Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2017, 05:19 PM
jonesboy jonesboy is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,814
  jonesboy's Avatar
Levels/Layers of Progression

A friend of mine provided this and I thought I would share.

While I can provide mappings to other traditions/frameworks for those who have questions, the descriptions are an attempt to be traditionless. Additionally, for any of those that have the capacity/interest, all such layers have the potential to be demonstrated. For those who think of it in mind terms, it is easiest to think of as local mind is a subset of universal/shared mind. They are also not necessarily linear in level.



level zero - this is not really a level. It could also be called the primordial. Outside or beyond universal mind.



level 1 - base manifest existence. All physical stuff.



level 2 - base emotions. Things like anger and fear are the driving nature of this level of local mind.



level 3 - Individual sense of self. Think of it as the level of most egotistical people. 90% of humans.



level 4 - Opening of heart. This is a huge step and what many consider awakening. It is the fundamental shift of moving from being focused on your individual needs to truly caring about others. A good example is a truly loving parent.



level 5 - Subconscious connection to others and your local surroundings. It this level one tends to feel and sense energy of beyond their local body. But the conscious mind does not yet know how to distinguish between what is outside, and what is energy spilling over and creating images or emotions that are experienced in the (local) mind.



level 6 - Huge step as one begins to actually see and consciously notice what you could call universal mind/universe. Some call this open 3rd eye stuff. Beginning of true Astral level activity. But it is still based in the local mind view of sense of self.



level 7 - Classically called the open crown, this is when you start to get cracks in the local mind version of sense of self. One starts to notice/touch the divine/light. Anyone who reaches this stage will often experience a divine being (or guru) to help them cross over into the light/divine. No fear of death at this stage.



level 8 - Light/Divine with out differentiation. Rather than a linear level, it is much more like a quantum leap. The local bubble of mind/sense of self has been cracked. Direct access to universal layer, but no ability to differentiate. You feel you are one with everyone, but can't really access or help on individual basis. It is like "being" rather than "seeing". This is also called the "soul" level by many, and the person "radiates" light.

level 9 - Light with beginning differentiation. You are one with all humans and begin to integrate with plants and animals. Still mostly local.



level 10 - Expansion has continued to more planetary and includes inanimate objects. Can directly access all beings within your sphere of being to various degrees of refinement.



level 11 - Beingness has expanded across what people call different dimensions. Possible to create and play with pocket universes and have astral level people visit them.



level 12 - boundary of what people call time and space. At this level, you can perceive forwards or backwards in time. Also, the historical limit of physical form/manifestation for maintaining human form.



level 13 - at this level there is no longer and sense of male and female at a human level. Beginning of what some traditions call the "god realms".



level 14-16 - Higher form realms, nothing really easy to describe. Many divine beings or gods reside there.



level 17 and above - formless realms of potential. Can find some higher immortals and divine beings residing there.


Any thoughts or questions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 PM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,108
  naturesflow's Avatar
Interesting to read through these, thanks Jonesboy.
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:45 AM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,494
  God-Like's Avatar
I tend to see levels in reflections of self awareness .

Maybe at the end of the day that's all it boils down too .

If you see your own reflection of self in everything else then that is a different level of awareness that reflects a level of me, me, me ...


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2017, 12:58 PM
jonesboy jonesboy is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,814
  jonesboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I tend to see levels in reflections of self awareness .

Maybe at the end of the day that's all it boils down too .

If you see your own reflection of self in everything else then that is a different level of awareness that reflects a level of me, me, me ...


x daz x

Hi God-Like,

I believe the levels are showing how one goes from noticing stuff around them to being that stuff. An ever expanding process you could say.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Busby Busby is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 457
 
For me music well represents the differing layers of being. I think these levels you speak of are better described as octaves. But they are not defineable. We humans are certainly on one of the lower ones - if not the lowest, but each one of us is on his/her own tone within the octave and has the ability to move up (or down) into the next octave - and so continue.

It's impossible otherwise to define any sort of level as I cannot see into the next person's heart or mind. We can seldom say if a person is 'good' or 'bad'. (Whatever good or bad may be).

But music can be beautiful or cacaphonic, slow or fast, high-pitched or low- pitched, loud or soft, angry or calm - the list is endless. And isn't it amazing that most of us can tell when something is off key even though we may know nothing about music!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
jonesboy jonesboy is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,814
  jonesboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
For me music well represents the differing layers of being. I think these levels you speak of are better described as octaves. But they are not defineable. We humans are certainly on one of the lower ones - if not the lowest, but each one of us is on his/her own tone within the octave and has the ability to move up (or down) into the next octave - and so continue.

It's impossible otherwise to define any sort of level as I cannot see into the next person's heart or mind. We can seldom say if a person is 'good' or 'bad'. (Whatever good or bad may be).

