Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-07-2023, 01:24 AM
Master

Vibrations, I am not telling you what to do, not even giving you advice, just sharing my perspective on relationships. Catholics do marry protestants and Buddhist marry Christians, believers marry non-believers, etc. In my opinion it is really not the difference in perspective, rather it is the open-ness and tolerance for differences. Your partner may be jealous or envious of you and what you have gained.

It is wonderful to have someone you can share your deepest experiences with, but when I first started doing meditation and had many out of body experiences, I felt I could not share them with anyone. I knew my partner at that time was not ready to hear about it so I did not tell her. In my opinion it is a myth that we should be able to share anything with those close to us,

The adage, if your lover asks you if she looks fat, do you tell her your true opinion or do you spare her feeling an smooth over your answer? I do not share my deeper experiences with everyone, that is why I come to this forum or go to a meditation center, to converse with like minded people. It sounds to me like you have already made your mind up about this, but like I said, I am not giving you answers just sharing opinions.

When we have had transcendent experiences, we want to share those experiences with everyone, especially those who are close to us. We are bursting to let others know. But when religious people want to tell me about their Bible, Gita, Koran, Torah, or other what they consider sacred teachings, I don’t want to hear it; because it is sometimes what has been come to be known as “brow beating.” Some people can take more of that than others and some do not want to hear it at all.

The movie actor Tom Cruise, who I think makes great action movies, has been shunned by the Academy Awards because he would talk about his experience with Scientology on the movie lot, and Germany did not allow him to film one of his pictures there because of his association with scientology. Regardless of his religion I still like his pictures. Regardless of your partner not wanting to talk about it you can still embrace her if that is what you want to do.

I used to teach psychology at the University of Colorado, and I would talk about God and spirit in my lectures without using the words God and spirit. I had a mixed audience of students, some were atheists or agnostics, monotheists, polytheists, deists, pantheists, etc., but I received high teaching ratings from my students who told me they enjoyed my lectures. I was able to touch their heart and mind without using the words heart and mind. We touch people with our energy and not necessarily with the words we use, although words can convey a certain energy.

Everything is energy, everything is vibration. You can talk about things without actually talking about them; give the other person a chance to grow by easing into it, if that is what you want to do. But letting go of the relationship may also be a viable option. Whatever choice you make has a lesson in it for you; this is my experience. Mental decisions, pros and cons, may be faulty, feel intuition within yourself for more accurate guidance.

Peace
Old 28-07-2023, 04:49 AM
Master

Vibrations. I think you have made some very good points that I happen to agree with.
Old 28-07-2023, 10:58 AM
Knower

Thank you redchic, - starman for clarifying, it makes sense, I once had a friend who was catholic and she fell in love with a young man who was a Jahova witness, her family didn't mind but his refused and threatened to disown him if he chose her. religion is many cause today of conflict, if only everyone just praised the one and only god the creator, there would be less tension in the world today.

You are right about keeping our experiences to ourself, I also do this but one still needs to express their views how they believe is true to them. If we don't then we are not true to ourself, I am so glad I found this forum, it's a way I can talk to people like me, and I thank matt for making this possible.

I think you hit the nail on the head, its a matter on envy/jealousy so thank you, For me I can easily continue as normal as I have for the past year, being true to myself and sharing the positive energy. It seems the Universe knows me well, what I have overcome, and is giving me signs to change my pattern.

I have dreams about this, I also did my tarot cards and the whole pyramid spread was telling me that what was meant to be in the past, doesn't mean its forever, there must be change, I also drew up a Geomancy chart which were all in favour of me separating in my relationship. I felt torn to listen to the universe or my heart not my mind.

I think its a lack of understand on their part, if they are not open to possibilities and change, its not their fault they have been caught up in the illusions of the world, and we need to also be understanding of this, which is why I am able to continue by listening to my heart. Yet there is a yearn inside me I can't explain, I have become content with my life, its a feeling like there is something out there, if only I have the courage to reach out for it and disrupt my pattern, but would this be like the saying - will the grass will be greener on the other side? If you’re not appreciated anymore by your partner, are you denying yourself the opportunity to be appreciated by another?
Old 28-07-2023, 01:20 PM
Master

Vibrations…..”If you’re not appreciated anymore by your partner, are you denying yourself the opportunity to be appreciated by another?”

My answer is YES. ABSOLUTELY! Why would you want to spend time and waste it on someone who doesn’t appreciate what they have in you. Life is too precious and too short for that.

Get yourself out there and be around happy positive people who are doing interesting creative, positive things and those who are contributing to making a difference on this planet!

There are so many wonderful life changing places, workshops, seminars and groups for you to enjoy and enrich your life.

