Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
that's it shim.....you wouldn't tell me what to believe. like i've said, i'm fascinated by religion but i have my own beliefs, not christian, not spiritual, but my own what i have always believed & probably always will. there is nothing wrong with curiosity & showing interest though.......i'm neither a tabloid nor a new york times person.

I'm not quite so fascinated with religion and often even dislike being called Christian at times. Especially when confronted with such major prejudices and stereotypes as held by ignorant people (roll eyes). What is most important is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command". And perhaps one day many will get past their beliefs and start understanding and practicing faith. Now there's an idea.
Old 28-11-2010, 11:56 PM
shaya48

HI TWINKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Someone believes Christians are only nice because they fear God, but spiritualists are naturally nice 100% of time. I don't agree since not every spiritualist I meet is naturally nice. And not all Christians are fearful of God. Some find God loving instead of fearful. I think this person no longer likes me since I'm moving more into Christianity direction. It doesn't mean I no longer have spiritual beliefs. What are your thoughts?

HI TWINKLE

ITS PERFECTLY FINE JUST FOLLOWING YOUR OWN BELIEFS IN YOUR OWN WAY, THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU CANT HAVE BOTH, ITS YOUR CHOICE, YOU ARE HERE TO EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND IS FOR YOUR HIGHEST OF GOOD.

WE WIll ALWAYS UNFORTUNATLY MEET PEOPLE WHO WONT LIKE US FOR WHATEVER REASON, SO WE JUST NEED TO BE HOW WE NEED TO BE FOR OURSELVES AND NOT WORRY ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING BEYOND THAT, OUR LIFE TAKES US WHERE WE ARE MEANT TO BE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE, CELEBRATE IT AND EMBRACE IT AND LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST.

LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA
Old 28-11-2010, 11:56 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I'm not quite so fascinated with religion and often even dislike being called Christian at times. Especially when confronted with such major prejudices and stereotypes as held by ignorant people (roll eyes). What is most important is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command". And perhaps one day many will get past their beliefs and start understanding and practicing faith. Now there's an idea.

hmmmmm.........interesting thought.
Old 29-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Someone believes Christians are only nice because they fear God, but spiritualists are naturally nice 100% of time. I don't agree since not every spiritualist I meet is naturally nice. And not all Christians are fearful of God. Some find God loving instead of fearful. I think this person no longer likes me since I'm moving more into Christianity direction. It doesn't mean I no longer have spiritual beliefs. What are your thoughts?

twinkle I am a christian and i sure dont fear god why would I fear that which I feel loves me. If one believes jesus died a bad death as an actof love for people you then start to see it differently. i do tend to think of god more asa loving god. thats how it feels to me.

The fear concept- Christianity from personal experience doesnt seem to be this wishy washy thing where you add and remove the bits of your choice i guess that is why that sin doing wrong thing is not really compromisable. When I am in tune with god i feel great inside when I do things bad i loose the nice peaceful feeling inside. I want to keep the nice happy feeling inside - inner glow i guess is a better word. for me fear doesnt really enter into it.

can I say it how it is:

there was a set of rules 10 commandments

before I was a christian I felt lonely and like avoid inside and there was this sorta weight of guilt things i did wrong to people. things from those 10 commandments ( i didnt even know them til someone told me what they were later just before belief but felt guilty from stealing and lying etc) I carried around a sadness in me but most of all this inner void. It sucked.

When I became a christian ie born again receive holy spirit-all that bad stuff left me and i got this inner happiness in place of the bad stuff. There was forgiveness of it all and release from it:)

christianity seems to work just fine as it is.. no regrets following that path. :)

Sometimes being concerned about what you need to give up inhibits discovering what you may gain.

re division I wish everyone would get over it and spread the love a bit, spiritualist seem nice people christians too I'm more than happy to call both friends.

LOVE and LIGHT is good

Last edited by Lightspirit : 29-11-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 29-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Master
People are still people and hide behind their religions.
Old 29-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Ezekiel

1 John 4:18 (New King James Version)

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
Old 29-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
People are still people and hide behind their religions.

Yea, and the real people are hiding behind the many forms of spirituality, meditating in unusual physical positions bending their bodies backwards in an ugly fashion, seeking conversation with the spirit world, etc., that may seem to be “spiritual, " to some, but they are in fact false spirituality. The only thing of value is the fact that spirituality points to something yet beyond the physical world to which we need connect. rolls eyes

Last edited by Shim : 29-11-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 29-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Yea, and the real people are hiding behind the many forms of spirituality, meditating in unusual physical positions bending their bodies backwards in an ugly fashion, seeking conversation with the spirit world, etc., that may seem to be “spiritual, " to some, but they are in fact false spirituality. The only thing of value is the fact that spirituality points to something yet beyond the physical world to which we need connect. rolls eyes

you know hat shim as a christian I believe the things spiritualists experience are real things. Auras really exist so does other dimensions spiritually I think that Astral plane does too. If there is one thing both Christianity and the spiritualists will share is people who never experience a deeper spirituality taking a cheap shot at our faiths or experiences. I think taking the time to listen believe and understand will help one day bury unnecessary divisions.

Re the previous post 2 up I really enjoy my faith and sure dont hide. scepticism is what people hide behind. Saying its all rubbish looks sooo cool in front of other people. but doesnt build anyone up. It tears people down in an effort to make yourself look good.

there you go spiritualists i believe ya, hopefully you believe me back that christ is better.
Old 29-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:

Are you suggesting all these things are false and your way is right? Thats the problem with this world...always holding judgement and being righteous...thats why the there's so much chaos. Its a pity more didnt adopt the "take the log out of your own eye" policy.....maybe it'd be a better and more peaceful world to be in?
Old 29-11-2010, 09:12 AM
whiteride

Quote:

It does not matter what team you play for, but how well you play. If you worry too much about how others are playing, you will not play well. If you play well enough you can carry the whole team across the line.

Does that not make perfect sense?

The year is 2010. It is time to take away the A versus B. And just be a......
good person.

Quick and brief. Good christians, bad christians, good cops, bad cops, good postman, bad postman. GOOD MAN, BAD MAN.

The pot is large. There is salt and there is pepper. Some form into groups, but in no one group is there pure salt or pure pepper.

Is this not simple?

I assume you already are working towards the same idea. But if you ask for others thoughts you will get the thoughts of the salt and the pepper.

In other words, the thoughts of the good and bad, when perhaps the person asking the question should be answering the question.

That is my view. Unsalted, and unpeppered.