But music can be beautiful or cacaphonic, slow or fast, high-pitched or low- pitched, loud or soft, angry or calm - the list is endless. And isn't it amazing that most of us can tell when something is off key even though we may know nothing about music!

Beyond seeing is knowing or being.

One can know where others are open and what they are capable of experiencing.

When one is looking at things as non-dual.. there really are not different layers of energy or of things. It is more our depth or realization that creates such separation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2017, 03:37 PM
shivatar shivatar is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 1,389
  shivatar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
A friend of mine provided this and I thought I would share.

While I can provide mappings to other traditions/frameworks for those who have questions, the descriptions are an attempt to be traditionless. Additionally, for any of those that have the capacity/interest, all such layers have the potential to be demonstrated. For those who think of it in mind terms, it is easiest to think of as local mind is a subset of universal/shared mind. They are also not necessarily linear in level.



level zero - this is not really a level. It could also be called the primordial. Outside or beyond universal mind.



level 1 - base manifest existence. All physical stuff.



level 2 - base emotions. Things like anger and fear are the driving nature of this level of local mind.



level 3 - Individual sense of self. Think of it as the level of most egotistical people. 90% of humans.



level 4 - Opening of heart. This is a huge step and what many consider awakening. It is the fundamental shift of moving from being focused on your individual needs to truly caring about others. A good example is a truly loving parent.



level 5 - Subconscious connection to others and your local surroundings. It this level one tends to feel and sense energy of beyond their local body. But the conscious mind does not yet know how to distinguish between what is outside, and what is energy spilling over and creating images or emotions that are experienced in the (local) mind.



level 6 - Huge step as one begins to actually see and consciously notice what you could call universal mind/universe. Some call this open 3rd eye stuff. Beginning of true Astral level activity. But it is still based in the local mind view of sense of self.



level 7 - Classically called the open crown, this is when you start to get cracks in the local mind version of sense of self. One starts to notice/touch the divine/light. Anyone who reaches this stage will often experience a divine being (or guru) to help them cross over into the light/divine. No fear of death at this stage.



level 8 - Light/Divine with out differentiation. Rather than a linear level, it is much more like a quantum leap. The local bubble of mind/sense of self has been cracked. Direct access to universal layer, but no ability to differentiate. You feel you are one with everyone, but can't really access or help on individual basis. It is like "being" rather than "seeing". This is also called the "soul" level by many, and the person "radiates" light.

level 9 - Light with beginning differentiation. You are one with all humans and begin to integrate with plants and animals. Still mostly local.



level 10 - Expansion has continued to more planetary and includes inanimate objects. Can directly access all beings within your sphere of being to various degrees of refinement.



level 11 - Beingness has expanded across what people call different dimensions. Possible to create and play with pocket universes and have astral level people visit them.



level 12 - boundary of what people call time and space. At this level, you can perceive forwards or backwards in time. Also, the historical limit of physical form/manifestation for maintaining human form.



level 13 - at this level there is no longer and sense of male and female at a human level. Beginning of what some traditions call the "god realms".



level 14-16 - Higher form realms, nothing really easy to describe. Many divine beings or gods reside there.



level 17 and above - formless realms of potential. Can find some higher immortals and divine beings residing there.


Any thoughts or questions?

Levels 1-5 are easy for me. Levels 0, 6-13 are considerably more difficult. How can I get better at experiencing the 0, 6-13 and beyond?
__________________
Honest
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2017, 03:54 PM
jonesboy jonesboy is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,814
  jonesboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Levels 1-5 are easy for me. Levels 0, 6-13 are considerably more difficult. How can I get better at experiencing the 0, 6-13 and beyond?

Each level is really a change in our being.

To progress most traditions have techniques that are progressive in nature to help one clear out more junk, which moves us along the path.

Meditation, energy practices like this one http://community.livingunbound.net/i...s#comment-1499 are designed to help clear out our junk/obstructions and take us deeper along the path.

If you are interested I can directly help you experience such things as described above.

All the best and thank you for the questions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2017, 04:16 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi God-Like,

I believe the levels are showing how one goes from noticing stuff around them to being that stuff. An ever expanding process you could say.


Yes, like you, I agree with God-like to. How each are at our own level, that expansion that each of you say. Levels within levels.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-10-2017, 07:07 AM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,494
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi God-Like,

I believe the levels are showing how one goes from noticing stuff around them to being that stuff. An ever expanding process you could say.

Hey :)

Reflecting on what is perceived being what they are or becoming / being 'that stuff' as you put it can be seen as being on par .

Your opening post speaking about chakra's opening and such likes illustrates how individuals can begin to see other stuff differently than before .

It's a new opening / reflection / level of perceiving self and everything else .


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums