Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
Being facetious if someone doesn't believe in it, how can they make a judgement call that it isn't something else? The implication that something isn't something is that it is something else

Like I say, just being facetious

Fair enough. But in this case, we could say they're not the same thing since one exists and the other doesn't. Existence vs non-existence is a clear categorical difference between somethings, yes?

In the end, it's pretty irrelevant how we answer these questions. Our answers are only maps of the territory. Use whatever map is useful to you. I find terms like "higher self" useless or pretentious, so I don't use them. Heck, I don't much like the term "spirit guide" either. The otherworlds have denizens, and you can have relationships with them that cover the entire scope of anything you can have with a human (and then some). "Spirit guide" is too narrow of a term to describe that territory to me. For better or worse, discussion of otherworldly denizens is dominated by the term, so I'm somewhat forced to use it in order to converse with people. >_>
Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
n2mec

For me, who is to say they are not one in the same especially if the answers is the same.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Master
Ascension: The higher self can be the guide itself , so when you ask or seek questions in a sense you are the one answering your own questions because the higher self is you . For the spirit guides they are separate individuals , you are you and they are who they are .

This is how I see it too.

Xan

Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 PM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension
The higher self can be the guide itself , so when you ask or seek questions
in a sense you are the one answering your own questions because the higher self is you . For the spirit guides they are separate individuals , you are you and they are who they are .

Ascension puts it beautifully! Our higher self is nothing but our pure soul, which is a pure consciousness that is the reservoir of Infinite knowledge. The goal of life is to rediscover this soul which is our true self. The soul is the source of all our intuitions, and all inspirations and all morality. it is our inner voice of conscience.

A guru or guide is an advanced soul that helps us down this path of discovering our own soul as the source of all knowledge. Many times in life's tough situations we lose direction and a guru is there to guide us back on the path.

On my website I have an article about what our soul is like. It is based on the advaita vedanta teachings of Swami Vivekananda. Do stop by to read if this interests you further.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Sungirl

I liked Kryon's understanding of the Higher Self. This is the part of you that has been there through all your past lives. This is the part of you that knows everything about you, all your past and (if you think of time as non-linear) all of your future and all your possibilities too.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Master
Your higher self is You at a higher level than your personal self in the world... yet still You.

Xan

Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Experiencer
Okay you fantastic bunch of people. Here is an experience of mine that boggled my mind, but now I understand and embrace fully!

So, at the start of my journey on finding my guides I encountered 3.
Serena
'Renna'
David.

Serena, was more so an angel guide and I felt her VERY prominantly.
'Renna' was very cold and serious, but wise nonetheless.
David, my TF and attuned to mediumship - at this current moment my main guide.

So a few weeks pass, and it turns out 'Renna' is actually my soul name, and my guide's name is Nina. I recieved this information from Nina.

A couple of more weeks pass, and I slowly feel Serena fade.. things go silent and David is the only one whom I seem to be able to 'Feel.' Around me.

Turns out Serena - Nina were aspects of mySelf and in all actuality - I was guiding mySelf unawares.

Currently, these aspects are obivously still a part of me - but I am in contact with mySelf more fluidly day to day.

Very bizarre, and this is very breif but it fit snuggly in here!

Namaste

Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Henri77

Kryon has the view that guides & angels are really parts-extensions of our self, as of course is higher self. Rather than separate intelligences.
This video discusses intuition ,guides & angels.
And he gets to guides at 18 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMXo6ZaZ9M

An entity without physicality can likely see a perspective we cannot, and that's why his perspective is valuable on certain topics ,I feel.

We might name guides & angels but that doesn't make them necessarily wholly distinct from ourselves.

Last edited by Henri77 : 04-10-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Master
Henri... This raises a question.
Is it that these higher beings who are our guides and angels are parts/projections of us, or are we extensions of them?
Do we really believe it all starts here in this dense dimension of limited human understanding?
or could this world be just fall-out from purer levels of creation above?

Xan

Old 04-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Henri77

This dimension where our body lives , is where our celestial body also hangs out.... (from OUR perspective)

Many have commented-suggested , that when we incarnate, a good percentage of our essense is "left behind" .....(in "another dimension") So why not have other aspects visit us from that dimension ..... as our higher self does...

Again from 3d we cannot see-comprehend the overall chemistry-soup , that makes up our total reality-being...IMO

I'm a big fan of Drunvalo Melchizedek.

He described meeting his 2 angels 30+ yrs ago ...they appeared in meditation and described themselves as aspects of him, and have stayed with him like 30 yrs.

A few years after meeting his angels , he glimpsed another. golden angel, and it finally appeared to him with a cryptic message about light, that took him years to understand.

Sometime later, during a workshop, while performing an Indian ceremony, this golden angel appeared and merged with him..... and he understood it to be his higher self. As he was ready for full integration, I assume.

I have no definitive experience-opinions but rely on those with deeper insight to help us understand better these things.

I can see some beings, occasionally fairies, angels, "saints"... ,but have never seen my angels, guides.... but only those who chose to appear for one reason or another. So my understanding is far from complete-personal.