Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 18-02-2016, 12:28 AM
Experiencer

Lucid Dreaming Techniques.

sup guys,im just courious of what techniques you all use for lucid dreaming?
i have seen alot of video guides for lucid dreaming, noone of them ever mentioned the most simple and natural way to lucid dream.so here yall go.
i been able to lucid since i was a child,,my first lucid dream i was about 8. ever since then i usually lucid dream almost every night.
here is what i do to lucid dream,its pretty damn simlpe,hopefully this might help someone else achive lucid dreaming :)

when i lay down for sleep, i create a story, kinda like a movie, i visualize everything, the sound, the feel , the emotion , i imagine what the "actors"
in this visualzation must be thinking and what they are feeling.
basicly, i just lay there and day dream, i put all my attention into the visualzation,once when you get consumed in it, it gets to the point where everything is just there and you longer have to put forth effort to imagine the scenery , the visualsation will start to control its self.at this point all you need to do is pause everything, take a look around, admire what you created, because from this point you are in control of everything, you will be aware that you are dreaming, you never lost your awareness during the visualsation so your going to be fully aware of yourself from the start.

its so simple,just start day dreaming until all your attention is on the visualsation, then just take control and simply "be" in the world you created
Old 18-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Guide
I came up with a similar technique years ago.
I would lay in bed and imagine a real world street that I know very well...like the one i grew up on as a child. I would then start on one end of the street and mentally walk down it, remembering and imagining all the details of the houses that I passed. Then after a while, the images of the street would become more visual and at that point I know I am "walking into a dream". From then on, it is all lucid.
Old 18-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
I came up with a similar technique years ago.
I would lay in bed and imagine a real world street that I know very well...like the one i grew up on as a child. I would then start on one end of the street and mentally walk down it, remembering and imagining all the details of the houses that I passed. Then after a while, the images of the street would become more visual and at that point I know I am "walking into a dream". From then on, it is all lucid.
fk yes,thats how we roll XD

no need for all that wake induce techniques and sleep paralysis lol
Old 18-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Guide

That's a good method, I tried to do that before but I'm always too buzy visualizing to actually fall asleep.
Old 18-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsandee
That's a good method, I tried to do that before but I'm always too buzy visualizing to actually fall asleep.

i see,thats acually a good thing,when you do this dont try to fall asleep.
once when you get to the point when your visuazation is so vivid,just kinda
take control of yourself or "wake up" inside your visualsation.try to focus close up on the the things around you,you will notice that you can observe the details
in the objects around you and they will simply be there without any effort on your part.
Old 18-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Knower

I was fascinated when I realized there are actually people who can see things with their "minds eye". My husband, for instance, says he can close his eyes and it's like watching a movie. I used to think, when people would say "close your eyes and visualize", that they were speaking metaphorically, because I have no capacity to see anything with my eyes closed. So for a long time, I assumed it was the same for everyone else. What a wonderful gift you all have!
Old 18-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
I was fascinated when I realized there are actually people who can see things with their "minds eye". My husband, for instance, says he can close his eyes and it's like watching a movie. I used to think, when people would say "close your eyes and visualize", that they were speaking metaphorically, because I have no capacity to see anything with my eyes closed. So for a long time, I assumed it was the same for everyone else. What a wonderful gift you all have!

omg this is crazy,is that what im accually doing?i just spoke to my causin about this and he said he cant see anything when he tries he only sees the blackness of his eyelids.so i asked a few other reletives,they all said they only see blackness,i asked a few freinds and they all see blackness,lol i thought everyone was able to do this.
Old 18-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
omg this is crazy,is that what im accually doing?i just spoke to my causin about this and he said he cant see anything when he tries he only sees the blackness of his eyelids.so i asked a few other reletives,they all said they only see blackness,i asked a few freinds and they all see blackness,lol i thought everyone was able to do this.

Within my family, my husband and 2 of my children can see as you do. The rest of us are "mentally blind". After finding out that others literally see with their eyes closed, I looked into it. They call the inability to visualize aphantasia. I thought it was somewhat rare, but perhaps not?

http://aphant.asia/
Old 18-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
Within my family, my husband and 2 of my children can see as you do. The rest of us are "mentally blind". After finding out that others literally see with their eyes closed, I looked into it. They call the inability to visualize aphantasia. I thought it was somewhat rare, but perhaps not?

http://aphant.asia/

i have to do some research on this.i figured this would be common to see inside the mind,so far,no one i talked to about this can acually do it.
i cant accept it,you have to be able to see in some way when your eyes are closed, its kinda like how your memory works,if you see a waterfall, cant you close your eyes and see the waterfall agian within your mind? or the face of your kids?its the same thing with vizualsation, ecept you create your imagery instead of recalling the imagry of something you seen.
Old 18-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
i have to do some research on this.i figured this would be common to see inside the mind,so far,no one i talked to about this can acually do it.
i cant accept it,you have to be able to see in some way when your eyes are closed, its kinda like how your memory works,if you see a waterfall, cant you close your eyes and see the waterfall agian within your mind? or the face of your kids?its the same thing with vizualsation, ecept you create your imagery instead of recalling the imagry of something you seen.

No, I can't.