So why not fill your life with some of these instead of just staying stuck with a relationship that you have obviously outgrown. What’s the point?

These are obviously my personal opinions though. Others may differ.
Old 28-07-2023, 02:23 PM
Knower

Thank you red chic, you are absolutely right, I suppose one just keeps hoping things will change and before you know it another year has gone by. I don’t even want another, I think I just want to be single and be myself, and probably mix with more people like me, spiritual, and appreciate all things in life. Really appreciate the views they have helped me see it from different points of view.

So the question was can a relationship work when one has awakened but the other hasn’t. The answer is more complex, and depends on many factors, if the other can still appreciate and accept you and love you as they always did, allowing you to change for the better. After all spiritually awakening is suppose to help you find peace with yourself.

Then there are red flags that are negative-

Your partner makes fun of you and your practice
Your partner gets angry when you dedicate time to your spirituality
Your partner tries to prevent you from practicing your spiritual path
Your partner has created a spoken or unspoken “ultimatum” i.e. “it’s me or your spirituality”
Your partner frequently criticizes your spiritual beliefs
You feel the need to “hide” your spiritual practice and do it in secret
You feel pressured to believe/follow what your partner believes
You’re afraid of sharing your spirituality for fear of being judged or rejected

If you can say “yes” to more than one of these negative red flags, you should be concerned. Your relationship is oppressive and doesn’t allow you to grow as a person which means that there is likely an unhealthy dynamics going on.
You have a right to flourish as a spiritual being and be loved and supported – not rejected or judged negatively.
Old 28-07-2023, 03:16 PM
Master

Well you’ve just answered your own question hey?

Good on ya!
Old 28-07-2023, 03:18 PM
Master
@ #15 ~ yes, these are graphic illustrations but in most cases may not occur, in my opinion. Simpler but impactful can be mismatch in way of interaction with friends, acquaintances, servants, colleagues, avoiding idle gossip, forgiveness issues, ‘encashing’ opportunities by being ‘street smart’ etc.

As we proceed on the spiritual path, our touch would, should, become gentler, more mindful, honest, truthful, compassionate. It is in the small things, moment to moment, where mismatch can occur. Personally speaking, I’ve been fortunate in this respect but I can visualise problems if life partners disagree on ethics and behaviour in day to day lived reality.
Old 28-07-2023, 08:12 PM
Master

Vibration, you are coming across to me as a very sensitive person and I can appreciate that. The spiritual awakening brings that fineness of being and we naturally want to move away from the coarseness. It is very important to love and appreciate your self, without narcissism, and in so doing we put out a vibration where others can love and appreciate us.

I am of the belief that if you are alive here on this planet, then you have work to do on yourself. In all that I have been through I still have work to do on myself. In your current relationship you both contributed what you could given the emotional and mental conditioning present. We give to each other the work, or lack of work, which we have done on ourselves.

In the early days of my conscious spiritual journey I also studied the Tarot and Rune Stones to help guide me. I went on to complete a 13-year course on the Qabbalistic Tarot. Using Tarot and Rune stones helped me a great deal in those early days. Since then I have gathered a lot of other esoteric tools. We form partnerships with people and things along the way in our journey.

We hang on and then we let go; its like breathing; you take a breath in, hold on to it, and then you let that breath go. Understand that whatever has a beginning has an ending and in my opinion I know of only one that has no beginning or ending. Live in the moment, savor the now, and transition to the next while steadfast in the now. Stay quiet and still inside while active and moving on the outside. These are but suggestions.

No matter what you do your life will unfold; the process is automatic, but we can speed it up with quiet meditation, selfless service or volunteer work, which may humble us and open new vistas, and getting to know ourselves on deeper and deeper levels. The angels are with you, we are all being guided. In my opinion if it resonates throughout your being then it is worth listening to and following.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 29-07-2023, 08:55 AM
Knower

That’s not the first time I have heard that starman, unfortunately for me it’s part of my Autism, but I can embrace it and work on it through my mindfulness meditation, I think your absolutely right, and it’s gratefully appreciated, appologies if may have seemed abrupt.

Last edited by vibrations : 29-07-2023 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Knower

I wanted to share some new I formation I discovered, I always see patterns of my progression, and I came to the hexagon which was stuck and not turning, I did some research on this one in particular was Matias De Stefano I have provided a link below, I was really taken back by all the patterns he explained because I also experienced all these, but he explains how one can not move, if someone in their pattern is not aligned with theirs, it can affect your charkas.

https://youtu.be/moZE6EsBBFU

Last edited by vibrations : 06-08-2023 at 06:56 PM.