Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Relationships when only one has awaken (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147115)

vibrations 26-07-2023 05:38 PM

Relationships when only one has awaken

Hi I am seeking some advice on this matter, has anyone been in a relationship when one awakened and other hasn’t, can this work?

I would really appreciate anyone who had similar experience, thank you

Starman 27-07-2023 03:42 AM

Speaking only for myself, in a close relationship both are simultaneously students and teachers, as the give and take never ends no matter how awake one may feel they are. A truly enlightened person will never say they are enlightened because they realize that the journey is infinite.

If a person is truly awake they will have compassion and patience for those who do not seem to be awake, according to their definition, or those who do not connect with the perspective which they have. Love is a bridge that joins things together; that‘s all that counts. Its’ really not about me wanting you to see things my way.

People get together in a closely held relationship for all sorts of reasons. The most important thing is that the relationship should have a foundation, the stronger the foundation the stronger the bond.

Although people do outgrow each other. Close relationships in western society are largely a serial monogamy, people go from one person to another. In a close relationship you are not the only teacher, for you can learn from your partner as well. Whether a relationship works or not depends on whether those involved want to work on the relationship or not.

Peace and Good Journey

Unseeking Seeker 27-07-2023 04:09 AM

I agree with Starman and just wish to add that the core necessity for the relationship to continue (in heart) is alignment of both partners with any octave of unconditional love, in relation to others we encounter, on a day to day basis. If this be missing, then perhaps even if we accept all as they are, the mismatch of frequencies will reject the lower aspects of our partner such as envy, hate, lust, rage, self-centredness and so on. It may then become a cause to slowly and involuntarily drift away.

Redchic12 27-07-2023 02:57 PM

Yep this happened to me and i eventually left the marriage. It worked out well for me. In fact I wished ide left sooner.

sky 27-07-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yep this happened to me and i eventually left the marriage. It worked out well for me. In fact I wished ide left sooner.

You left when the ' Time was right ', no need for regret, imo only Red :smile:

Native spirit 27-07-2023 06:26 PM

I would agree with Starman

Namaste

Miss Hepburn 27-07-2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vibrations
Hi I am seeking some advice on this matter, has anyone been in a relationship when one awakened and other hasn’t, can this work?
I would really appreciate anyone who had similar experience, thank you

Yes, but I like my men handsome, and kind of on the dumb side.:tongue:

Starman 27-07-2023 09:05 PM

I used to like women who were beautiful and dumb also. But then I was with a very beautiful woman, at least on the outside, but on the inside, she was very arrogant and rude, a real test of my patience and compassion.

I have a lady friend right now who is strong, intelligent, and independent. She sometimes drives me crazy. She does not like it when I call women girls, and she is really into the politically correct way of speaking, etc.

My body is moving into its 77th year and I do not mind if people refer to me as a “boy.” There are people who are in a relationship that want to mold and shape their friend or partner in their image. Most do that with the concept of “GOD” and also other people who they are close to.

Lots of people also use other people like a drug, they use them for their emotional fix, sexual fix, or other kind of fix. In my opinion, it is not about how men act or how women act, rather it is about why do we attract, and get attached to, the kind of people we attract and get attached to.

Sometimes a person is only supposed to be in our lives for a short period of time, but in my opinion, there is no such thing as a failed relationship, especially if we learn from that relationship. There are lessons in a relationship not only about the other person but about us also.

Loneliness is not about being alone. There are people in closely held relationships who get lonely; people who are married and have kids at home get lonely. Loneliness is about feeling isolated and disconnected, which can happen to a person even when they are standing with a crowd of people. We all have emotional needs, and a relationship may or may not satisfy those needs.

There is no way that we cannot relate; there is no way that we cannot communicate, as even silence says something. If we are not in a relationship with others, we are still in a relationship with ourselves, or relating to the planet, and many other people and things. In spiritual terms, the One and the many. Just speaking for myself; my inner connection is my greatest companion.

