Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
This is an argument I could never buy. If God really is everything, then according to the above logic, you can't experience anything at all. Does one need to experience not-time to know what time is? Does one need to experience not monkey to know what a monkey is? Does one need to experience not-carpet to know what carpet is? This whole thing vs. not-thing is duality trying to impose where it doesn't belong.

It's a question of defining terms or working out what abstract nouns signify to us individually. I can't buy the basic argument anyway. Everything in the universe is love? Not by my definition it isn't. Everything in the universe that we can discern IS, and what I can discern is likely different from what anyone else can discern. I long ago tired of the word "love". It means many things to many people.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's a question of defining terms or working out what abstract nouns signify to us individually. I can't buy the basic argument anyway. Everything in the universe is love? Not by my definition it isn't. Everything in the universe that we can discern IS, and what I can discern is likely different from what anyone else can discern. I long ago tired of the word "love". It means many things to many people.

Yes this is right, my understanding of love is more abstract than what most would understand. It's all down to which words we choose to express ourselves at the end of the day.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Yes transcending can feel detached and less feeling/ less caring/ less of what their perceptions of love *should be*, but in fact it gets very simple in the greater expanse of love in you. As strange as it is to speak of universal in terms of size and capacity, in being it, its quite simple and very empowering. Those who connect will feel it, those that don't will challenge you as having a problem, those who are curious will feel their way with interest...*It knows itself*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus
I'm not accusing you of being cold or alien or distant, trust me I used to be on the same page. Although I don't think chakras necessarily open in a certain order, and I don't think stillness is superior to love...

Also I think the observer and observed are just different levels of the same truth/reality. It's like the saying "as above so below" except what's below takes on a subjective form... I'll have to come back to this and write more later since I don't have time right now but really do find it interesting

What's weird, is that I went from dissociation and repression, to being filled up with divine love, to an integrated non-attached state. Apart from when my heart was opening (no they don't always open up in a certain order but the crown is higher vibrationally), I don't feel any different to the way I was before. Only that I feel clean and empty psychologically.

I guess part of me thinks.. I don't know.. it's too simple? Lol. Yes it's very empowering.. and it feels so natural. But I think.. connecting to people is much harder. How is that? You're connected to everyone in the universe and you know that by experience and yet the way you see people and relate to them completely changes.. it's no longer about needs.. it's just about being. And as simple as that actually is, it's like trying to put a cylinder through a square shaped template, lol. It doesn't work when you try to make a connection. Because there is no connection really to make. It's already there. It's just one of those paradoxes that takes time to get used I think. Being aware of yourself as divine love and yet being detached and indifferent.. mmm.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden

What's weird, is that I went from dissociation and repression, to being filled up with divine love, to an integrated non-attached state. Apart from when my heart was opening (no they don't always open up in a certain order but the crown is higher vibrationally), I don't feel any different to the way I was before. Only that I feel clean and empty psychologically.

I guess part of me thinks.. I don't know.. it's too simple? Lol.
Yes it's very empowering.. and it feels so natural. But I think.. connecting to people is much harder. How is that? You're connected to everyone in the universe and you know that by experience and yet the way you see people and relate to them completely changes.. it's no longer about needs.. it's just about being. And as simple as that actually is, it's like trying to put a cylinder through a square shaped template, lol. It doesn't work when you try to make a connection. Because there is no connection really to make. It's already there. It's just one of those paradoxes that takes time to get used I think. Being aware of yourself as divine love and yet being detached and indifferent.. mmm.

The connecting is only hard if you perceive love is hard in this way. That connection is about you too. It may no longer be about needs in the old way of love but it becomes more about the love itself and how that is shared in the new way of being you.
To know the simplicity of love, you learn to know its depth, in every way of you being that love.
For every angle of love you once knew, their is as many angles to the new way of loving and being that love.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Being aware of yourself as divine love or just love. Love moves itself where you move and how you move. So in your greater expanse of love deepening in this awareness of love now, you learn to deepen it in you and with that it changes the external view. You accept and love people as they are, wherever they are, even if they cannot feel it and need you to say it. Being and sharing YOU as you are in any way you are, may not require you to speak in the old ways of love, but in new ways awakening through your entire sensory connection to love.

Yes, you're so right. There's no need to say it really, because I know everything I am and do is an expression of love.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:36 PM
silent whisper

[quote=ScarlettHayden]Yes, you're so right. There's no need to say it really, because I know everything I am and do is an expression of love.[/QUOTE

Sometimes people need to hear it, sometimes people need a hug, sometimes in your own discernment you know exactly what is needed in the whole space of that love as one.

Like my teen son today, he has had many late nights, due back at school today and cant get out of bed, the compassionate love in me can understand what he is feeling today, but the more practical love in me knows if I don't take action and motivate him into moving, he will give up.

