Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Master
Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East

All,

As long as I've been involved in this Spiritual Forum, I've quoted numerous times from the set of books for which this thread is entitled, as written by explorer Baird T. Spalding.

Since the time a wise friend loaned his hard copy of the 1st volume (of 6) to me over 30 years ago, I have used them to orient and enrich my understanding of Spirituality, along with numerous other sources.

I'd like to share the online URLs I recently discovered of 4 of the 6 volumes in PDF format to whomever may desire to benefit from the wisdom within.

Allow me to share the event documented in page 6 of just the 1st volume, which changed my life.

Excerpt on page 6 of Volume 1, from the Master called Emil speaking to Baird Spalding's group:

"I wish to call your attention more fully to the fact that man in his right domain is limitless, knows no limit of time or space. Man, when he knows himself, is not obliged to toil wearily along for five days to accomplish ninety miles. Man in his right estate can accomplish any distance, it matters not the magnitude, instantly. A moment ago I was in the village from which you departed five days ago. What you saw as my body still reposes there. Your associate, whom you left in that village, will tell you that, until a few moments before four o'clock, I conversed with him, stating that I would go to greet you as you would arrive here about this hour... [edited by staff/refer to copy and paste rule]"

These capabilities not be news to many in this forum, but reading about such for the 1st time 30 years ago, became the start of my journey of awakening, ignited by the realization WHY it is true that:

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.

Hope you enjoy these references as much as I still do, and have, since....

Reference: http://www.horuscentre.org/images/Li...hing-Vol_1.pdf

Reference: http://www.horuscentre.org/images/Li...-Vol_2.doc.pdf

Reference: http://www.horuscentre.org/images/Li...-Vol_3.doc.pdf

Reference: http://www.horuscentre.org/images/Li...-Vol_4.doc.pdf
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 14-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Master
I am just starting to RE-visit Baird Spalding's book, The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East, and he presents an interesting enigma that I am just now in the process of considering.

While credible doubts have indeed been raised about the authenticity of his reported travels among the masters and questions have even been raised about his mental stability, I am now paying more attention to the message as opposed to the messenger himself. Having been to the Khumba Mela with my own spiritual mentor and having personally met some remarkable beings myself, I am discovering that the little portions of Spalding's book that I have re-read thus far are resonating. However, my investigation is not yet complete.

I am wondering whether any other members here have read much of Spalding's 6-volume publication, which many consider to be fictional in nature, and what have been your observations on the MESSAGE.
Old 19-06-2016, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I am just starting to RE-visit Baird Spalding's book, The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East, and he presents an interesting enigma that I am just now in the process of considering.

While credible doubts have indeed been raised about the authenticity of his reported travels among the masters and questions have even been raised about his mental stability, I am now paying more attention to the message as opposed to the messenger himself. Having been to the Khumba Mela with my own spiritual mentor and having personally met some remarkable beings myself, I am discovering that the little portions of Spalding's book that I have re-read thus far are resonating. However, my investigation is not yet complete.

I am wondering whether any other members here have read much of Spalding's 6-volume publication, which many consider to be fictional in nature, and what have been your observations on the MESSAGE.

Still_Waters,

I thank you for your observations. I am aware of a couple of folks in these Spiritual Forums who have read Spalding's work.

As I mentioned in my original post, the part I referred to in his 1st Volume, was the beginning of a journey of discovery that is just as engaging today, 30 years from the 1st time I became aware of such knowledge.

Many passages in the pages of Baird Spalding's books inspired me. However, when I read the portion toward the end of Volume 3, on pages 71/72, where Spalding relates how Jesus was explaining about perceiving the truths or the fundamental scientific facts underlying all life and the way of attaining thereto, that really resonated with me:

Even when the shadow proved to be the cross and I could see beyond; the final awakening of a triumphant morn that passed beyond the understanding of mortal man, still immersed in fear, doubts, and superstitions. It was the very urge of this perception that sent me on, determined to drink the cup to the fullest draft, that I might know by actual experience and contact whereof I spoke; that man by the free will of God, coupled with his own free thought and pure motive, could prove for himself alone that God is divine; and that man, His true son, born in His image and likeness, is as truly divine as the Father is divine; and that this divinity is the true Christ that every man sees and perceives, is in himself and in all of God’s children. “This true Christ is the light that lights every child that comes into the world. It is the Christ of God our Father, in, through, and by whom we all have everlasting life, light, love, and true brotherhood—the true Fatherhood, the true Sonship, of God and man.

My primary observation is that much of what is said in the books makes sense to me because I can see myself actually applying the knowledge in them, instead of being cowed into believing that such accomplishments are beyond any means for "ordinary humans" to attain.

The "investigation" of Truth to discover Who we really are...is, and has always been, personal, as each of us travels, travails, and ultimately triumphs, on our respective journeys....as Jesus showed us how to do.

I hope you can speak of what you learned in the Spalding's work and the Khumba Mela that resonates with you.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 19-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Master
Khumba Mela Masters and Spalding's depiction of masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Still_Waters,

I thank you for your observations. I am aware of a couple of folks in these Spiritual Forums who have read Spalding's work.

As I mentioned in my original post, the part I referred to in his 1st Volume, was the beginning of a journey of discovery that is just as engaging today, 30 years from the 1st time I became aware of such knowledge.

