Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If Buddhism doesn't apply - that explains the misrepresentation of Buddhism.

Most people who undertake meditation earnestly in a proper way will come to experience energy flows, but it's not usually sold as a desirable experience, considering of the implications of craving.

Gawd.

Can't we have desires without craving Gem ? I think we can, is it not the attachment that causes the problem ?
Mybe I've got confused somewhere.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I see a repeating pattern which misrepresents Buddhism. As one who has been involved in ashram sangha life, I know this is not 'the way' Buddhism is. I hope that people who might be interested in Buddhism as something to influence their spiritual path do not take the feeling of these threads as what Buddhism is like. It does not fit the label, 'Buddhist'.

The crude tone of speech indicates that the most basic of teachings are not truly understood. And the crassness does not demonstrate the sensitivity of self awareness which characterises Buddhist practice. Even the most basic principle of the 8 fold path are not apparent, and The aspect of 'right speech' has gone 'right' out the window.

This means the thread is only 'Buddhist' in name - which is misnamed.

As human beings with fine attributes we shouldn't neglect what is regarded as 'noble' in Buddhism here. I suggest participants engage in deeper self-awareness, remain aware of mental/emotional reactivity, and mostly, remain true to principles of 'right speech' (otherwise known as 'noble speech').

Why are you silent when people are putting down entire traditions?

Why are you silent when people are putting down an entire culture that has been persecuted for there Buddhist beliefs?

As a matter of fact I bet I could search through the various threads and seen where you have agreed with such behavior and participated in it.

Amazing how I never heard about right speech then isn't it.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you and your friend had an ounce of Compassion or Wisdom which is usually present in 'Spiritualy Advanced ' people as you proclaim to be then you would understand ' what is what ' . You both disgust me.

You encourage his racist behavior that is what is disgusting.

Saying someone is lost in the astral is nowhere close to what you are doing.

Think about your actions and what you have encouraged in thread after thread.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
A Loophole!.......Great,let the "Discussion" begin again.

Amazing isn't it?

You can actually show Buddhist teaching and techniques over and over that mention kundalini and still people will continue to deny it is Buddhist.

People don't want to learn what Buddhism is. If they did they would do some searching about it, post links to teachings etc.

It is all what they want Buddhism to be and if it doesn't fit then an entire culture, the most popular form of Buddhism is just denied, laughed at and told not Buddhist.

I really don't get that to be honest.

Since I have been adding to the discourse and continued posting will add no value to the discussion. Either from personal experience or from quoting texts I will take my leave from this thread.

All the best to everyone.

Bye.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You encourage his racist behavior that is what is disgusting.

Saying someone is lost in the astral is nowhere close to what you are doing.

Think about your actions.

Racist behaviour ??????? Where, when..... I have never seen any of this... It must have come from your imagination..
Old 08-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Can't we have desires without craving Gem? I think we can, is it not the attachment that causes the problem ?
Mybe I've got confused somewhere.

I'm not sure about the distinction. Desire seems the same as craving, but it comes in two types. The first is yearning for something that isn't here, and the second is wanting more. Desire, craving, clinging and that sort of thing can become an issue when people experience a free flow, and the issue of wanting more is a hard one to get past.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not sure about the distinction. Desire seems the same as craving, but it comes in two types. The first is yearning for something that isn't here, and the second is wanting more. Desire, craving, clinging and that sort of thing can become an issue when people experience a free flow, and the issue of wanting more is a hard one to get past.

Desire only becomes a craving if you are trying to fill a hole in your life.
If you have no hole in your life then desire becomes a creative force.
I Desire so I take action and I create what I Desire....This is why we are here as humans,to create in physicality.
I dont see Desire as a bad thing but I understand why some can have trouble with it.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I was thinking about Buddhists desires to reach enlightenment. I am thinking that desires are ok as long as they don't become cravings/obsessions, I must delve into this more
Old 08-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
Desire only becomes a craving if you are trying to fill a hole in your life.
If you have no hole in your life then desire becomes a creative force.
I Desire so I take action and I create what I Desire....This is why we are here as humans,to create in physicality.
I dont see Desire as a bad thing but I understand why some can have trouble with it.

I desire a cup of coffee right now but it's not a hole in my life, I just enjoy the taste, so if I can't have one will it become a craving or will I just enjoy water until another time... I can live without the coffee but I do enjoy it I surpose it's the way we deal with desires that causes the problems.

Healthy desires v unhealthy desires, that has to be the problem, which one's are the one's to choose,
Old 08-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I was thinking about Buddhists desires to reach enlightenment.

Yes that is worth thinking about and from the little I know of Buddha he went to extraordinary lengths to reach enlightenment,starving himself....its seems like he craved it