Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Hirandall

Busby's chair makes me wonder can we actually curse an action?.. .
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Hi Hirandall.
A few comments. Firstly - what is a curse. Short answer. It's a self-imposed delusion. You have to believe that you have been cursed for it to be effective.
This comes back to the nature of "spells". "Magic" is a feature of Nature. It is the manipulation and channeling of natural Earth energies to produce a desired effect. The key to this is not ritual and spells but rather the Will and Focus of the adept - it is a mental discipline which takes a long time to acquire. If that is so, then your Will and Focus can negate any attempt to influence you. Does that make sense ?
You need to know a few things about Wicca and it's ancient root. First off, it is NOT Devil worship as some would have you believe. There is no devil or hell in the pagan belief. However, there is a belief in Wicca concerning the Three-fold Return - put simply this is the belief that good or bad deeds or thoughts will return to you magnified three-fold. A form of Karma in other words. So anyone trying to curse you will be, themselves, cursed three-fold in return. There is some lore attached to that which I will not set out unless you interested - it concerns the Weaver Goddess who is also known as Fate. This is my simple explanation. The present is determined by the past, your past actions determine your future i.e. you write your own Karma. OK so far ? But why three-fold. Every action you do, every thought you think has an impact on your Mind, Body, and Spirit - so a three-fold impact.

So, there you are ! More than you ever wanted to know about the subject

Norseman, I am extremely interested in the lore of the Weaver Goddess...if/when you feel you would like to mention something more about that?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Etran

I think a curse is negative energy directed at someone