So I very lovingly took all his blankets to help him along...lol

He doesn't see this as very loving, but in the whole of his love I see it as very loving...in something he is yet to see for himself...
Old 05-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
A member here wrote this to me once, and it's stuck in my mind ever since.

Everything in the universe is love.. but once you experience yourself as love, you can no longer feel it? Because separation is needed to experience 'not love', so that we know what 'love' actually is. But once the illusion of separation is gone then there is no way to feel it anymore, because you remembered you are it. You can't taste the candy once you remember you're it.

Anyone ever feel this way? I just feel so neutral half the time.. it makes me wonder how I'm even spiritually awake sometimes. I know love is the most important thing in the universe.. I know I am that love and yet.. when it comes to feeling it, especially in the context of romantic relationships, I feel nothing. To add some irony, I'm still as cynical about romantic love as I ever used to be.

So anyway, this results in me upsetting a lot of people (family members, soul connections, ect) who I do love, because I can't genuinely say things like "I love you", "I miss you", ect, because I don't actually feel it. It just 'is'. And if I feel it, I know it's just due to an illusion of separation I'm still holding, so I let it pass and don't pay it much attention, hence the always feeling neutral. I see feelings as illusions and so.. I can't blind myself with falsities. I don't know if this makes any sense.. does anyone get what I mean?

Scarlett, you sound perfectly normal to me I can relate to a lot of what you say. You don't resonate with much of the drama you see around you. And there is always the ebb and flow in any new space within yourself...though my experience is your normal affect returns over time, as you become accustomed to where you find yourself.

Once we become attuned to authentic love in all relationships (family, friends, partners, community, etc), much of what others call love may not resonate so much with you. By authentic love, I mean love which actively wills and seeks the good of the other, and for no other reason but their good, pure and simple. This is expressed according to what is appropriate in a given setting and relationship but kindness and compassion are key aspects. It is also called unconditional love and it's not some unattainable abstract ideal...it's where many are at and where many more are coming to be.

It is, I'll grant you, exceedingly hard to reconcile many modern, primarily utilitarian casual and/or sexual relationships with authentic love. A utilitarian ethic or perspective (primarily focused on mutually gratifying physical and/or ego needs) is essentially at odds with the human being as an integral whole. Because the human being can never be a means to an end but rather is always an end unto him or herself.

I agree it's not easy to endure the drama of family & others who are not on the same page and who also cannot really see your perspective...though compassion generally usually comes to the fore. I try my best to kerb my tongue as well and I am usually sucessful but not always hahaha!

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-10-2014, 10:21 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Scarlett, you sound perfectly normal to me I can relate to a lot of what you say. You don't resonate with much of the drama you see around you. And there is always the ebb and flow in any new space within yourself...though my experience is your normal affect returns over time, as you become accustomed to where you find yourself.

Once we become attuned to authentic love in all relationships (family, friends, partners, community, etc), much of what others call love may not resonate so much with you. By authentic love, I mean love which actively wills and seeks the good of the other, and for no other reason but their good, pure and simple.

There good in them can feel to them like a bad thing, I must add this..lol so the unconditional love in you shared, may be perceived as tough love, harsh or withholding. This is expressed according to what is appropriate in a given setting and relationship but kindness and compassion are key aspects. It is also called unconditional love and it's not some unattainable abstract ideal...it's where many are at and where many more are coming to be.

It is, I'll grant you, exceedingly hard to reconcile many modern, primarily utilitarian casual and/or sexual relationships with authentic love.

For sure, it is a new level of awareness to build new connections one with your own in you..but it flows in in its own time.. A utilitarian ethic or perspective (primarily focused on mutually gratifying physical and/or ego needs) is essentially at odds with the human being as an integral whole. Because the human being can never be a means to an end but rather is always an end unto him or herself. I try to kerb my tongue as well
and I am usually sucessful hahaha!

I always felt in the transition of this space that it was in fact harder to love this way. But then I realized I was picking up on others hardness in that space of love in them. To be light and free in this way of loving, can make the hard hearts press down even harder on you, but then you just get lighter and lighter till the hard space of love has no impact on you and just love with your light body and light self...

Peace & blessings
7L

Old 05-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Goody, another opportunity to post an appropriate 'essay'
on what this 'separation' is all about!

The Lover and the Beloved

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved.
But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to
love but Himself as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation creates longing;
and longing creates search. And the wider and the more intense the search
the greater the separation and the more terrible the longing.

When longing most intense, separation is complete and the purpose
of separation which was that Love might experience Itself as Lover and Beloved
is fulfilled; and union follows.
And when union is attained, the Lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved
whom he loved and desired union with; and that all the impossible situations that
he overcame were obstacles which he himself had placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to become
what you already are!
Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~Meher Baba

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 AM
Yaoughta

It's like skittles. You can always taste the rainbow.