JustBe 27-07-2023 09:42 PM

I think we learn through all reflections and relationships, regardless of awake or asleep.

In my marriage of 33 years, I was an avid seeker finding myself from the get go. My husband at the time was my perfect reflection to grow deeper. He was just living life. As years went by, we had reached a point where he and I completed the cycle of our time together. I was complete through that cycle of growth in myself. I stayed until I felt it clear in myself. I left with complete awareness, he was a good man, but he was no longer right fit for me. There was nothing ‘wrong’ other than, I knew it was over. Even as I struggled for it to be over. Somewhere inside me knew. The battle to let go wasn’t easy, but I felt and knew that the universe was activating me for change.

I was conditioned by generational patterns, that marriage was for life. I gave it my all, but the spiritual process showed me deeper, what relationships actually are about from an awareness of growth, change and letting go. As our time was ending, I had a glimpse into a past life connection with my husband. It was one of ‘slavery’ … without going into detail, I see now the gift of coming together was important fit for me to set myself free and in such a way to make peace with all things connected, inclusive of him. When I reached a marker, of being ‘awake’ to the cycle of our time coming full circle, I realised it was done. I saw us both separately at that point and realised that I couldn’t continue because I was no longer the person I started out with him as.

My current partner now, is very open, loving and present as am I. Our growth is part of seeds of potential of being connected to my true self. I’ve supported him to find his freedom of being him more true and authentic, he has helped to open love in me differently to what I’d known previously. We balance the giving and receiving in harmony, there is no conflict and we both care and work to stay connected, to ourselves firstly and each other.

I think through my experiences with relationships, only you know when something is right and true or not. If you don’t work on yourself and work through things arising, you can’t get clear and know what movements you need to act upon for you. If you simply act on a whim without doing the work and getting clear, you’ll take your learning elsewhere. Where you go is where all of you goes.

Relationships are much like the creative path of life, we choose the source, but ultimately you can learn through all life.

vibrations 27-07-2023 10:02 PM

I totally get that starman , but it can’t be just one way, loving your other half no matter what, when there comes a time when u have had an amazing experience but your partner tells you that your not allowed to talk to them about it, and they don’t want to know! This makes the person feel like they can’t be themselves and lonely, after going on a spiritual journey to find themselves, to have a partner refuse them because they can’t adapt to the change.

We are still the same people just wiser. Not putting energy into television, news, connecting with nature more etc, you would think after a person has had such a traumatic past and near death experience, and come out with love, acceptance and forgiveness to be appreciated, yet some partners just don’t like losing the control of the person, suddenly the one who has awakened is more in control of themselves, and what they invest their energy into. If you can’t share your experience or feelings with your partner then I honestly feel they are not being supportive, and you can’t keep loving them and hoping they may just need time to adapt, after many months go by you begin to realise they don’t see you, or don’t want to see u a different way, because of the persona they know you for, awakening changes people, and people don’t like people changing, yet we all have the ability to do so, they can hold us back. It can become very lonely for one to keep their feelings to themselves, and not be allowed to talk about it.

We also have to protect our own energy, when your partner is constantly being negative, this can take a toll on an awakened person who only wishes to think positive! Focusing on the now, not the past or the future. I have read many stories of people who went on a spiritual journey and realised they were in a toxic relationship and luckily for them they found themselves and put themselves first and changed their own pattern. So I think it can only work if the other half accepts them and gets to know them again, they have to want to through love and understanding. However if they refuse to accept after many months, then surly the pattern has to change by the individual, you cannot incorporate this behaviour into ur own pattern, you both have to move through it together or not at all. And thank you justbe! For Shari g your own experience I totally get this, and currently what I am feeling in my current relationship, I have gave it all my energy but I just do t feel like I’m getting anything bk, and dnt want to give up easily, but I need to mix with people like me, I will never go back, what I have experienced is amazing, and I only want to embrace it and share it, but my partner doesn’t want to know, so it’s like at what point do I just say hey this is not working ��