Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 09-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Deactivated Account
X Files is back - yay

I love it!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Suspended
I've been thinking about watching this because I've never taken the time for The X-Files. I think I miss Star Trek sometimes, so thought this might fill in for that.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Gracey

I am watching it too! yay!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Burntfruit

Just watched the first episode. I thought it was quite good. Not brilliant but good.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:51 AM
Master
X-files 4 lyfe!

Thought the 2nd and 3rd episodes were the strongest of the first 4, third one bit too campy for me in the beginning but was great overall, lighthearted with some humor, 'make you think' type lines and overall theme.

Fourth one was not bad, little like another episode from the original series, first episode they tried to jam so much into it imo, hard to digest it all in one 40 minute shot, though i liked that it referenced Edward Snowden and some other important current affairs that deserve far greater recognition.

Will always love X-Files, at it's best you have one of the strongest t.v. duos/ relationships ever in Scully & Mulder, and the writing was on balance phenomenal. Mulder, the heroic, wild eyed seeker of truth at any cost wanting to believe, and Scully, the grounded, caring, rational thinking skeptic.

Get Scully on the autopsy while Mulder goes off to follow some dangerous lead, then regroup later with the shocking autopsy results and the brush in with some shady character or alien or monster and voila, you have the perfect dramatic formula.

Jillian Anderson still looking good all these years later too.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Deactivated Account
I've only seen the first episode so far as I live in the UK and it's only recently been broadcast.I can't wait to see the next one on Monday!

I loved the relationship between Mulder and Scully- one because it was just lovely and all I'd want an ideal relationship to be (at least in theory!) and two because I can see so much of myself in both characters. It's almost like integrating those parts of me, seeing them. I have Mulder's passion and drive and wanting to believe, and I have Scully's rationalism and intelligence and steadiness. I've always seen so much of myself in them and the series as a whole. For a long time that was my inner world - full of paranoia, fear and holding onto faith that good will prevail.

I don't get sucked in as much as I used to but it will always be my favourite show. And Gillian Anderson does look good still, she has aged well.
Old 13-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Master
I just came across this in an article which i never knew before, and it is too perfect, b/c this guy is hands down one of my favorite alien/ufo researchers of all time, and was a psychiatrist at Harvard who helped a great deal i believe to instill some credibility into the entire field of Ufology.
' ...At the time that Carter devised The X-Files, he stumbled across startling research from a Harvard scientist called John E Mack... Mack allowed him to sit in on “a regression hypnosis session” with an alien abductee, an experience he describes as powerful and disturbing...' http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10416742.html

I can't begin to describe how satisfying this is to me that Mack may have played some role as an impetus, inspiration, or at least influence for the the X-Files, right from the very beginning no less.

Found the article b/c I heard that Carter didn't even believe in UFO's or aliens, which bothered me, so i did a google search to either confirm or deny this notion and come to the truth of the matter, and thankfully this same article also puts that to rest (well, sort of).

Judging from the last bit of the interview, it sounds like he's also in touch with his inner Mulder & Scully.
Old 14-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Deactivated Account
That is an interesting article, thanks for posting. I do remember reading somewhere that Chris Carter was aware of someone who claimed to have been abducted and how it influenced his writing of The X Files. It sounds like he sits on the fence when it comes to paranormal stuff, which explains his use of the two characters.

I remember reading somewhere else that another reason many people love the X Files is the fact it taps into the deep longing within each of us for our lives to make sense, for it all to have been worth the struggle. I can really resonate with that. The struggle and the pain involved in the show and particularly in the quest and lives of the characters is I think what speaks to me the most.
Old 16-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Master
Just finished watching episode 5, and it's my favorite of the new batch of so far. May be some slight bias involved in that assessment as this one hit close to home, terms of something I've been an "earwitness" to myself firsthand.

Now, being sensitive not to give away any spoilers, b/c this has nothing to do w/ the storyline, the very first scene w/ Mulder & Scully, Mulder is watching a video of, and talks about the 'strange sounds' thing that has been going on in recent years (again, it has nothing to do w/ the actual plot) and references such sounds being heard in Italy, Ukraine, etc. & Canada.

Far as I know, in regards to these strange trumpet/metal scraping sounds, THIS youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHi6LjKuNl4 is one of the most viewed "strange sounds" vids I can find period, let alone fr. Canada. A few million more than when i last looked at it, in fact. It's also prob. the best sound quality of the strange sound clips that i've personally come across.

I have heard these sounds myself, in fact I heard ^^^ these EXACT sounds in the video, literally; as in I was ^^^ THERE in Terrace, just where the vids says. It was an August morning, sitting on my back deck before work.

It was quite surreal, I felt giddy and weird. It was no train. I've lived beside trains my entire life, never have they sounded like that to me, never have they seemed to come from ABOVE, from the sky, and were much louder and abrasive sounding, not to mention how distinct/layered the sounds are, as if they travel several more octaves than a train grinding it's brakes on rails would, or whatever the train explanation some are putting forth is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalevine
I remember reading somewhere else that another reason many people love the X Files is the fact it taps into the deep longing within each of us for our lives to make sense, for it all to have been worth the struggle. I can really resonate with that. The struggle and the pain involved in the show and particularly in the quest and lives of the characters is I think what speaks to me the most.

Yw for the article Emmalevine. I like your take above, think it's pretty bang on. Do think it's a healthy balance, for anyone really, esp. in things discussed on these forums, to have both a grounded skepticism to go along w/ a willingness to be open to new experiences and truth that challenge ourselves and our view of the world.

Music was spot on, was interesting, touching, thought provoking, funny. Great episode overall imo. Take w/ grain of salt though, don't want to hype it up too much, I can be easily amused at times, lol.
Old 16-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Oh really, I'll bear that in mind when I watch that episode! Sounds very intriguing that you've also experienced them! I wonder if one of the crew (or cast!) have or again know of someone who has?

I watched episode 2 which was broadcast last night. I found it quite harrowing in places, but a very good episode. I really like the William storyline as it touches me in so many ways. I hope Mulder and Scully find him someday and that he's a normal human being!

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes but I wish there was more than 6. Maybe they will make more now.