Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Master

If you want to learn more about evolution and how it relates to the Bible I recommend these sites:

http://jackwellman.blogspot.com/

http://scienceagainstevolution.org/

http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Bluegreen

An inordinate number of genealogies must have been left out of the Bible (oh my, not again) to arrive at 4004 BC for the creation of the world (or is it universe).

I think the Hindu numbers for the creation not only of this world but also the universe come much closer to those of science.
Do you think that carbon dating (and I believe there is now a better method?) is nonsense?

I know that the following is not 'scientific':

If it is true that for everything on this earth there is first a blueprint or template (Brennan's word) which blueprints serve as the moulds for all that we see, then evolution as described by Darwin is fiction.

If it is true, then for every species that has appeared on the planet there must first have been a non-physical blueprint.

Quote:
Yet this over-arrogant mammal homo sapiens presumes, in an excess of humility, that the other one and a half million species which share his little world have an expertise for turning wish into fact, threat into means of survival. ...
[...] No lichen, tree, fish, mammal can have a three dimensional existence unless it was initially assembled in a more differentiated substance...
Joan Grant
Old 13-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Christopher Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Do you think that carbon dating (and I believe there is now a better method?) is nonsense?

I believe carbon dating is spot-on and radiometric dating is way-up the creek without a paddle, for the simple reason the first and only calculation that gave us deep-time is somewhat flawed.

Beach pebbles are formed by the process of tidemark, they get bigger. They are not formed by aeons of erosion, even though it may look that way.

The building of the pyramids proof that when the rivers flowed through such places as the Grand Canyon the forming stone was soft and mud-like, hence the missing landscape has been washed ‘onto’ our shores, as sand. And each consecutive tide leaves behind a residue print of crud, and before the next incoming tide arrives the crud dries and hardens like stone over the shore.

The difference between religion and science is that the science faithful start their journey from modern man and calculate backwards, whereas the religious faithful start their journey from creation and calculate forward.

I would recommend reading the ReverseTheory

Old 14-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
An inordinate number of genealogies must have been left out of the Bible (oh my, not again) to arrive at 4004 BC for the creation of the world (or is it universe).
The first chapter of Genesis only tells us about the creation of the earth, not that of the entire universe. There is already a thread on this subject.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18879

This post is only part of this blog entry

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/creation-what-does-the-bible-actually-say/

in which I also show evidence from the Bible itself that the genealogies might not be complete.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Bluegreen

This is how everything came into being acoording to Theosophy:

Quote:
(1.) The Absolute; the Parabrahm of the Vedantins or the one Reality, Sat, which is, as Hegel says, both Absolute Being and Non-Being.

(2.) The first manifestation, the impersonal, and, in philosophy, unmanifested Logos, the precursor of the “manifested.” This is the “First Cause,” the “Unconscious” of European Pantheists.

(3.) Spirit-matter, Life; the “Spirit of the Universe,” the Purusha and Prakriti, or the second Logos.

(4.) Cosmic Ideation, Mahat or Intelligence, the Universal World-Soul; the Cosmic Noumenon of Matter, the basis of the intelligent operations in and of Nature, also called Maha-Buddhi.

The One Reality; its dual aspects in the conditioned Universe.

A difficult read:

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sd/sd1-0-pr.htm
Old 24-01-2012, 11:18 PM
abrams1111

