Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 02-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Knower
Writing

Sometimes, words line up excited, in a queue
Jostling impatiently until they find their rightful place
As I scribble, bemused, wondering how they found me

Sometimes, I peer into the far, far distance
Seeing only space, hearing nothing
As if words have found something much better to do

Sometimes words show up in all their finery
And we begin to dance in perfect lilting rhythm
And times passes in a blur of waltz and light

Sometimes, words and I just stop, for long moments
As if we all heard a bell ring, or a trumpet sound
And we look to the heavens, into the black beauty
And the endless depth beyond the stars
Old 02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Knower
I get your poem! I'm very very inspired going to try one (first one ever) using the same subject.

Words come to me
Where or when I do not know
when they come through my heart
They speak a different melody
One that my mind can’t or don’t want to fathom
Shooting out like a fast traveling comet
With the sharpness of a dull butter knife
And spreads the word around the room
And enters all open hearted listeners
And speaks to their soul
So if I speak let it be from the heart
Or let the words lay unspoken and quiet

Doesn’t rime but hey it’s my first one
But I do love your poem!!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Experiencer
Joe, that's great! Doesn't have to rhyme to be poetic. I never learned all the rules and forms for writing. I just love words and life.

And brokenwings, I read the comments on my "The Commission," and recalled how tickled I get when words come and demand to be written and flow smoothly, and are humorous.... And I belly laugh while they appear on my page....

I wanted to respond to you and say something to that effect. I even typed "Sometimes, words..." And I couldn't think of what I wanted to say. So I came to read your poem instead, and you began "Sometimes, words" ...and went on to say what I sometimes feel about writing... and it made me feel specially blessed!

I have several poems about the process of writing. People say they don't know how I do this, so I try to explain how it feels inside my body, mind, spirit. LOL They shake their heads. I bet if they just started, the words would keep coming and I sit upon being written. There is something magical about being and writing in the presence of other poets.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Master

A beautiful conceptual poem brokenwings, with beautiful weighted words which do lilt and fall into their places. wowww i really enjoyed that one, sorry it was kinda hijacked there ? it inspired me to think this morning about the place of words as a mediator perhaps between the body and soul created by the mind. thank you for sharing. :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Knower
Joevallee - I am so touched that my poem lit that spark and welcome to the world your first poem! I love it... especially the butter knife! More please!

Abbara - would love to read your poems about writing. It is for me an absolutely mystical experience, and joining SF has enabled me to get back on board this train at long last! And really revel in this process and have the extra joy of sharing it with others as you describe. What better way to see and feel how truly connected we all are..thankyou

JoeMc -I was so thrilled you mentioned the weight thing... Words in poetry seem to me to be that spiritual setting agent that manage to pin some essence to the paper/screen and make it grounded and in existence...
Old 05-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Knower
[quote=brokenwings]Joevallee - I am so touched that my poem lit that spark and welcome to the world your first poem! I love it... especially the butter knife! More please!

Thank you Broken wings it felt goed!