Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-05-2024, 10:55 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The problem with words is that most people look at them as real things when in truth words are symbolic codes, they are not the things themselves which we attach them to.
Basically Kant's Transcendental Idealism and also very similar to the claim of Advaita Vedanta. Phenomena (things as they appear) and noumena (things in themselves). Advaita, being nondual, would perhaps modify that last part to "Noumenon (No-Thing in Itself)".

Space and time are merely the forms of our sensible intuition of objects. They are not beings that exist independently of our intuition (things in themselves), nor are they properties of, nor relations among, such beings.

The objects we intuit in space and time are appearances, not objects that exist independently of our intuition (things in themselves). This is also true of the mental states we intuit in introspection; in “inner sense” (introspective awareness of my inner states) I intuit only how I appear to myself, not how I am “in myself”.

We can only cognize objects that we can, in principle, intuit. Consequently, we can only cognize objects in space and time, appearances. We cannot cognize things in themselves.

Last edited by J_A_S_G : 23-05-2024 at 11:43 AM.
Old 23-05-2024, 11:03 AM
Knower
Yes, I agree about not needing to reinvent the wheel. But a new fun analogy comes to mind here. It seems that the human search to understand that which is (or non duality) is like Pinocchio's wish to become a real boy. He cannot truly become a real boy, but if his ties are removed he has a new freedom. The Real Life is right here. It is that in which Pinocchio's life is animated all along.
Old 23-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
He cannot truly become a real boy, but if his ties are removed he has a new freedom. The Real Life is right here. It is that in which Pinocchio's life is animated all along.
Yup. If Pinocchio can cognize, he is already that which he seeks but just hasn't realized. He's still bound to name and form and realization is liberation/freedom from name and form. That comes from the inner Guru, not the wheel. Better yet, it is the inner Guru that's always been there. Some might say by the Grace of God.
Old 23-05-2024, 01:59 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
That said, there are many paths and the universe offers each what is best suited for the veil of delusion to fall away. I’d say, simply sit in silence until identity drops away one day, revealing our luminous essence.

I get what you are saying.

But I do enjoy being a human with an identity. Must I have my identity dropped?

We are not here in the human form randomly or by accident. We are here with divine purpose for an amazing human adventure that took a lot of planning and coordination in advance for it to happen.

And when we are not in the human form and our multi-dimensional quantum energies merge with and return to being in Oneness with what some call God, we each will still have a unique multi-dimensional light and sound signature for identification.

The Oneness is oneness in love, compassion, benevolence, and joy. Not Oneness without identity to become nothingness.

What we do here as humans we had done on other similar young planets before this one. We just don’t remember by design because of the self imposed Veil of Forgetfulness. Being “disconnected” from God to start off as humans, we will often make very poor choices that bring harm and suffering to ourselves and to others. Harsh and life threatening encounters that are best forgotten as they are not commensuate to our spiritual evolution moving forward.

The spiritual evolution is the spiritual maturity to love. It is us uncovering what we truly are and why we are here, to then uncover the love within and express it through compassionate action. Efforts leading to peace on Earth.

Peace on Earth is not the final goal for humanity, rather it is the pre-requisite of much more benevolent things to come.

It is humans evolving from this 3d/4d part of reality to become multi-dimensional.

We all have work to do here. That is to bring paradise to Earth by the expansion of love.

And the first step to having sincere love is by having sincere gratitude. Be grateful to be alive here as a human to do what we do that is a part of a much bigger and grander divine plan impacting God’s new creations to come.

Final note, in multi-dimensionality there is no void or nothingness because everything visible and invisible to us are all energetically intertwined, connected, and entangled. That vast meld of conglomerate intelligent multi-dimensional energies heavily biased in love that some call God is infinite, existing everywhere and in everything from the smallest of the small to the biggest of the big.

All the best!
Old 23-05-2024, 03:55 PM
Master
@ Old Chap ~ If we say we enjoy the human experience, sure, why not? It depends of course whether the engagement is vibrant, playful and detached or a deluded desire, an addiction, a bondage, an attachment. Either which ways, the human body is transient, with a limited life span and awareness.

About love, yes, I’d agree that we grow in wisdom and love by our immersion here. In singularity there are no challenges and hence no learning. Maybe true life on earth begins after we have embodied the awareness of Self, breath by breath, in an unending continuum.