I strongly believe that evolution does take place, however, I believe that it is a spiritual evolution first which results in physical changes. I do not know a lot about history, but I was reading about a period of time called "The Great Leap Forward". Scientists estimate this time period took place approx 10,000 years ago (according to how we measure time today) and is significant because the artifacts found during this time period indicate a "leap" in not only our physical skeletons but the complexity of artifacts found, farming tools indicative of new ways of cultivating the earth that involved some sort of "technology" and collective cooperation, burying of the dead, evidence of language and art that were not there before this period...as well as so many other pieces of evidence that humans advanced intellectually in a relatively short period of time and all of the sudden. This says to me that something took place that we do not understand, nor do the scientists. The only thing that makes sense is that something happened in the cosmos that caused us collectively to become smarter, more expressive and more humane. All three changes are due to thought or mind activity. Spirituality and our connection to it, in my opinion, is directly related to our mind's connection to the unknown or the cosmos. Becoming more spiritually connected may (and probably does) result in stronger, healthier bodies....I know that in my case this is true.
If evolution results from a higher vibration of thought, or, a by somehow attaining a stronger connection to our cosmos (or The Life Force of the Universe as I like to refer to our Creator)..and then we could say that due to higher thought, we become stronger physically, the argument of evolution becomes null and void.
The First (or The Life Force of the Universe) had thought, but no form. As the First evolved, It's thought evolved which resulted in form. Thought simply just keeps evolving and form just keeps perfecting itself along with the thought.
I know that this may not make sense, because I sometimes have a hard to time putting to words concepts that are in my head....but please challenge me to be clearer. It actually helps me understand my own thoughts better.
Old 25-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Hello

How it was put forth was nicely done.

I have often wondered on that paths and civiliazations that seem to have simply vanished. I have always wondered if we are not the "seeds" from another place put here on Earth. Yes it is said we share in the same DNA of the apes but too we are all carbon based life forms. All living things here are made up of the same life strands. So if we were to have been placed here to me it would make sense we would be given a similar make up to fit in.

I look to the civiliaztions that might or might not have existed.....Atlantis for but one of them. Real or not is not the debate I want here but more the wonderment of the possibilities. Then to take it further to maybe they were simply here as "visitors" and maybe had to leave as we were heading on a path we were not as man meant to head on.

So many shows Star Trek for one ( as I have that on TV right now) has that non interferance law in place. Have we as man expoored outwards ? Have other's come here to start down paths only to be stopped ?

What is that missing link ? There are for sure gaps in time...but too does "TIME" even exist or it it a mere man made concept or illution.

Lynn
Old 26-01-2012, 12:39 AM
abrams1111

Quantum science accepts the theory of parallel universes. Of course, our minds probably cannot truly conceive how this is possible, but we can always imagine what it means. I imagine that parallel universes are each person's individual thought. In other words, I live in my own universe of thought and you live in a different one. We share physical space, but our thought is based on completely different variables, therefore, nothing alike - or worlds apart. As far as different civilizations and what not, according to my own philosophy anything is possible (and probable) since thought has no limit. If there is anything that I can think of that represents infinity in a way that I can conceive of what that means - it would be thought.
With that being said, I believe that mere thought initiates creation and physicality brings creative thought to life. That is why we exist - G-d has imagined us to be and we are the physicality that brings G-d's creative thought to life.
But- if this is true, G-d is the root of all and can decide if His thought is working or not and, therefore, can scratch the plan and start over - as we know that He may have done (more than once possibly) according to the Bible.
Furthermore, if I am making any sense here, I believe that each of us are different lines of thought or possibilities (coming back to my theory of parallel universe).
In other words, while one universe may "work" another may not. Which would give credence to following a set of "laws" (or guides, as I like to think of Biblical laws) aiding us to survive optimally - which, I would think, would be the one thing that all creatures of thought have in common - we all want to survive.
I hope this makes sense.
Old 28-01-2012, 10:27 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Whether the bible is metaphor or incomplete, there is sufficient credible evidence to suggest beyond any reasonable doubt that the Universe is greater than 10,000 years old, greater than 100,000 years old, even 1,000,000 years old, and.. it's really unfortunate that the 'faithful' cannot resolve this glaring inconsistency in their beliefs.. there is also sufficient verbiage in the bible to reconcile this inconsistency, but the irrational clinging to beliefs will alienate interested but rational curious people.. it would be unfortunate that an Omnipotent Creator would play ambiguous metaphorical games with people's immortal souls..

Be well..