Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
[color="Green"]Recently, on another thread, some members were denying a divine source of love which saddened me.
It made me think that their experiences of love may have left them cold.....
When people have different beliefs it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have heart or are cold. In fact, judging others based on beliefs is a form of a cold heart. We all have moments of love and coldness, and someone who appears cold can have lots of heart, and at the same time a person can talk alot about love and yet be cold inside.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Ivy

Amy, in the thread you post to #6, from a personal perspective I'm very well able to accept your individual use of the word love. I think I said that I wouldn't change your experience...because it is unique to youand I appreciate it as that.

But can you accept that I don't understand love the same as you...and perhaps not the same as a majority of people...and appreciate me in the same way?

It is a word that I have not managed to understand in terms of it being shown...that is my life, that is something I accept. I accept it because I love my Mum dearly and I understand with a great deal of compassion why she couldn't show it. And I love others, deeply, dearly, and with the with the same dedication, understanding and compassion that I give my mum to this day.

Yet society puts all sorts of expectations and stipulations on how love is shown...and I have experienced people who desperately want to be seen as loving...get angry because I cannot respond to their demonstrations of 'love' in the way that they expect to be responded to. And I've come to understand just how very shallow those demonstrations of love are. Similarly, I have been a fool for shallow love that is demonstrated to groom and manipulate people like me, who are a bit unexperienced and vulnerable.

And yet Amy, I have grown up with spirit being there when I knew nothing else. It is just accepted from my earliest days. And yet, as the outsider, I have managed to accept that people describe what I feel as beauty as 'love' and that for them it is ingrained with understanding of being able to turn to others and being returned something that feels good and positive...it is a need fulfilled.

I've had a good deal of dedication working on my inner journey for many many years Amy....and my travels have been influenced by my experience...it makes me wise and accepting that your experience is different.

What I'm asking in sharing this, is for you to open and accept that others know more than you about their own experience. Don't be saddened because others don't see it as you do. My experience has given me heartache...and the beauty in equal equivalence. I hope you will hear me now.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
When people have different beliefs it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have heart or are cold. In fact, judging others based on beliefs is a form of a cold heart. We all have moments of love and coldness, and someone who appears cold can have lots of heart, and at the same time a person can talk alot about love and yet be cold inside.
How ironic! You are guilty here of what you are assuming I have done. If you read my post again (that you have quoted here), you will see that it was a thought (i.e. an idea that occurred to me) not a judgement. I notice you are very fond of pointing the finger Seawolf and often not perceiving the situation correctly in the first place.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 PM
amy green

Meadows (sigh) I was hoping your comment re. "discussions of the heart bring out the walls that keep those passions enclosed" was meant as a general perception of yours (applying to others) and not just about disclosing your own personal experience. I replied hoping it was meant that way and am sorry that you took it personally. Of course I accept your experience of love differs from mine. My sadness (referred to in my post here #6) was concerning the denial of divine love. I think I am entitled to feel this even if I acknowledge differing experiences of love. Allow me this much please.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Master

Quote:
How ironic! You are guilty here of what you are assuming I have done. If you read my post again (that you have quoted here), you will see that it was a thought (i.e. an idea that occurred to me) not a judgement. I notice you are very fond of pointing the finger Seawolf and often not perceiving the situation correctly in the first place.
I was saying that heart and love are not always apparent to us. We can imagine others on a forum don't know love like we do, but we really don't know. That's wonderful that you leave room for people who don't believe the same to have same love, even if it doesn't appear that way to us.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Ivy

Haha, as you get to know me amy, you will get to know that I never bother speaking from anything but personal experience...it's my way.

What is there to learn from but experience? the book...the logic...what has been taught, conditioned? It makes no sense to me...what is it to talk of something you have no personal experience of?

bless you though, i'm not really entitled to allow you or dis-allow you anything. It's a silly game to play to make it sound like I would through your plea. And I'm too old for it ;-)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
Haha, as you get to know me amy, you will get to know that I never bother speaking from anything but personal experience...it's my way.

What is there to learn from but experience? the book...the logic...what has been taught, conditioned? It makes no sense to me...what is it to talk of something you have no personal experience of?

bless you though, i'm not really entitled to allow you or dis-allow you anything. It's a silly game to play to make it sound like I would through your plea. And I'm too old for it ;-)
Ah that's helpful...to know you don't generalise then? Will bear that in mind.

It's late...I guess the word I meant was "please acknowledge" that I can be sad. To contest my sadness is to not accept it.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 PM
amy green

With an open heart, let me share this lovely song

Wear Your Love Like Heaven by Donovan

http://youtu.be/Xl8k3wbFxgI
Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Ah that's helpful...to know you don't generalise then? Will bear that in mind.

It's late...I guess the word I meant was "please acknowledge" that I can be sad. To contest my sadness is to not accept it.

Amy, I don't understand why you want to bear in mind whether I generalise or not. People are rarely so black and white to bother.

What I said regarding your sadness was this...

Quote:
What I'm asking in sharing this, is for you to open and accept that others know more than you about their own experience. Don't be saddened because others don't see it as you do.

It acknowledges that you are sad. But certainly in my case, you misunderstood why I didn't use the word love to speak about my divine experience (on the thread that you linked to).

It is a mis-interpretation on your part, that people not interpreting their divine experience as 'divine love', must not feel the beauty and peace those experiences bring.

I feel it is that misunderstanding of others that causes you feel saddened. So I shared in the hope that understanding others better would ease your sadness. I still do hope you will find a new understanding x
Old 12-06-2013, 04:11 PM
amy green

Meadows - yes I did understand. Whilst you associating the divine with beauty and peace is clearly special, it is not the same as recognising the divine as being divine love. The vibration of divine love, I feel, incorporates beauty and peace whilst beauty and peace may not necessarily be imbued with the experience/feeling of love. To me it lacks a very significant/higher dimension and I am somewhat sad that you do not share this experience. (I'm not losing sleep over it!) Anyway, clearly we differ on this so let's agree on that much and leave it here.