Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by metarealityseeker
I am also very curious as to why people want to AP? It is a truthful question as I am not understanding it's purpose and what goals one can reach during this incarnation by being able to AP....

Fill me in please :)

AP or travelling in spirit is a gift that Light/Divine/God gives. Its meant I believe for individuals in flesh to be able to help others in different ways.. I see some use it for fun.. visiting others or places..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 14-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
AP or travelling in spirit is a gift that Light/Divine/God gives. Its meant I believe for individuals in flesh to be able to help others in different ways.. I see some use it for fun.. visiting others or places..

+1

Old 15-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
Since getting off the cycle of birth - death those that cling to ignorance are trapped in is the purpose of Buddhism/Dzogchen, and they sound neither convincing nor reasonable to you couldn't belong to a sangha.

Has anyone listed any nefarious reasons for projection? Case a place to rob, corporate espionage, check up on your significant other, watch what the neighbors are doing, are there no guys out there contemplating being peeping toms? Since the question was only why one might want to AP those could also be reasons.

LOL! That Sahaja is so spiritual and so knowledgeable in esotericism! He is also unique as the first one to mention the nefarious reasons.

Btw, everyone, some of the main reasons for projecting are listed in my thread here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=34714

You should check it out, Sahaja. You might learn something...
Old 18-06-2012, 10:11 AM
metarealityseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
Hi metarealityseeker, and welcome

Probably for the same reason we desired to incarnate into the physical; to grow, to understand, there are literally a multitude of reasons... Those who have Astral Projected into real time know what it feels like to stand over your own body, look down and know you are more than you thought. All fear all doubt is completely gone; the reality knowing that you are not a human body with a soul but in fact you are a soul occupying a human body becomes solidified. My question is why wouldn’t you want to AP? This is who we are, we are multi-dimension beings and there’s so much more to us than we could ever imagine.

Wow thank you. This thread is truly helping me open my eyes and understand an area I am shyishly extremely new to. I mean I understood "what" it was etc and some of what i read and saw (not necessarily on here) was about having sex while APing etc..
I have to say it is a breathe of fresh air to see that is really not the main reason people choose to AP

I do think, IF I could ever accomplish such a thing it would be pretty awesome but for some reason there is some fear for me in it too. I am not sure what but there is a small part that scares me I have no clue, go figure. I suppose it's the 'unknown' i'm not sure.
Old 18-06-2012, 10:22 AM
metarealityseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
Tell me about it… the only thing in life I have ever regretted was walking away from my meditation practice.

As you probably know the changes that occur during the process of long term meditation is that not only do you spiritually transform on a daily basis, but the world as you knew it no longer looks the same either.

I was seeing people much clearer than they saw themselves; the anger, the manipulation, the confusion, the pain… and of course there were brief moment’s beauty. In essence it seemed everyone around me was just plum crazy!

I could no longer relate to anyone, and I mean no one. And of course, the reason I stopped, I no longer recognized my own wife; it seemed she was crazier than all of them.

And the worst part of it was I knew it all along; and I still gave up meditation like a fool.

I guess I felt I needed to fit into a lifestyle I cared nothing for in the first place just to be happy… hmmm… now who is the crazy one??? tehe

Of course all of that is in the past, and now look at it as a necessary stage in my spiritual development.

I can still feel it all so deep within me, it’s figuring out how to reopen this channel that’s proven much more difficult than I could have ever imagined. Something tells me you know this as well…

I apologize for such a lengthy answer; I reduced it as much as I could.

Greg

Your apologizing??? HA for WHAT exactly!! I am glad to feel 'normal' I was EXACTLY the same way and so much of my life was a beautiful 'observation' instead of internalization of events that it has now again transformed back into. I hate it but I hate it enough to do something about it and have decided that the only ONE thing NO ONE can strip from me is my time to meditate and become centered.

If anyone else around me wants to stay in low level energy and act ridiculous they still do not have the ability to hurt me or take myself away from ME....

Make sense?

Becoming 'aware' is such a paradox. Sometimes life was somewhat easier in the ego based ** that I lived day in and day out when I could blame the world for my sorrows and ailments. NOW I no longer do that. I own everything created into my existence and it has caused me to take a hard starch look inside ME. I am no longer polishing a mirror hoping it changes the reflection. I am changing what it reflects ALL TOGETHER...Tough and yet liberating all at the same time. CRAZY huh?

SOOOO Greg lets get back to where and who we are. Let's get back and regain that which no one can steal from us unless we allow them too. Let's remember that life never happens TO us but rather for us. Circumstances, events and situations have no power except that which WE give it. Lets turn the energy back on ourselves where it belongs and divorce ourselves from the opinions of others.

Allow others to evolve in whatever manner they need to that serves them best and respect that while taking care of our own soul's evolution
Old 18-06-2012, 07:55 PM
4everaspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by metarealityseeker
Wow thank you. This thread is truly helping me open my eyes and understand an area I am shyishly extremely new to. I mean I understood "what" it was etc and some of what i read and saw (not necessarily on here) was about having sex while APing etc..
I have to say it is a breathe of fresh air to see that is really not the main reason people choose to AP

I do think, IF I could ever accomplish such a thing it would be pretty awesome but for some reason there is some fear for me in it too. I am not sure what but there is a small part that scares me I have no clue, go figure. I suppose it's the 'unknown' i'm not sure.

I didn't know what I was looking for when I first started to AP. I just was trying to use what other people said about it as help to find out what I was looking for. One night though. I had it happene..and I must say, during the sleep paralysis part I was like "OMG THIS IS IT YAY!! HOLY ****. I've got it!" but the part when I actually literally just slipped out of my body and to the side freaked the freaky out of me. I was like O________O This.....is.....real. There is another me inside me :o Needless to say I didn't stay out long because I was flailing around, scared out of my mind that I had just a moment ago been in bed, but a werid etheric me just slipped out of me and that was where my awareness was....

:P It's perfectly okay to be scared and shy of it, but it will definitely grow on you. It's pretty awesome. Now I have done several of them. I haven't had as cool of experiences as some people. I have only managed to really float around my house and even that...is pure epicness.
Old 19-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite

Please give me some practical examples where and how AP has been used to help others.