Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-09-2013, 06:26 PM
somnium

Thank you livingkarma, I am glad to have helped!
Old 29-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium
It isn't my intention to state that everyone has issues with large egos, and self-importance. Most people however do. There are some who have small egos, and naturally do not spend an excess amount of energy in this area. I don't assume everyone needs to do the work i point out, but in my experience most could use the extra energy.

There are 7 billion people in the world...from a multitude of diverse cultures and experiences. What is 'most' in that context?

You may think that I'm being pernickety, you're talking about a 'way' that has many books written about it, and lots of followers. So lots of people will resonate with what you are saying here.

Why I'm challenging it, is because it can go further than what you're sharing at the moment. Livingkarma writes...

Quote:
All we can do is share our experience(s) & wisdom to offer it up to the takers ...

But when you share your experiences in terms of 'most people' it is a narrow view in the bigger picture of life on earth. And people can limit themselves in this way.

If you are sharing your own experiences, then you can show that by saying 'I'. But to recognise that there are 7 billion people with different experiences out there, opens your eyes to 7 billion different ways of seeing life. And that is truly amazing.
Old 29-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Neville

Quote:
But when you share your experiences in terms of 'most people' it is a narrow view in the bigger picture of life on earth. And people can limit themselves in this way.

It adds a sentence to the paragraph, the paragraph lends itself to the chapter, and before long we have a novel. We can't shut a person down for contributing. They may well believe that their personal experience is true for most, but I suspect that to be a mechanism built in to help a person identify with others.

We have two choices... This is just happening to me, as I am me stuck in this body, this life.

Or... We are all stuck in these bodies living these lives and all of us face challenges of one sort or another.

Are we alone ? Or are we unified by all being in this particular aspect of creation?
Old 29-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
It adds a sentence to the paragraph, the paragraph lends itself to the chapter, and before long we have a novel. We can't shut a person down for contributing.

I'm not sure who is shutting who down? Could you explain your opinion further please.
Old 29-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
Here, here... I agree, Neville.

Blind men and elephants, gotta share what you've got to create a whole picture.

Old 29-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Neville

Quote:
I'm not sure who is shutting who down? Could you explain your opinion further please.

I read and interpreted your passage as :

Quote:

In expressing a broader view as we perceive it to be ,may in fact be presenting a narrow view. A bit of an oxymoron , I concede.
Old 29-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I read and interpreted your passage as :

In expressing a broader view as we perceive it to be ,may in fact be presenting a narrow view. A bit of an oxymoron , I concede.

I think the editing you have made to your previous post makes a little more sense.
Old 29-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Neville

Quote:
I think the editing you have made to your previous post makes a little more sense.

I am grateful, I am not by any means at my most lucid at the moment . I say this because my response to you is in itself a monumental oxymoron in so far as it appears to me that we are each all on our own in this together...
Old 29-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Nada

‘Silent knowledge can be accessed by anyone.’ This statement is true since the access is not restrictive.

However, some have more ability to tap into it than others. It is not any different than other brain functions. Some of us have higher capacities than others.

Ego has nothing to do with it. Ego does not make the access to the silent knowledge more easier or difficult.
It is knowledge just like anything else. Ego or no ego.

Just look around, there are many who possess the silent knowledge with their giant ego. Often their ego is the very reason why they even ventured into the silent knowledge field. They use their silent knowledge for their own gain based on ego.

Traditionally, the silent knowledge often was passed down through a family lineage. If you grandmother was a shaman, more likely you would inherit that knowledge through family practice. If your family was dabbling in and around druidism, well, you became a druid too.

It is just like any other knowledge. Some can be powerful tool but some are just as useless as any other factoids.
Well versed in silent knowledge, whichever it happens to be, does not make anyone to become more wiser or enlightened.

I have a friend who reads Akashic records and she offered to teach me this knowledge/skill. I have dabbled with various new age tools and knowledge for many years. So, it will be interesting to learn but I am still not clear about the purpose of such tool. Nonetheless, I probably will take her offer when I have more time, after I am done with my program. Well, we will see if my perception changes later on.

Truthfully, if our souls really want us to possess that kind of silent knowledge, we would already have them as open knowledge and it would not be so silent.
Old 29-09-2013, 10:34 PM
somnium

It is about the amount of energy we have and the focus of our attention that gets in the way of silent knowledge and seeing energy directly. One who spends enormous amounts of energy defending themselves, and bolstering their ego, has less attention to focus on things like expanding awareness. Again one who thinks they know everything has energy blockages preventing them from learning something that may be against what their ego is presenting to them. People who already know everything spend their time reinforcing what they think they know. This spends attention and focus, time and ultimately energy reserves in the process. Like i said a cluttered mind can not so easily listen to the silent knowledge, since it is cluttered with trivial data.