Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 AM
niki74

Thank you LS for the clarification...it does make sense. I will try it today and see how I go (well I supposed that I need to try it everyday )...but I tell you..its really hard not to react to what I am feeling from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_Soul
Sorry Hun will try and explain - I can only speak from my experience...

When all this started happening I was absolutely in reaction mode - like a leaf being blown around in a storm...

Through healing and clearing the c&@p basically I then started getting clarity on what thoughts were driving my emotional reaction...

So now when I feel the emotion I observe it I instantly look at the thought behind it - what has provoked the emotional response? I let the thought go and replace it with faith - that stops the emotional reaction in its track....

You feel it, recognize it...replace it and let it go....breathing while you do it.

That is one reason why I try not to let myself get tired or hungover as it makes it more difficult to do this and I fall back to being the leaf being blown around in a storm again...

I'm not saying don't feel the emotion - I'm saying don't feed the negative thought that is intensifying it...

Does this help?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Lol the face truly describes the feeling of standing on the edge of the precipice and sometimes all you have left is blind faith

Oh yeah, that little face and I know each other well! Occasionally even your blind faith escapes from you.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Loving_Soul

I once used an anology for someone here that may help as I am a visual person I needed to visualize this process so...

When I feel an emotional reaction beginning to run away with me I pause...see it as a colored energy (whatever color you see is ok)...I breathe it in....recognising it...breathe it down to my heart chakra....surround it with love (I use blue) and visualize the blue moving throughout my body I release it back out on the out breathe as love...

I keep doing this until I have replaced the emotion with love :)
Old 07-05-2012, 04:23 AM
niki74

I like this LS!! I am a very visual person too... worth giving it a try!! Thank you...

Quote:
I once used an anology for someone here that may help as I am a visual person I needed to visualize this process so...

When I feel an emotional reaction beginning to run away with me I pause...see it as a colored energy (whatever color you see is ok)...I breathe it in....recognising it...breathe it down to my heart chakra....surround it with love (I use blue) and visualize the blue moving throughout my body I release it back out on the out breathe as love...

I keep doing this until I have replaced the emotion with love :)
Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki74
I like this LS!! I am a very visual person too... worth giving it a try!! Thank you...

Nice :)

It doesn't mean you have to avoid the emotion Hun as sometimes the emotion is there as a warning signal for somewhere we need to go deeper within - but it helps to have a way of controlling how overwhelming the emotion becomes so you can find clarity amongst it all
Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
niki74 my advice to you to help you feel better...is just to ASK to feel better. Many of us live by the 'if you ask, you shall receive' method. There are angels/spirit guides/ptb's (whatever you want to call them) that are with you to help you along your path. They literally wait for you to call upon them. And most times, if your request is not in violation of your life path, you will get the peace you ask for. Just remember that your guides are not a cosmic vending machine and be reasonable with your requests. They will be answered.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Ascender

Niki, you got some wonderful advice. I just wanted to add one thing that has helped me a huge deal. I've been following Jeff Foster for a while (lifewithoutacentre.com) and discovered that he found the words and metaphors of truths that I had discovered on my own, but hearing his words really helped me connect to the truth at a deeper level.
He uses the ocean and waves as a metaphor which I think is powerful. When the waves appear (as your emotions, anxiety, impatience, longing, fear, etc.), they come and go, yet the waves are only occurring at the surface of the ocean. The ocean at depth is calm and peaceful and doesn't get affected by the storm above. Yet the waves are all allowed in, there is no point in the ocean trying to resist the waves since they will form anyways, they are part of the ocean, and the ocean is the waves.
This metaphor has helped me to realize that the emotions that I feel are not ME, there is more to me than just emotions. Deep inside I have found a sense of peace now, so when I go through painful experiences (eg Saturday, when I let my horses go), I cry and cry until I have run out of tears. While I'm crying and connecting to the pain I feel, I know that this is already accepted into life, pain is part of life, so there is no need in resisting it. Pain is just like joy, and joy wouldn't exist without pain, so I embrace the pain now, knowing I can learn from it.
At the same time while I'm feeling this huge pain, I feel deep down that it doesn't affect the true essence of "me", which is source, love, God, whatever you want to call it. My true essence will always be there, always at peace, always in love, and I can feel this now. I can't even tell you how much of a relief this has been when dealing with the separation from my TF. I have found so much strength inside of me, so much love and peace that I didn't even know was possible before!
Once you can realize that the pain isn't YOU, you can "just" sit back, observe it and realize that it is just an emotion you had come up, like a wave in the ocean. It will disappear again the same way that it came, and it won't take any of the essence of you away. That essence stays the same, unaffected, at peace, calm, in love, unshaken by the biggest storms! Only then will you know that you are complete, that you do not need anyone else to make you happy or to bring you joy. The joy is already within you, and it's always there, even when you are connecting to pain.

Sending you peace and love!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Sorry Hun will try and explain - I can only speak from my experience...

When all this started happening I was absolutely in reaction mode - like a leaf being blown around in a storm...

That is one reason why I try not to let myself get tired or hungover as it makes it more difficult to do this and I fall back to being the leaf being blown around in a storm again...

LS, we ARE connected! My TF used to ask me quite often whether we were the wind/storm or the leaf.

I felt my TF's soul essence inside of me when I read your words... so many beautiful memories, so much wisdom.

I honestly think we are both, the wind and the leaf, like the ocean and the wave. So the leaf can get blown around in a storm, but the forest in its centre is still and calm.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
All is calm.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
soul whisperer

oops..now this IS wierd..I was writing something for another thread and it came up on this thread...what the...???? reposting this where it should be...sorry folks..

edit: oops..got a little confused here...all is well lol! just hadn't read the whole thread..answering to LS's OP and didn't realize there was more discussion! goodness...must be the full moon LOL!