Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 08-06-2020, 12:36 AM
Deactivated Account

You want to come into my life - the door is open.

You want to get out of my life - the door is open.

Just one request.

Don't stand in the door -

You are blocking the traffic.

I'd rather stand with God
And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 08-06-2020, 12:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Those who understand

Cannot judge

Those who judge

Cannot understand

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 08-06-2020, 12:38 AM
Deactivated Account

It's better to walk alone

Than with a crowd going

The wrong way

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 08-06-2020, 12:40 AM
Deactivated Account

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 08-06-2020, 12:41 AM
Deactivated Account

My own opinion is enough for me, I don't care if I'm the only one who holds it.

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 08-06-2020, 12:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Friendships that insist upon agreement are not worth the name.
For friendship to be real, it must ever sustain the weight of honest differences, however sharp they may be.

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 07-07-2020, 10:51 PM
Master
"No party holds the privilege of dictating to me how I shall vote. If loyalty to party is a form of patriotism, I am no patriot. If there is any valuable difference between a monarchist and an American, it lies in the theory that the American can decide for himself what is patriotic and what isn't. I claim that difference. I am the only person in the sixty millions that is privileged to dictate my patriotism." - Mark Twain
Old 07-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Master
"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

Carl Sagan
Old 23-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Master
'The further society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.' - George Orwell
Old 23-07-2020, 10:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
'The further society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.' - George Orwell

Very true! Exactly what I'm currently experiencing - persecuted for having spoken the truth!

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God