Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Master
Looking for Shaman/Priest

Hello.

I feel a calling to serve in Gods name, I was advised to seek a shaman/priest who could help clarify my life path in regards to this and to help see what overcoming a drug addiction means in relation to my spiritual path :)

Please let me know if anyone can help :)
Old 04-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Master
Hi there! I hope you find what you are looking. I am no shaman or priest, but I can tell you that my overcoming drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes is definitely correlates to my spiritual path. When I began to accept my inner Authentic Spiritual Self, all the unhealthy habits that I used to block out that inner Light began to fall away quite naturally. It wasn't so much about resisting and getting rid of the alcohol or ciggies, it was more about embracing the goodness within instead. Safe travels and good luck! ^_^

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 04-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Master
Ah bless you, thank you! Yes you put it so perfectly, I felt I was blocking my authentic self and my true emotions, wanting to embrace who I am fully has made it easy to give up. Thank you for your kind words! Blessings to you on your journey

Love your heart display pic by the way, very groovy
Old 11-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Master
Anyone in Southern UK that is aware of anyone of this nature? Preferably near London?
Old 11-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Lorelyen

I'll PM you.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Master
Have replied, thank you :)
Old 11-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Master

Hi Ladyrose. I drank alcohol for years, and didn't feel (and still don't feel) it impeded my spiritual journey. I don't drink now, but that is for personal reasons aside from my spiritual journey.

That said, the first thing I thought of when you said, "seek a shaman/priest who could help clarify my life path," was Carlos Castaneda's series of books. He did use Indian drugs (when he was further along in the teachings) to enhance his spiritual journey but he was out in the middle of nowhere learning from a shaman over a period of years.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Seeker

Hi Ladyrose92.

I know someone, I will PM you.

x
Old 12-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Master
Hi Linen :)

I will look into those books, thank you, Ive been looking for reading material to help me progress further and was having difficulty so thats great :)

Twinowl, thank you I have replied :)
Old 13-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Experiencer
Hello' Ladyrose:

Now, the issue of a drug or other personal addiction often has little relevance to one's spiritual movement or evolution other than....as a form of escape or added focus for better relaxation which can assist an individual when he or she attempts trance or channeling state.

Now, as I look deeply into your energy patterns, aura and Soul level consciousness...it appears that you are ready for greater spiritual awareness and expansion of consciousness. Therefore, it is vital that you understand and develop your base level of consciousness, and this relates to “Beliefs”.

All things within your reality relate to belief systems held by the individual, and also in the collective. Therefore, if you are choosing to be engaging an issue personally within yourself, you also engage a belief system attached.

Your experiences are ... experiences! They are creations to offer yourself sensual, physical experience; for within physical focus, you manifest for this reason; to experience through your physical, objective senses. In this, you attach belief systems to these experiences. You label these experiences as good or bad, as acceptable or unacceptable. Therefore, you look to outside belief systems, mass belief systems, to be helpful. You temporarily align yourself with mass belief systems, which offer you explanations of right and wrong, and you are finding this to be insufficient.

You now align with new belief systems of metaphysics. Now, you are moving through the belief system, allowing yourself the opportunity to be trusting of self.

The issue that you hold, of right and wrong, of good and bad, creates much conflict and confusion within you. It is an accepted base level belief system. Therefore, within the norm, you align yourself; for if you are not accepting of the official psychological norm within these very base belief systems, you may be labeled insane or criminal!

Now; your perception follows your beliefs. Altering or widening a belief system may not occur so instantaneously, for you do not believe that it shall! Therefore, your perception follows your beliefs. Your belief system is your personal responsibility, which you control in manipulating your environment personally.

You Ladyrose, are presently in movement of “Widening your perception!”
You need only allow yourself an altering of your perception. Realize that you hold belief systems. Allow yourself an acceptance of these belief systems. This is not to say, allow yourself a reinforcement! Acceptance is not necessarily reinforcement and perpetuation of these belief systems!

You shall move through the limiting belief systems when you allow yourself the opportunity to accept your own self and expression as perfect; for it is a perfect expression of yourself, within the present now, always.

You create your own reality! You choose your own choices for your own experiences, within each moment of physical existence. Therefore, you are not the victim of your past experiences, so to speak.

In this, as I look even deeper into your mind and Soul, it appears that you engage a belief system; that you have been taught and mentally conditioned by, throughout your focus, by other individuals who have exercised control over you; for clearly, you often perceive a sense of.... no free will! Therefore, you are reduced to nothing but the product of your experiences! This is incorrect! You have chosen your experiences, just as all other individuals choose their experiences.

You have moved into an area where you have presented yourself with the opportunity to alter your perceptions of your reality. This is the point of your current perceptional shift. I offer information to you, in the hopefulness that you shall utilize this information and use this helpfulness to avoid trauma within your perceptional shift by allowing yourself, in smaller increments, to be shifting.

Do not be fooled by your rationale, within your scientifically logical mind, which suggests to you that within your physically-focused psyche, you either possess complete control of all that you encounter, or you possess no control of all that you encounter. Neither of these concepts are, in actuality, complete or correct. They are perceptions which you accept into your reality. As I have stated, your perceptions always, follow your beliefs.

The point of your current perceptional shift is to widen your awareness of belief systems, and to be accepting of these belief systems.
Within acceptance of belief systems, you feel no need, inside of you individually, to hold control; for you hold the understanding of the true control, that you already possess. There is, in actuality, no issue of control! You choose the issue of control within physical; not only this particular physical focus, but all dimensions of physical focus.

As you widen your awareness of belief systems, you also, begin to utilize an understanding of how your belief systems align with mass belief systems. In this, you restrict your individual self. You have learned to distrust and discount yourself. You have learned, through alignment with mass belief systems, that it is unsafe to be expressing of your individuality. Therefore, you deny your individual talents, creativity, and abilities; for if you are expressing of these abilities individually, you set yourself apart. You become “different.”

You shall eliminate much conflict by allowing yourself to view the unnecessary element of control issues; for you allow yourself acceptance of self and trust of self in this, which far out-weighs your small concept of control. If you are trusting of self, you feel no need to be controlling of self, or any other element.

I hope this offers you a small perspective of the inner workings of your reality.

In Light & Peace Taoist