Many passages in the pages of Baird Spalding's books inspired me. However, when I read the portion toward the end of Volume 3, on pages 71/72, where Spalding relates how Jesus was explaining about perceiving the truths or the fundamental scientific facts underlying all life and the way of attaining thereto, that really resonated with me:

Even when the shadow proved to be the cross and I could see beyond; the final awakening of a triumphant morn that passed beyond the understanding of mortal man, still immersed in fear, doubts, and superstitions. It was the very urge of this perception that sent me on, determined to drink the cup to the fullest draft, that I might know by actual experience and contact whereof I spoke; that man by the free will of God, coupled with his own free thought and pure motive, could prove for himself alone that God is divine; and that man, His true son, born in His image and likeness, is as truly divine as the Father is divine; and that this divinity is the true Christ that every man sees and perceives, is in himself and in all of God’s children. “This true Christ is the light that lights every child that comes into the world. It is the Christ of God our Father, in, through, and by whom we all have everlasting life, light, love, and true brotherhood—the true Fatherhood, the true Sonship, of God and man.

My primary observation is that much of what is said in the books makes sense to me because I can see myself actually applying the knowledge in them, instead of being cowed into believing that such accomplishments are beyond any means for "ordinary humans" to attain.

The "investigation" of Truth to discover Who we really are...is, and has always been, personal, as each of us travels, travails, and ultimately triumphs, on our respective journeys....as Jesus showed us how to do.

I hope you can speak of what you learned in the Spalding's work and the Khumba Mela that resonates with you.

While the Jesus quotes are interesting, what caught me most about the Spalding book was the overall message and experiences of which he talks. Although some may question the authenticity of his stories and some may consider them fictional, there are many things in his book that resonate with my own understanding of reality and my own direct encounters with masters at the Khumba Mela. I came away convinced that virtually anything is possible and that my paradigm of reality necessarily had to change. Furthermore, I became convinced (as you duly noted) that such accomplishments are indeed possible for all.

In 1998, I accompanied a revered sage of India to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar, India, and tired quickly of going to tents along the Ganges where many "commercial gurus" were preaching. I started to wander and, when one does, one discovers the so-called "hidden masters" who appear to be very ordinary but, when one encounters them, one is soon in for a major awakening. They are often solitary figures with no following and are thus readily approachable if one can recognize them when a connection is in the process of just happening.

For example, at the bandaras (feasts), we became aware of a simple elderly man sitting on the floor with the rest of us. He seemed "different" in a way that was hard to describe. When the acharya and the mahamandeleshwaras (the spiritual hierarchy) entered the area, they bowed and touched his feet . This confirmed our suspicions that there was indeed something quite different about him. The very next day, he appeared to two of us out of nowhere in an open field, responded to a question we were debating, and then disappeared as mysteriously and suddenly as he had appeared. While we were stunned by this, this was not viewed as particularly unusual by some of the sages and it reminded me of how Emil used to transfer his body at will in the Spalding work. As in the Spalding narrative, I encountered other remarkable beings and actually had the opportunity to communicate with them in extraordinary ways. Through direct experiences of this nature, one realizes without a shadow of a doubt that the worldly appearance is not what it appears to be and that all things are possible when one attunes to that which lies beyond it all.

It is generally not considered appropriate to talk at length about experiences such as these but the meetings with masters of the far east was a life-transforming event for me. Furthermore, one can add that such beings exist everywhere, including here in New York City. One has only to look and attune.
Old 19-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Soooo, funny...a must read for everyone in my opinion...a 'Gateway' must;
as is "Autobiography of a Yogi.

Oh, the quotes...''....there is no matter....'

I have 2 full Volumeswaiting for the right person to gift it to.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
While the Jesus quotes are interesting, what caught me most about the Spalding book was the overall message and experiences of which he talks. Although some may question the authenticity of his stories and some may consider them fictional, there are many things in his book that resonate with my own understanding of reality and my own direct encounters with masters at the Khumba Mela. I came away convinced that virtually anything is possible and that my paradigm of reality necessarily had to change. Furthermore, I became convinced (as you duly noted) that such accomplishments are indeed possible for all.

In 1998, I accompanied a revered sage of India to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar, India, and tired quickly of going to tents along the Ganges where many "commercial gurus" were preaching. I started to wander and, when one does, one discovers the so-called "hidden masters" who appear to be very ordinary but, when one encounters them, one is soon in for a major awakening. They are often solitary figures with no following and are thus readily approachable if one can recognize them when a connection is in the process of just happening.

For example, at the bandaras (feasts), we became aware of a simple elderly man sitting on the floor with the rest of us. He seemed "different" in a way that was hard to describe. When the acharya and the mahamandeleshwaras (the spiritual hierarchy) entered the area, they bowed and touched his feet . This confirmed our suspicions that there was indeed something quite different about him. The very next day, he appeared to two of us out of nowhere in an open field, responded to a question we were debating, and then disappeared as mysteriously and suddenly as he had appeared. While we were stunned by this, this was not viewed as particularly unusual by some of the sages and it reminded me of how Emil used to transfer his body at will in the Spalding work. As in the Spalding narrative, I encountered other remarkable beings and actually had the opportunity to communicate with them in extraordinary ways. Through direct experiences of this nature, one realizes without a shadow of a doubt that the worldly appearance is not what it appears to be and that all things are possible when one attunes to that which lies beyond it all.

It is generally not considered appropriate to talk at length about experiences such as these but the meetings with masters of the far east was a life-transforming event for me. Furthermore, one can add that such beings exist everywhere, including here in New York City. One has only to look and attune.

Still_Waters,

Again, much thanks for your illuminating comments.
Old 22-06-2016, 09:48 AM
What? These books are online now?

They are expensive...so this is very good news.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Soooo, funny...a must read for everyone in my opinion...a 'Gateway' must;
as is "Autobiography of a Yogi.

Oh, the quotes...''....there is no matter....'

I have 2 full Volumeswaiting for the right person to gift it to.

"Autobiography of a Yogi" is indeed an excellent "gateway", and I have given that book as a gift on many occasions. It's a good choice that I would also recommend.