Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Claiming to be nothingness is to not claim anything, thus no expectation, no pressure and no stress.

You're still claiming to be something. Even nothingness is something.

Quote:
There are no layers, they're illusions. Illusions upon illusions upon illusions, lies upon lies upon lies.

Even if its lies upon lies, illusions upon illusions, its still layers upon layers.
Old 24-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I've had a few experiences in life that i couldn't put into words. I also know how easy it is for the ego to cling to certain experiences and make them much bigger than what they really are.
It's the ego's experience isn't it? Is it wrong to say "I love the smell of flowers"? What are really big experiences? I'm certainly having trouble defining such in terms of reality as if everyone had the same experience which we do not.
Quote:
You're still claiming to be something. Even nothingness is something.

Even if its lies upon lies, illusions upon illusions, its still layers upon layers.
If you have a box with nothing in it, would you still say there's something in it? If there's nothing in your mind would you still claim there's something? As far as I know nothing is the absence of anything.

I see how this is happening. There's layers upon layers for you, but not for me. I removed the layers until nothing was left, yours are still there so you don't know how it is to not have them there. Please remove the layers to fully comprehend this discussion.
Old 24-09-2015, 04:28 AM
Master
Quote:
It's the ego's experience isn't it? Is it wrong to say "I love the smell of flowers"? What are really big experiences? I'm certainly having trouble defining such in terms of reality as if everyone had the same experience which we do not.

I think you're making my words more complicated than what it was intended to be. Nevered mentioned anything about the smell of flowers or why it would be wrong to say that. Never mentioned about everyone having the same experiences so i don't know where that came from. Never mentioned big experiences but rather about making experiences bigger. I'll rephrase what i've stated: "Its easy to experience certain things in life (or meditation for that matter) and let it get to your head." I'm not sure if i can simplify it any further.
Quote:
If you have a box with nothing in it, would you still say there's something in it? If there's nothing in your mind would you still claim there's something? As far as I know nothing is the absence of anything.

I absolutely agree with you. But that's not my point. My point is if there is still something in the box and you call it nothing, its still something. There must be something inside that box calling itself nothing.

Quote:
I see how this is happening. There's layers upon layers for you, but not for me. I removed the layers until nothing was left, yours are still there so you don't know how it is to not have them there.

lol yes of course i have plenty of layers. But that's not the point i was trying to make. You mentioned lies upon lies, illusions upon illusions, which is still layers upon layers. Layers of lies, layers of illusions. Do you see?

Quote:
Please remove the layers to fully comprehend this discussion.

lol No way, i enjoy my layers so why should i remove them just to partake in a silly discussion. This is fun for me yet serious for you .
Old 24-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Knower
Nothingness

Quote:
I'm often skeptical of those who say such things like "I am nothingness." Even to say that is to still believe you are something. I don't see much of a difference between those who say they are God or those who say they are nothing.

Layers upon layers upon layers......upon more layers.

The word "nothingness" is in fact something, yes. But, to have a revelation that you are nothingness is transcending the ego/mind. This is more of a personal awakening than anything because we all have different images of ourselves, and to finally see past it is freedom. We no longer identify with the mind. This is not just a bunch of made up stuff...it's actual experience. And "nothing" or "no-thing" means that you aren't any certain thing in particular, you just are. We can describe it as presence, being, energy, etc. But in this case to be in a state of nothingness means that you no longer in conflict with your own mind. No longer have to align with any image at all. Nothing!
Old 24-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
The word "nothingness" is in fact something, yes. But, to have a revelation that you are nothingness is transcending the ego/mind. This is more of a personal awakening than anything because we all have different images of ourselves, and to finally see past it is freedom. We no longer identify with the mind. This is not just a bunch of made up stuff...it's actual experience. And "nothing" or "no-thing" means that you aren't any certain thing in particular, you just are. We can describe it as presence, being, energy, etc. But in this case to be in a state of nothingness means that you no longer in conflict with your own mind. No longer have to align with any image at all. Nothing!

Thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view further. Nothing personal i'm just skeptical when people make such claims because i know how easy it is to fall victim to our own deceptions.
Old 24-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view further. Nothing personal i'm just skeptical when people make such claims because i know how easy it is to fall victim to our own deceptions.

As always it was about you..so why bring others into your own deceptions when another is talking about their own view...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
As always it was about you

That's the way it is with everyone. Everyone speaks from their own personal experience in relations to this thread. That's what makes a thread interesting. Or do you think people speak from other peoples experience without experiencing themselves?

Quote:
so why bring others into your own deceptions when another is talking about their own view

But isn't that what you're doing with that question? Lies upon lies, illusions upon illusions. The smarter we are, the smarter the lies. I'm not bringing anyone anywhere but rather questioning where they are. Good night.
Old 24-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
That's the way it is with everyone. Everyone speaks from their own personal experience in relations to this thread. That's what makes a thread interesting. Or do you think people speak from other peoples experience without experiencing themselves?

But isn't that what you're doing with that question? Lies upon lies, illusions upon illusions. The smarter we are, the smarter the lies. I'm not bringing anyone anywhere but rather questioning where they are. Good night.

Its good you have it all covered then.

Goodnight, your probably asleep already.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Master
Nothing is in relation to something.....always.
The I claiming to be nothing is the I AM.
I personally find it best to stop there in regards to making claims for I.
I am...............

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 24-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Master
One cannot even claim to be something because something is in relation to nothing lol
There is no yin without yang.
So everything is in flux and relative, therefore always changing and this leaves nothing to grab a hold off to claim. It immediately slips thru your fingers. In fact the one you imagine it is slipping thru, is also of this nature and therefore is in a state of flux and relative.

It's a beautiful thing to grasp.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness