Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisnotharmless
When I read your original post I was going to recommend doing more body work, starting from your toes and working your way up, but it sounds like you're already doing that.

What I find helpful whenever I encounter something like you've described, whether it's pain or tension or whatever else, is pause whatever I'm doing and focus on light. If it's just a general feeling, visualize a beam of white light coming down from space, through the top of your head, then filling up your body one piece at a time, finally leaving through the soles of your feet and going down into the center of the earth. Then, visualized a beam of read light coming up from the earth, filling up the white light channel, entering through the soles of your feet and leaving through the top of your head, going out into space. Spend a moment feeling those energies moving through you (white from the top down and red from the bottom up) at the same time.

If it's a specific feeling (like pain between your eyes) focus on those beams of light passing just through the point that is bothering you, then, once the issue starts to subside, let it pass through the rest of you as I described before.

The basic theory behind this is that the white light is the "higher" universal energy elevating you, and the red light is grounding earth energy. By using both, you're connecting the physical self and the spiritual self. Once you feel balanced again, pick up where you left off in your initial meditation.

Thanks I will keep that in mind.
It's not very painful and was just slightly painful.
I can feel the throbbing sometimes still but its not painful.
Maybe painful was the wrong word to use.
If i feel that again i will do that but since doing the mantra meditation everything is going smoothly so fingers crossed.
thanks for that
Old 23-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyme
This is an interesting thread for me because I have been meditating for about 25 years. I sit quietly, watch my breath coming in and out and I do use a mantra. There is research to show that meditation is helped with the sound vibration of a mantra since it aligns our energy system with a higher frequency. And having said that, the Eastern Wisdom traditions speak about the physical sensations that can happen as you go inside and allow your own inner energy to begin to move. Ask that energy, which is truly yours, to become quiet. Engage with it and let it know that you would like to go deeper inside to stillness. I hope your mantra meditation is going well.

The mantra meditation is going well thanks
I only doing mantra meditation for 3 days now and it feels good.
The other stuff is advance and maybe in time i will get there
how long does mantra meditation work?? how do u connect to your soul???
Thanks
Old 23-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Master
Mantra last up until the point in which every moment becomes a meditation, a samyama.

The important question isn't the effect, the show in meditation. The most important thing, the only thing that truly matters is, Is it improving your daily life?

If you are doing mantra meditation you stay on the mantra. When you notice you are day dreaming, or not on the mantra, gently go back to the mantra at whatever level that may be. It is the space between being on the mantra and then off of it is when you have touched your inner silence.

Anything else is just scenery. The true work is to be on the mantra and then lose it and to come back to it. It is only that which will continue to improve your daily life. If you see a vision of Jesus on a fiery chariot calling to you.

What do you do?

You go back to the mantra. Jesus will understand and if it is really important he can visit you in other ways.

How do you connect to your soul?

You meditate.
Old 24-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Mantra last up until the point in which every moment becomes a meditation, a samyama.

The important question isn't the effect, the show in meditation. The most important thing, the only thing that truly matters is, Is it improving your daily life?

If you are doing mantra meditation you stay on the mantra. When you notice you are day dreaming, or not on the mantra, gently go back to the mantra at whatever level that may be. It is the space between being on the mantra and then off of it is when you have touched your inner silence.

Anything else is just scenery. The true work is to be on the mantra and then lose it and to come back to it. It is only that which will continue to improve your daily life. If you see a vision of Jesus on a fiery chariot calling to you.

What do you do?

You go back to the mantra. Jesus will understand and if it is really important he can visit you in other ways.

How do you connect to your soul?

You meditate.

Hi Jonesboy
Since i have been doing the mantra i feel more alert tonight for 3 hours now sso i hope so.

I say the mantra silently in my mind and stay on the last syllable till i breath in and say the mantra again.The thing is i stay on the mantra all the time and sometimes i fall asleep.
On what should i concentrate on(my anchor point)
Why is when you off your mantra your inner silence?just asking?

Thanks my friend
Old 24-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Master
Hi Anthony,

I am going to post some links. Yogani explains things much better than I do.

How to meditate with mantra.

Lesson 13 - Meditation -- Awakening the Silent Seed

Lesson 17 - Meditation Q&A – Was I asleep?

I would encourage you to try this method.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)
Old 25-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Master
Thanks for all your help
Will do that mantra meditation