Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Seeker

nothing is wrong with wanting more money, but experts in the law of attraction would tell you that its all about your feelings and attitudes toward money that put you in your current financial situation. If you think money is the root of all evil and you try and have an affirmation for getting more, that is probably not the place to start out with that. :) Try and examine your relationship with money and get into a more positive place about your attaining more of it, then try affirmations!

Such as," I always have enough money to be comepletely taken care of with my needs. "

Good Luck!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by redemption
I am nervous to have this affirmation as I feel it will make me greedy. In turn it will develop detrimental feelings during my meditation as I gain attachment to money.

Has anyone tried this? What affirmations have you used for this?

This all depends on your motivation for wanting money, redemption. If it really is from greed, you might want to look more closely at your values and priorities.

It's usually religious conditioning that makes us believe "money is the root of all evil" or "desire for money will block your spiritual growth". So now you have a chance to see what your conditioning is and let go of what's no longer true for you.

You could benefit from writing out your beliefs about money - all of them. For instance, is it really just money that you want, or what you believe and hope more money can do for you? And is what you want from money genuinely in your best interests or not?

Any manifestation process calls for facing and releasing the old beliefs and emotional patterns so new understandings and attitudes can come in their place. That's how affirmations work best.

Mine is, "I always have what I need, and more." And I do.

Xan

Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Celeste

I think it also has to do with being HAPPY for your neighbor who has a lot of money, with the sense that, your joy is my joy; we are all in this together. Money may be scarce for you at the time, but by being happy for others, without being jealous, etc., your time will come.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 PM
myBuddha

here's what I do. instead of thinking about the money I try to feel whats it like to use the things I will need the money for.

for example.
I've always wanted a new sports car. a Porsche would be nice. I imagine how it feels to drive it, look at it, basically I use my senses to experience what it will be like. ... I'm still working on the Porsche, but it has worked for me. Im currently living in a home I spent several years imagining how it would feel to live there. Then one day all the pieces fell into place and I found myself with an opportunity to live where I imagined. I jumped at the chance.....

Hope this helps.
Old 14-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Master
I'd have to agree with everyone above that it's easier just to focus on what the money'd get you than the money itself as I find it very simple to get what I want and always have enough but still continue asking spirit just for money so I can simply make choices as I go rather than have to ask for it first...

I think what underlies this in myself is a lack of faith and a need to have the stuff sitting in my pocket as security. Or being selfish 'cause I rather do enjoy just muckin' about and spendin' money on junk that just feels so good to buy!!!

I think it's so difficult to manifest money simply because it's a means of exchange so money in itself possibly isn't regarded by Spirit as something transferable.

Maybe it's that money's so prevalent and pervasive that spirit just isn't interested in moving such mundanities about whereas moving an anvil stuck out under a tree that was the basis of much good and refined work over many years that now lays almost forgotten but then some bright young spark with metal wants one... that's a challenge to make the myriad of connections to move such a heavy hunk from one place top another.

Recently I got all the wood and roofing required to build another shed. It was all within a kilometre of where I live and I got it all for free. To get the equivalent by buying would have required getting work which may have taken me away from the house for two weeks or more and then had to go out and buy so the offer from spirit to get wood that only later I realised for a shed... much more fun and much easier
Old 14-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Master
Mr. I... Your signature gave me a smile. Thanks

Hello My name is Sean and I'm a spiritaholic. It's been 3 hours since I found a deeper meaning and 3 months since my last realisation.

Xan

Old 16-11-2011, 12:40 PM
JimmyTheTulip

Would it be different if the wording were different. I have found myself in the same situation a couple of time. Having the need for more money, that is. But when I started breaking down my reasoning for wanting more more, it really boiled down to wanting the freedom to help others and do what I really want to do while still being able to support my family. Since then I have started volunteering at a local food bank once a month. It might take a couple of hours out of my weekend but it is, in essence, taking care of that need to help others.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Master
karma... I'm posting this for you.

Zen wants you living

Living in abundance
living in totality
living intensely
not at the minimum
as religion wants you
but at the maximum
overflowing.

Your life should reach to others.
Your blissfulness
your benediction
your ecstasy
should not be contained
within you

like a seed.

It should open like a flower
and spread its fragrance
to all and sundry,
not only to the friends
but to the strangers too.

This is real compassion

this is real love:
sharing your enlightenment,
sharing your dance of the beyond.

- Osho

Old 17-11-2011, 11:11 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redemption
I am nervous to have this affirmation as I feel it will make me greedy. In turn it will develop detrimental feelings during my meditation as I gain attachment to money.

Has anyone tried this? What affirmations have you used for this?

I believe that affirmations for money are only okay, if you are in need for buying the basic needs in life. I really do not see the point of being happy or for my neighbour, when I can not even afford the little things such as food - it becomes stressful, and then it become harder to be happier and at peace with life (believe me I know).
Old 17-11-2011, 10:35 PM
JimmyTheTulip

It's funny how things work sometimes. After looking at this thread for the first time yesterday I started saying to myself, "I am abundant". Today, out of nowhere I recieved a refund check from an insurance company that I haven't been with for a couple years. The amount of money I recieved will cover the cost of the tires that we need to replace on one of our cars.

It's really my first foray into affirmations, but I'm liking how it's going so far!!!