - Not sure if I'm following your train of thought exactly. I understand the state of nothingness in sitting in the silence and letting all thought processes and feelings go during meditation. Perhaps carrying that state into the day after meditation, one could continue in, like you say, being truly connected with everything. I'm not a guru and so for me that is difficult to do.

On an level whereas nothingness is a comparison to being less than our creator (someone made reference to that), I don't think I would ever teach my child he is nothingness. That's not to say I haven't tried to teach him meditation.
Old 25-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Master

May I ask if this is what the OP means from those who experience deep meditation.

What is described is the experience as sensory input based on your minds eye and logic, what you saw was nothing. It is what one can see. Absolute nothing, complete emptiness. You describe the environment you were in. Nothing but total darkness. So nothing is what you saw, absolutely nothing.

I can describe it no other way then what mind saw since every thing is in the mind. It is still input. Keeping in mind the mind sees what the senses observe. The senses make and create reality.

Thanks
Old 25-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
I often heard the term "nothingness" from different philosophers and spiritual teachers, primarily Alan Watts... but I never really experienced what it felt like to be nothingness itself. Yesterday night as I was laying down meditating, I entered a vast realm of pure being. Nothingness. You could say it's a state of "no mind."

I have practiced and practiced meditation in my daily routines. Basically, knowing consciously not to identify with the mind.

The state of nothingness is the most spiritual state there could be in my opinion. How much deeper could you go then being clean and at peace with yourself? We truly are connected with everything. And if I am nothingness, so is everything else. Everything you see or hear or touch, ultimately has the same meaning. It just is. Nothing is trying to deliver a message for you to hear. You are the message.

Once you have broken through the constraints of identifying with the mind, you are free. You are the non-dual self.

Beautiful :) Well said.

I would only add to this: that Nothingness is the blank canvas waiting for creation to take place upon it.
Old 26-09-2015, 01:31 AM
Came across this...

Fear not to be nothing that thou mayst be all.

Sri Aurobindo

Old 26-09-2015, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Came across this...

Fear not to be nothing that thou mayst be all.

Sri Aurobindo

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Guide
Timeless,
Well done.
Now well on the way.
In pure light and truth.
krishna.