Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-09-2013, 02:36 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
The idea is NOT to dissolve the "ego"....?

The idea is to Know Thyself.

You've made some valid points - I get what you're saying ...
In another post I said "eliminate the ego" ...
I think it would've better said to suppress or push aside ...
I don't know that ego can actually be dissolved, but that's just my opinion ...
What I do know is the ego can be controlled, tamed, denied & the above ...
One of the many valuable lessons I learned about grief is it's power ...
It put my ego on hiatus clearing the way for remarkable learning as well as insight that all my years of spiritual study & practice were uncomparable to ...
Certain words popped out that reduced pages upon pages of information to a simple format for quick resonation ...
The point I'm trying to make is I believe the pitfalls of ego or ego itself are worth mentioning to beginners ...
That is a lesson in itself ...
Too much information can interfere w/a desired state of being ...
It can be incorporated after a time for continued enlightenment ...
Old 27-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
Silent knowledge is the silent inner voice that guides a person. It doesn't teach, because to teach is to fill the space of another with your voice...and thus fill the silent space of another, where their own voice might have stood.
What you're saying is correct (in my opinion, of course), but is it not possible to give guidance to others as to how to cultivate silence, and thus allow your inner guide to be heard?

I've come to regard language as problematic, as something that makes the world abstract and thus separates us from it, but it can also serve a useful purpose, in that it allows us to communicate information that can help us to become conscious. If that makes sense.
Old 27-09-2013, 01:45 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
The point I'm trying to make is I believe the pitfalls of ego or ego itself are worth mentioning to beginners ...
That is a lesson in itself ...

In addition to the above statements ...
Some have difficulty identifying their ego ...
Differentiating between self awareness & ego ...
The ego is strong - it will overpower one's ability to hear silent knowledge ...
Rather what will be heard is the ego validating one's preconceived idea/conscious wants & desires as a favorable outcome ...
From that it is then labeled as "spiritual" as justification/rationalization ...
Granted it is mistaken for "self awareness/one's own truth", there is still learning ahead ...
It takes willingness to accept the universal truth for all human beings ...
Sometimes, it takes a few lessons in a relatively short amount of time ...
For others, it might be decades of hard lessons before they fully understand what ego is before they can surrender w/out its interference to allow silent knowledge to flow in as is & be accepted ...
Everything is a process of learning steps to achieve the actual intended goal of all practices/learning/healing ...
Old 27-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
I think at some point it might ...
Silent knowledge & life review are done in a smiliar fashion ...
It appears you may have the ability to accomplish both ...
While I wrote the above I was thinking about my deceased husband & my journey through grief ...
The powers w/in me went into overdrive ...
Grief obliterates the ego & heightens self awareness clearing the way for me to see our entire life together unfold & the reasons for every decision, every move, the timing of the birth of our kids, our interactions, etc ...
For years, it was a series of "Aha to this & that" that brought forth clarity, purpose, meaning & resolution ...
Because they were so powerful there was no need for contemplation - there was automatic acceptance ...
However, with silent knowledge one has to put certain bits into action ...
Just freeing one's self from ego is refreshing as well as euphoric ...

I went through two years of past life memories of pain and grief. It did just as you explained. Its just more forgotten because its not in my current life I think. So I forget sometimes how much it helped going through it. Sometimes I remember how it helped. Just not always.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 27-09-2013, 03:39 PM
livingkarma

That's normal! *wink*
I think all you need is to be grateful it is resolved, you are freed from its hold - if that is the case ...
The learning from it is to not repeat what was done to you ...
One only needs a balanced amount of self awareness (thoughts, actions, deeds) to navigate through daily life w/truth & honesty ...
The rest is stored for reference ...
Self awareness can be all consuming when it is not used properly ...
It can cause anger, frustration, resentment as in "why am I the only one ~having~ to do this" - in these times people forget its a choice ...
Proceed on your merry way! *smile*
Old 27-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
What you're saying is correct (in my opinion, of course), but is it not possible to give guidance to others as to how to cultivate silence, and thus allow your inner guide to be heard?

I've come to regard language as problematic, as something that makes the world abstract and thus separates us from it, but it can also serve a useful purpose, in that it allows us to communicate information that can help us to become conscious. If that makes sense.

Conciousness has many meanings. To become conscious of something after we've read it, is to be conscious in knowledge. It is to stand in the human mind and look at spirituality from that point of view.

To stand and view life as spirit, is to look at the humanness that we live in. To be silent in spirit and talk of the human life that is there.
Old 28-09-2013, 10:52 PM
somnium

It would be nice if there were a magical teaching that stated that work on eradicating the ego is not needed, and that all we need to do is think that it was true. But sadly for the average person our ego is developed and very self-important. It spends most of our energy reaffirming itself, strengthening itself, and telling us how great we are. It positions itself to be better than most people. It takes a great amount of work to derail self-importance, for it is a habitual process that is well ingrained into most people. It takes self-awareness and rehabituating. It means watching yourself and reforming the energy that is so accustomed to us. One with no self-importance has no need to waste energy defending their opinions and does not care if someone does not like them. they don't need to protect their precious self. A good place to start is to realize just how small we are in the grand scheme of infinity. We only have so much energy, so much attention to give to ourself, and the world around us, and spending it in ego is wasteful. Once the energy starts to be diverted it flows through new channels and pathways, into areas like silent knowledge, seeing energy directly, and new awareness. In one school of thought our mind upholds the world we live in, our attention is the essence of time, this means that our thoughts and our awareness is responsible for the world we perceive. By changing that awareness, and by changing your thoughts you can effect change in the world. Your awareness dictates your perceptions, they are like a link. The energy needed for this sorcery of the mindscape is trapped in self-importance, sustaining just how great we are and how much we think we know. It creates rigidity in our awareness, because we think we know of everything. This makes stagnant energy, and locks our perception into the normal everyday world. The energy needed to break that mold to perceive new things is tied up in the ego. Forget what you think you know about the world, and open your horizons to something beyond yourself. Become small so that you may grow. Become humble so you may be open to learn.
Old 29-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Ivy

I've never suffered from self importance, it is perhaps why I've had people around me who don't either. My journey and my ego has created low self esteem and a **** eyed view of human interaction. That;s something I have worked on to create change.

This is why your view doesn't work for me. It's not that there is a magical 'way' that doesn't need to eradicate the ego. It is that one way isn't right for everybody. To imagine I am small, when I'm not even sure if my existence matters at all sometimes, isn't helpful. It seems somewhat self important to assume we all need this.
Old 29-09-2013, 05:04 PM
somnium

It isn't my intention to state that everyone has issues with large egos, and self-importance. Most people however do. There are some who have small egos, and naturally do not spend an excess amount of energy in this area. I don't assume everyone needs to do the work i point out, but in my experience most could use the extra energy.
Old 29-09-2013, 06:22 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium
I don't assume everyone needs to do the work i point out, but in my experience most could use the extra energy.

All we can do is share our experience(s) & wisdom to offer it up to the takers ...
Thank you for posting this great topic ...
It helped me remember some important points ...
And take a look at it from a completely different perspective; very helpful ...