Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 28-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Have you picked a guide to follow on these forums? If you want my input, I think you already have sound advise. "Shrug it off"

You should listen to yourself.
I'd be more inclined to agree with Johnathanrs...I take a lot of what others say with a grain of salt. Sometimes something may feel like it rings true but when it's all said and done, I have to do the final check myself. Everyone's different and some believe in something because they may want it so badly.

For me, I think I have pretty spot on intuition. I would love to hear from spirit or guides or something but I wouldn't know if it was real unless it smacked me in the face a few times...and still I'd probably question that. I will not rely on anything when I'm extremely emotional. In that state, I want relief fast and so if something pops in my mind, ah, go away...I don't want bull fabricated fairytales to make me feel good for the moment like a drug fix. If something is continually pressed into me...a same thought just coming up repeatedly or hearing a phrase. (lately it's been "Move On" everywhere! I hear it, I see it, I read it LOL. So I'm moving on... same with Let it go. All over the place but thankfully I'm not hearing that dreadful annoying song...

Sometimes a peace just washes over me and a feeling of stability that everything is doing as it should and for reason and I'm growing and it's all for my best interest. My ego would want to tear me apart and wash the floor with me and it does...including this past weekend. Horrible. Just horrible. I'm still fighting with it today and desiring to shove a rag in the mouth of the ego to shut it the blank up. But even though all that, something is trying to get my attention to relax, Sarian...let it go, move on, everything is working out just as it should...and also keeps reminding me what I need to be doing and haven't been.

I think you will just know and it may not always be what you want. Oh, and I've seen some people and wowie, wowie. I attribute it to perhaps knowing them in a past life but while I've never seen them again since the connection of really feeling like I know them through spirit is amazing. have to say I do wish they were part of my life now..because they are just the kind of people, at least they give off that vibe, that I would want in my life now. it's odd, but nice.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Pathfinder

Spirit voices

The thing is how do we know that our 'inner voice' is not just one facet of Spirit? We are One after all.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Lorelyen

Time, patience, contemplation. There are ways you can seek a definite answer (and a guide for that matter) but they take a heck of a lot of self-discipline and some training.
And a candle. The fire elementals are the easiest way to make contact in the world of spirit.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Suspended
Guide

Since I don't believe in evil entities, I think of it as a matter of trust in myself - my own intuition guiding me even if it could or might come from a spirit guide ...
This is a good question ...
I resolved many of those kinds of questions ...
Old 10-12-2016, 05:14 AM
Master
Our inner voice is our guidance. The way they communicate is pretty natural, through our thoughts and dreams and our own voice. If you have guides who 'show themselves' that feels a little different but it isn't really so different. You can trust your own voice and your own intuition and sense of knowing.

I happen to have guides who 'show themselves. When I was first aware of that, they were training me how to work with them. They would use accents so I would clearly know who was speaking. I understand it now, and I usually just talk to myself, and guidance comes through that way..It is more natural and normal not to talk amongst myself and to use only the one voice. I also know what is being said without hearing words at all.

As for guidance from others. We are supposed to listen to the words of others for clues and guidance but not necessarily obey them or follow their advice. Messages are spoken through the mouths of others and we are supposed to be open minded and intuit what is for us to hear.

That was one of my first lessons. I had to talk to people because my guidance came through that way. I would listen and know it was for me to hear. I would have to seek people out, not just to listen to their words, but to hear my own. I get messages in so many different ways, and I have to know them all, but that is one way..

Nowadays, I keep my ears open but I don't expect every utterance to be divine.

Recently some stranger wanted me to do something and he was a little odd. I got the nudge to do what he said. I heard the words and I got the nudge that is how I know what to pay attention to and what to ignore.
Old 17-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Like some of the others, I can only share my experience. My guides do not speak words to me (only my mind seems to prattle on.). I will get a strong vision or hear a sound that immediately brings the vision in my minds eye. This usually happens first thing in the morning before I am completely awake.

It would seem to me that since we can only use our physical senses to interpret what our guides want to communicate...and we each have some senses that are stronger than others...that our guides will try to use the methods that will be easiest for us to understand.
Old 18-12-2016, 02:54 AM
Master
As we become more advanced and progress further along the spiritual path, raising our energies, we can discern those voices that come from without and those which are merely our own thoughts.

It also can get quite hairy at times because these voices can also become functions of our own thought process, because we allow ourselves to dwell on such things until the neural network pathway becomes firmly established.

I am clairaudient and for a long time I was stuck in the whole 'how much of what I am hearing is actually ME?'

Thing is, I wasn't asking the question, other people were which then made ME ask the question.

People told me the voices were 'good' or 'evil' or belonged to 'angels' or 'demons' and they could either be advising me or lying to me on any given day - so I became totally confused.

I wasn't meant to be totally confused about it or else I wouldn't be hearing voices and I could forget what others said or what I thought I knew and just ask the spirits directly, seeing as how I could communicate with them.

In the end, I realised it made no difference what I heard or where the voices came from - if they spoke with love and were helping me to see beyond the limitations of 'self' then the voices couldn't be all that bad.

If they weren't telling me to do 'bad things' or harm another soul, or fill my being with negativity, where was the problem?

When one is centred within their own being or their own divinity, then every voice is a voice from the Creator, Himself.

It took quite a while before I was able to openly admit that I talk to God and He talks back - mostly out of fear of ridicule or persecution...but then I thought 'why hide the truth'? and just because another may say that it's not true, doesn't lend any weight or credence to the whole experience whatsoever.

Basically, when a voice talks to you, you need to say 'cut the rubbish and tell me the truth' and keep saying it over...and over...and over.

In the end, the Truth itself will speak and you won't be able to say 'cut the rubbish' anymore.

This is how I achieved it.