Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
When you say that we "choose" karma, do you mean that we do so by the choices we make? And how is it a guideline?

As for time, Seth (Jane Roberts) agrees with you and says that both past and future can be changed.

When I explain karma to another I include free-will. I'm not sure if guidelines ever include it.

For me, everything is part of the whole which includes the physical and spiritual even when I am told they are not, so who knows. Is it so hard to consider the thought without giving up ones belief, that free-will is part of the destiny created called karma. So many times I've heard difficulty seeing path includes karma. Karma follows karma. We influence karma and the direction and circumstances, but the decision one make is on going.

Karma, free-will, destiny, path are words we're familiar with. Remember, this karma we have moves in cycles changing and established the conditions and circumstances consistent with itself tied to our lives. However it does not mean it cannot be changed which then affects the next life. Though we are bound by karma it is not written in stone but on going.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
I'm not sure if we are here to 'balance' anything because I don't believe in balance. What are we balancing?

When I say balance I am thinking of adjustment. When we walk we disturb the air around us which then adjusts until there is equilibrium again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
For me, everything is part of the whole which includes the physical and spiritual even when I am told they are not, so who knows. Is it so hard to consider the thought without giving up ones belief, that free-will is part of the destiny created called karma. So many times I've heard difficulty seeing path includes karma. Karma follows karma. We influence karma and the direction and circumstances, but the decision one make is on going.

I agree that everything is part of the whole.

I don't see why it would be impossible to have karma as well as free will. It is our free will, that is the choices we make, which creates karma. In my view there is always action and reaction whether on earth or in other dimensions. There can be no stasis so long as the universe exists.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I don't see why it would be impossible to have karma as well as free will. It is our free will, that is the choices we make, which creates karma. In my view there is always action and reaction whether on earth or in other dimensions. There can be no stasis so long as the universe exists.

You are correct, it is not. The karma you have is often made and carried forward. Karma means something done is part of the next cycle.
Old 13-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Juanita

What an interesting thread...I have to agree with Bluegreen on most of this...Karma is simply the law of cause and effect, or action/reaction--or for you christians "you reap what you sow". The eternal now may not be as chaotic as it might appear to be..As spiritual beings temporarily in a physical body, most people can read, watch tv and listen to the radio or carry on a conversation all at the same time--or even what we call multi-tasking......how much more is a being of light/spirit able to do/feel/communicate/reflect/anticipate in the Now of the higher realms... Karmic retribution--good and bad--is very much about balance.....