Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Is it wrong to have affirmations about money? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24010)

redemption 19-10-2011 03:08 AM

Is it wrong to have affirmations about money?

I am nervous to have this affirmation as I feel it will make me greedy. In turn it will develop detrimental feelings during my meditation as I gain attachment to money.

Has anyone tried this? What affirmations have you used for this?

Adrienne 19-10-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redemption
I am nervous to have this affirmation as I feel it will make me greedy. In turn it will develop detrimental feelings during my meditation as I gain attachment to money.

just curious, if you have the above feelings... why are you wanting to have an affirmation for money ?

redemption 19-10-2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream Angel
just curious, if you have the above feelings... why are you wanting to have an affirmation for money ?

I have been working on some projects for the last 3 years that I wish to get a good return on. Not only the projects but also my career path as I progress further (Maybe MBA) etc....

Adrienne 19-10-2011 04:20 AM

Good reasons, then I would say no there isn't anything wrong with money affirmations. There are a few that I have heard of , money affirmations. I will see if I can remember them and post them for you.

redemption 19-10-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Good reasons, then I would say no there isn't anything wrong with money affirmations. There are a few that I have heard of , money affirmations. I will see if I can remember them and post them for you.

As I dwell further in this, I think I could be having the wrong focus. Maybe it should not be focusing on money but maybe the effort into my work.

I have to reflect a bit more on this.

Adrienne 19-10-2011 04:28 AM

Here are two of them ~

I am a money magnet

I have more than enough money for everything I want

sometimes money is needed to achieve your goals, schooling is one example - very expensive !

Celeste 19-10-2011 05:47 AM

Why not pray for prosperity?

Adrienne 19-10-2011 05:52 AM

Abundance ~ just about covers everything :smile:

Somnia 21-10-2011 12:10 PM

This reminds me of when I was feeling the need to move out of my parents home, but I needed more income to do so. At the time, I was only working PRN so what I did was performed a candle ritual with an affirmation to get a full time job. That way, I'd be making more money to save towards my goal. It came true for me the day after I did my spell. So perhaps you're right in you need to think about your focus not so much on money per se', but your career path. Affirm abundance and growth in your career or talents and see what happens.

Maiya 21-10-2011 01:19 PM

I agree that it is more beneficial to concentrate positively on the things the money would provide rather than on the money.

Visualise something you really want and the money for it will seem to miraculously appear.

What so many people don’t yet realise is that we are getting all the time that which we think about the most.

This is why positive thinking and a positive attitude is so important.

We alone are creating and recreating our own reality from the thoughts we think and the actions we take.

You are today creating your own tomorrows.