I really don’t know about multidimensional beings etc or densities like fourth, fifth or whatever since I’ve never experienced it. The Vedas speak of 64 dimensions, good to hear about, maybe true, maybe not, the point is parked. Whatever we read is of no use, unless we see directly. All I know of so far is the kundalini energisation leading to bliss in permanence and secondly, when ego drops off, we see our true self as living light in singularity, wherein we are in peace and feel complete.

Yes, God, you mentioned God. I’d say, yes, God is and He too is living light, as are we as Self, thus made in His image as scriptures affirm. However, I’d say we are an embryo, yet to be enabled by the threefold aspects of love, wisdom and power or Christ consciousness.
Old 23-05-2024, 05:13 PM
Master

In my opinion it is one thing to identify with a particular vibration without words and another thing to identify with a label which we, or others, may call us. One is the recognition of a particular frequency while the other is a surface naming of something or someone.

Am I really the name that my mother gave me, or the many names which I have been called by others, job titles which I have had, etc.? While I question this I do realize that most people develop a personality which corresponds with their birth name.

We hear our birth name so much, called by us and others, that our persona may take on the vibratory frequency related to the sound of our birth name, like a mantra or affirmation. Some people even look similar to their birth name. I have heard people tell people, “you look like a Bob, or you look like a Susan.“

They are referring more to the persona or vibration which that person exudes, and when a person changes their birth name they usually change their personality as well. So identity may go deeper than first realized. Although in the purest sense I do embrace that we at our core have no identity.
Old 23-05-2024, 05:22 PM
Knower
Let's consider the Singularity, as imo it explains the identity issue, love and God. A Singularity is infinitely one without division or limits. There is nothing other than it. The term Non Duality is used because One isn't strictly accurate, it is more like an Infinite One.

This Singularity can be called God. It is the only being. The world appears to be a multiplicity, but that is just an appearance of being separate and divided. There is only a Singularity. Identity arises through the belief and play of separateness within the one infinite being. We are not human beings. This is the apparently separate surface identity.

The love experienced as separate beings is that temporary glimpse of oneness. Imo the Singularity is pure undivided Love. It is the force that unites and brings us to oneness.

We Non Dualists ultimately seek the loss of personal identity, as we feel it to be the ignorance of separation. It's a false identity that seems to mask the true infinite nature. We are the Singularity, whether there appears to be a human experiencing life or not. And sometimes the human feels the pull of the Singularity, called Grace. It draws the assumed separate being into the bliss and clarity of infinite oneness.
Old 23-05-2024, 06:57 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
The soul awareness transcends form /matter . While it can/may recognize form/matter , it does not restricts its association with it .

I asked, 'So what could be present that constitutes matter or form? Something else that is not what you are that encompasses everything?

The soul and spirit does transcend form / matter but that's not answering my question. What is of the flesh that is not what we are?

You see what you are doing is now associating the spirit and the soul from what we are.

It's a change in context.

If a person is going to say I am everything then it means everything does it not?

So what is present that is of the flesh / form / matter that is not what we are, what we are that is everything?

x daz x
Old 23-05-2024, 07:06 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
T
Technically this is incorrect. Awareness transcends form and thereby the individuality you refer to.

When there is a person that says I am the tree, I am the Ocean, it has a self reference of what I am in reflection of what a tree is.

A statement is made because one has an individualised self identity in order to relate to what other things represent.

When there is a statement made that I am the tree, it is not made from an awareness of being a tree.

You are taking my questions out of context and answering with another.

No-one is disputing that there is transcendence of individual awareness.

What I am pointing at is that whilst of the mind there is individuality in these instances because there is individuality in effect. To suggest I am everything is from a mindful place. A place where one can associate oneself with all things.

It's not from a place of transcendence where one is beyond the mind and beyond self awareness.

So one has to understand the difference between the beingness of what you are that is beyond a thought of oneself, to there being statements made about I am everything.

They are a million miles apart.

x daz x
Old 23-05-2024, 07:13 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I just do not conceive seperating the finite from the ultimate infinite as a nonduality lived experience. The number one illusion or maya is any seperation of ultimate reality of any kind, shape or form!

There seems to be a fair bit of this dividing and separating going on which in my eyes isn't correct. The confusion occurs as I understand it is that peeps have a self measure of awareness and then reflect that upon everything else.

This is why peeps can make a division between the body, the mind, the spirt, the soul for use of better words.

All that is, or what you are, or what God is, is everything.

The point of self awareness is not to be taken as an accurate measure, especially when one wants to declare I am not the mind, I am not the body ..

In a way, it's not even correct to start from a position of I am, because that is a point of individualised self awareness.

This is how we are even able to say that I am not this.

x daz x