Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Wow, gypsymystique you are the second one - not married and twin not either ! It is possible then.

This must be quite a lot to sift thru ~

Thank you for sharing your lessons also

blessings,
Dream Angel xx
I should have made this clear as well, neither I or TF is married, or committed to another.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Amazing, another one ! Ok, Eric, so this moves you to the top of the list, if there were such a list and this helps to explain why you commented about my comments about Twin flames being married to someone else. Thank you for sharing.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Master

Dream Angel,

I think it might be prudent to consider that there are many factors in decisions to get married that may not have anything to do with feeling in love or the notion of finding "the one." ALOT of people get married because they think they should, they think it's time, somebody else has expectations they project onto the person, they are settling for someone they shouldn't or a variety of other reasons. Sometimes, people flat out get married and grow apart. It's not a black and white thing, as much as we'd like it to be.

Relationship experts tell us not to have a laundry list of what we want in a mate. They encourage giving everybody a chance. Well, if we accept that advice and decide that holding out for this image of the twin flame we may have in our heads is frivolous and unrealistic, guess what? We might indeed find ourselves marrying someone to be "less picky" and more realistic, and then find the twin flame we were holding out for to begin with.

I don't know the odds on the above scenario, but I am sure it happens. People have told me crazy things about the way I conduct my life and how I should do it differently. My mother basically told me to pick a guy at random and "make it work" once. (And she was serious at the time....)

It's just not always as simple as people want to make it out to be.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
It does not matter at all the name you give it. It is the encounter of two spirits many times, in many lives to grow together in unconditional love.

Even though in some of the lives their relationship can be difficult, which third persons involved, for example...all this also means to learn when to go ahead and when to let it go, knowing that it will not be for ever.

You do not seek such kind of relationship, it just happens, without anxiety, naturally. Your intuition and free will makes you take the opportunity to taste in this current life the flavour of true unconditional love. It is important, however, to feel all this with a sense of eternity...if did not happen now, it could happen tomorrow, or in the next life... The reality is that human beings are usually very stuck on this current life as if it were the only one to live, therefore we want things here and now, but this issue has to be considered in the long range...

If you had the blessing of finding your beloved in this life, you learn lots of things for development of both spirits. First, you learn about the eternity of love, where our current life is just a second. You truly feel it when you look at your beloved's eyes.

Then, you learn many things inherent to the relationship itself. You learn to play in the sandbox of unconditional love...it means always put the other being first than yourself...if they are ill, you will want and pray to be in their place; you will seek to do everything to make the other being happy, even in the smallest things, with small details. All this means to definitely forget your ego...

As they spiritually grow together, they join efforts to make good to others as if the unconditional love irradiated everything around, and they feel a true happiness for it.

When one of them passes, oh... it is the toughest learning, and maybe...the most important... as it truly empowers your spiritual development. When one of them passes, you have to learn to physically live without your beloved, and to find they are with you in a very different way... and also you need to keep alive all the beautiful things that such unconditional love inspired in your soul, in order to project your light...

You need to learn how to transmute all that love you felt together to pour it over other beings around you; you need to learn acceptance of the separation but also acceptance of everything to come, that is synonym of remembering that this life is only a blink of the eternity.

Finally you need to learn faith, such faith you need to be convinced that your beloved will be at the end of the road, waiting for you...

With love,
TISS
That's really beautiful Tiss.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
Dream Angel,

I think it might be prudent to consider that there are many factors in decisions to get married that may not have anything to do with feeling in love or the notion of finding "the one." ALOT of people get married because they think they should, they think it's time, somebody else has expectations they project onto the person, they are settling for someone they shouldn't or a variety of other reasons. Sometimes, people flat out get married and grow apart. It's not a black and white thing, as much as we'd like it to be.

Relationship experts tell us not to have a laundry list of what we want in a mate. They encourage giving everybody a chance. Well, if we accept that advice and decide that holding out for this image of the twin flame we may have in our heads is frivolous and unrealistic, guess what? We might indeed find ourselves marrying someone to be "less picky" and more realistic, and then find the twin flame we were holding out for to begin with.

I don't know the odds on the above scenario, but I am sure it happens. People have told me crazy things about the way I conduct my life and how I should do it differently. My mother basically told me to pick a guy at random and "make it work" once. (And she was serious at the time....)

It's just not always as simple as people want to make it out to be.

agreed, cant count the times my mum said, surely one of these guys you meet will work out, you can grow to love them, they stopped bothering a few years ago, even they want it to work out with tf despite their skeptisiscm as he's the only one i ever told them about! loool
Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Gypsymystique,

I do understand there are many reasons to get married and many reasons some marriages don't work. This really isn't what's in question. Now that I know there do exist some Twin flames who aren't married to someone else... this changes things a bit.

But isn't it basically an attraction to someone else ? Talking very basic here and yes, I know there is so much more to it. So if someone, say for example, who is married is attracted to someone else, married or not .... shouldn't there be some kind of consideration for the marriage and not just ... " hey, I found my twin flame, see you later ? " There are other ways to learn, patience, trust etc... these can be learned without the help of a twin flame.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDraven
That's really beautiful Tiss.

Dear EricDraven,

After many many years together, the pain is so huge that it turns almost impossible to go ahead... then it gets a little bit better. For some unknown reason, I do not live it as a karmic suffering, it is very different...you accept it as a part of a natural process...

BTW, I am not used to share these thoughts very much outside SF, as very few people understand what I mean.

TISS
Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Tiss for sharing your personal insights.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, I have a question for the Twin Flames/ Soulmates ....

What are the lessons that you learn ?

( from this supposedly so important relationship that usually only causes pain and heartache, and rare moments of bliss, because the other person involved is usually married to someone else or living in another part of the world ? )

People are always talking about the lessons one can learn, the growing, etc,.... however, in any of the threads I have read, no one ever mentions what these lessons are, would be interesting to hear a few of them.

Dream Angel xx

Maybe some folks have learned the lesson that their is no lesson...

But seriously folks, I had one off the map "soul mate" experience years ago. And the lesson I learned is that reality and experience is what you perceive it to be. All of the odd happenings and strange "soul mate" happenings were the result of the power of my own thoughts upon the circumstances. Once I realized this and took control of my own mind, the happenings ceased almost immediately. And I saw the relationship for what it was, (because it was filled with much turmoil and I sucked it up and believed it to be a true soul mate experience.) And so I exited the relationship and was the better for it.

We are the master's of our own destiny... And our thoughts are the blueprints of our lives.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Gypsymystique,

But isn't it basically an attraction to someone else ? Talking very basic here and yes, I know there is so much more to it. So if someone, say for example, who is married is attracted to someone else, married or not .... shouldn't there be some kind of consideration for the marriage and not just ... " hey, I found my twin flame, see you later ? " There are other ways to learn, patience, trust etc... these can be learned without the help of a twin flame.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Most people I've spoken with who were married and met their twins just feel sad about the situation and are actually committed to the marriages. It's weird to feel really close to someone who is not your spouse. (At least, they seem to express that).

I would think that if someone met a true twin while married and recognized the work needed to come first (which is the essence of the twin flame relationship), then they would go toward the work. This would include contact with the twin. It wouldn't necessarily require ending the marriage or having an inappropriate relationship with the twin.

Also, I've heard of spouses telling the other to go be with the twin and talk. They see that the pull is there.