Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Master
So...talking about 'bliss' and 'service' and 'things people do that nobody else notices' and 'spiritual people acting like clowns in a circus...'

Last night, it was a "Necro/Shivani Movie Night"...for about 8 hours, it was 'let's totally do spiritual India'.

I started out with a documentary autobiography on the life and times of Swami Vivekananda and his address to the World Conference of Religions in Chicago in 1893...well, that did nothing for me...absolutely nothing! zilch!

From there, I watched a documentary about the life of Adi Shankaracharya, subbed in English...it must have been made like 60 or 70 years ago...the quality of the movie was so bad and there were a lot of places where a scene was filmed, but not a single word spoken for 5-10 minutes...the only thing I got out of that one was the awesome conversation between one of Shankaracharya's disciples and a caged parrot...about how ants are free, but it will take them many births to climb a mountain, yet a parrot can scale a mountain in seconds, unless it is locked in a cage, of course...and so the parrot goes 'well, let me out then' and the disciple did...I felt quite liberated myself at that point...but the rest of the movie was a bit boring...blech!

From there, I started to watch a Ram Dass commentary on the teachings of Ramana Maharishi and I had to stop myself from falling asleep...the title was "Abide as That" and I'm like "mmmokay...NEXT" after about 20 minutes in.

After that, I put on a documentary called "Kings With Straw Mats"...all about the 1986 Kumbh Mela festival in Haridwar...and I was like; "this is more like it!" and the poetry/prose provided by Ira Cohen as a backdrop to it just blew mountains away! So yeah...there are Sadhus doing Tapas...holding their hand up in one position for like 20 years, until the fingernails all grow through their skin...do you think they only do that when people are watching? nah!...also, what the Nag Babas can do with their penises made my eyes water...here is the video and viewer discretion IS highly advised, as it contains basically everything that prime-time TV isn't allowed to show...but I do this in the name of all that is spiritual...all that is real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGvK_9ugecM

After that, I watched a documentary I had seen before called "Aghori Babas, Living With The Dead" before watching a hell of a lot of Youtube Shaktipat Transmissions and how it was affecting the whole nervous system of people according to their bodies involuntary muscle spasms...yeah, that kept me interested for a while...I mean, one can only watch so much necrophagist cannabalism whilst trying to eat cheesecake.

Still, if all of that taught me anything at all, it was to respect my own spiritual lineage with due humility and silence when I am otherwise ticked-off by something...for you see, it's a-okay for a 'spiritual person' to be mad, angry, annoyed, upset, bored, frustrated etc, but it is NOT okay for them to show it, to speak about it or to share it with another living soul because then others know they still have all of these detrimental emotions...but as long as others don't know anything, that's alright then...it sort of condones all the silence, in a way...lest they open their mouths and immediately be 'not spiritual' by doing so.

I'm a proud Shaivite...a proud Kapalika....yeah, time I started acting like one!
Old 14-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
So...talking about 'bliss' and 'service' and 'things people do that nobody else notices' and 'spiritual people acting like clowns in a circus...'

Last night, it was a "Necro/Shivani Movie Night"...for about 8 hours, it was 'let's totally do spiritual India'.

I started out with a documentary autobiography on the life and times of Swami Vivekananda and his address to the World Conference of Religions in Chicago in 1893...well, that did nothing for me...absolutely nothing! zilch!

From there, I watched a documentary about the life of Adi Shankaracharya, subbed in English...it must have been made like 60 or 70 years ago...the quality of the movie was so bad and there were a lot of places where a scene was filmed, but not a single word spoken for 5-10 minutes...the only thing I got out of that one was the awesome conversation between one of Shankaracharya's disciples and a caged parrot...about how ants are free, but it will take them many births to climb a mountain, yet a parrot can scale a mountain in seconds, unless it is locked in a cage, of course...and so the parrot goes 'well, let me out then' and the disciple did...I felt quite liberated myself at that point...but the rest of the movie was a bit boring...blech!

From there, I started to watch a Ram Dass commentary on the teachings of Ramana Maharishi and I had to stop myself from falling asleep...the title was "Abide as That" and I'm like "mmmokay...NEXT" after about 20 minutes in.

After that, I put on a documentary called "Kings With Straw Mats"...all about the 1986 Kumbh Mela festival in Haridwar...and I was like; "this is more like it!" and the poetry/prose provided by Ira Cohen as a backdrop to it just blew mountains away! So yeah...there are Sadhus doing Tapas...holding their hand up in one position for like 20 years, until the fingernails all grow through their skin...do you think they only do that when people are watching? nah!...also, what the Nag Babas can do with their penises made my eyes water...here is the video and viewer discretion IS highly advised, as it contains basically everything that prime-time TV isn't allowed to show...but I do this in the name of all that is spiritual...all that is real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGvK_9ugecM

After that, I watched a documentary I had seen before called "Aghori Babas, Living With The Dead" before watching a hell of a lot of Youtube Shaktipat Transmissions and how it was affecting the whole nervous system of people according to their bodies involuntary muscle spasms...yeah, that kept me interested for a while...I mean, one can only watch so much necrophagist cannabalism whilst trying to eat cheesecake.

Still, if all of that taught me anything at all, it was to respect my own spiritual lineage with due humility and silence when I am otherwise ticked-off by something...for you see, it's a-okay for a 'spiritual person' to be mad, angry, annoyed, upset, bored, frustrated etc, but it is NOT okay for them to show it, to speak about it or to share it with another living soul because then others know they still have all of these detrimental emotions...but as long as others don't know anything, that's alright then...it sort of condones all the silence, in a way...lest they open their mouths and immediately be 'not spiritual' by doing so.

I'm a proud Shaivite...a proud Kapalika....yeah, time I started acting like one!
Go team.

Old 14-10-2017, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
when did i say i was a teacher? i do speak from my experience of bliss.

True, true. You do a good job talking from the real lived experience.
Old 14-10-2017, 04:03 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
when did i say i was a teacher? i do speak from my experience of bliss.

You're right, I apologize.
Old 14-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Kioma

Who's the serenest?

http://www.theonion.com/article/monk...pionship-20224
Old 14-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma

"When a person has shaved his hair and beard and put on the ochre robe, that's the symbol of his state as a monk. But it counts only on the external level. Only when he has shaved off the mental tangle — all lower preoccupations — from his heart can you call him a monk on the internal level.

"When a head has been shaved, little creeping insects like lice can't take up residence there. In the same way, when a mind has gained release from its preoccupations and is freed from fabrication, suffering can't take up residence at all. When this becomes your normal state, you can be called a genuine monk."

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/...ftsheleft.html
Old 14-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
This some theory you thought of? If it comes and goes, it's not real anyway. Joy is possible for everyone, but don't kid yourself that "bliss" is the end of the road. To say that actions/thoughts/deeds no longer matter is a parody of any genuine religion.

Everything is free to come and go, including the bliss - that is the bliss.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:12 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
You're right, I apologize.

wasn't any big deal. but thanx

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
True, true. You do a good job talking from the real lived experience.

thanx for your input gem

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-10-2017, 03:50 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Thanks running.