Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Pathfinder

The True Nature of Reality

In this post I would like to describe, step by step, the true nature of reality.

1. Existence Exists
- This is same as saying something, we cannot yet say way, exists. This is self evident, and cannot not be logically denied.

2. Consciousness Exists
- The only way we experience existence or reality is through consciousness or awareness. In addition, Consciousness is the only thing that certainly exists. Everything, with the exception of I Am (another way of saying Consciousness Exists) can be doubted.

3. Perception and Information
- Consciousness Perceives. Perceiving is what Consciousness does. What can we know (with certainty) about the objects of perception? Only that they are being perceived. We cannot know anything else about them besides that they are being perceived. Any qualities that are ascribed to them do not exist "out there" in the objects, but rather in Consciousness. Consciousness receives information (from where? we don't know for certain, could be "out there", but cannot know for certain), and translates that information into perception.

4. Perceiver and Perceived
- Consciousness artificially divides into perceiver (what you think of as you) and the perceived (everything that you do not think of as you). This division is an illusion, since in reality, everything you perceive, both you and not you, are being perceived in consciousness.

5. Knowledge & Belief
- I Am or Consciousness Exists, is the only thing that can be known about existence or reality. This is the end of knowledge. Everything else, including the existence of the physical universe, is a belief based on sensory experience, which again, occurs within Consciousness.

6. Possibility vs Plausibility
- Of course, this all seems so implausible that it defies belief. And it does defy belief. But we are not talking about belief. We are talking about knowledge and certainty. It is certainly possible that the entire universe is a figment of the conscious imagination, and that what we perceive as physical, tangible, solid reality, is actually a shimmering mirage. It is also possible that the physical universe does exist and that we are material machines gifted with the rarity that is consciousness. The point is, it cannot be known, what can be know is that consciousness is all that CERTAINLY exists.

7. Consciousness Is All
- The True Nature of Reality = That Which Certainly Exists
- Consciousness Certainly Exists
- Consciousness then is the True Nature of Reality
Old 27-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Pathfinder
I pretty much agree with everything you said.

"reality" is how we call this dimension anyway, and the brain allows consciousness to precieve this dimension only. Humans over time have become accostumed to this life style, thus completely forgetting what consciousness can else do.
Old 28-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWisdom323
In this post I would like to describe, step by step, the true nature of reality.

Perception and Information
- Consciousness Perceives. Perceiving is what Consciousness does. What can we know (with certainty) about the objects of perception? Only that they are being perceived. We cannot know anything else about them besides that they are being perceived. Any qualities that are ascribed to them do not exist "out there" in the objects, but rather in Consciousness. Consciousness receives information (from where? we don't know for certain, could be "out there", but cannot know for certain), and translates that information into perception.

Don't know about this as I see objects have information. Information is built into nature. Things such as smell, taste, touch, etc. If I see a (hot) stove and touch it and get burned, I ascribed by memory hot so is in Consciousness, is this what you mean. I say it is in both places.

Perception may be unknown information. Say a plant exudes a smell that triggers one to pull away from it and not eat it.
Old 28-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Ascender

that really funny
my thing with reality is it has to be experienced

and language creates a 3D matrix structure to satisfy the ppl in there

of a surrogate they own to keep them in touch with reality and 'know things'

the structure is the satisfaction in your consciousness if it feels complete

so all text that explains is meaning less hahaha :-)

they even build a side room in the matrix and call it the spiritual reality lol
Old 28-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick33
that really funny
my thing with reality is it has to be experienced

I use to say this to but I suggest experience already exist's and in us hidden.

The poster asked where might part of it come from, and it might be answerable.

It has been suggested we are born with information and the matrix is very important. It is the matrix that holds us. I think experience exists even at the cellular level and we hold bits and pieces of information we carry from millions of years ago. It is both old and new. In a way it has already been experienced and cannot be escaped.

This idea was introduced to me a while back, I think the universe is all about information as pointed out by the poster. Very few even mention information as a player. Was wondering, would you consider or reject this.
Old 28-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWisdom323

1. Existence Exists
- This is same as saying something, we cannot yet say way, exists. This is self evident, and cannot not be logically denied.

2. Consciousness Exists
- The only way we experience existence or reality is through consciousness or awareness. In addition, Consciousness is the only thing that certainly exists. Everything, with the exception of I Am (another way of saying Consciousness Exists) can be doubted.

3. Perception and Information

4. Perceiver and Perceived
- Consciousness artificially divides into perceiver (what you think of as you) and the perceived (everything that you do not think of as you). This division is an illusion, since in reality, everything you perceive, both you and not you, are being perceived in consciousness.

5. Knowledge & Belief
- I Am or Consciousness Exists, is the only thing that can be known about existence or reality. This is the end of knowledge. Everything else, including the existence of the physical universe, is a belief based on sensory experience, which again, occurs within Consciousness.

6. Possibility vs Plausibility
- Of course, this all seems so implausible that it defies belief. And it does defy belief. But we are not talking about belief. We are talking about knowledge and certainty. It is certainly possible that the entire universe is a figment of the conscious imagination, and that what we perceive as physical, tangible, solid reality, is actually a shimmering mirage. It is also possible that the physical universe does exist and that we are material machines gifted with the rarity that is consciousness. The point is, it cannot be known, what can be know is that consciousness is all that CERTAINLY exists.

7. Consciousness Is All
- The True Nature of Reality = That Which Certainly Exists
- Consciousness Certainly Exists
- Consciousness then is the True Nature of Reality

Nice post.

Is their any more true nature of reality or is this it?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I use to say this to but I suggest experience already exist's and in us hidden.

The poster asked where might part of it come from, and it might be answerable.

It has been suggested we are born with information and the matrix is very important. It is the matrix that holds us. I think experience exists even at the cellular level and we hold bits and pieces of information we carry from millions of years ago. It is both old and new. In a way it has already been experienced and cannot be escaped.

This idea was introduced to me a while back, I think the universe is all about information as pointed out by the poster. Very few even mention information as a player. Was wondering, would you consider or reject this.

you are made out of light but got bogged down many life's ago and created realities that limited your experiences accordingly

'you forgot who you are ' separated so far you created a barrier that blinds you from the light and stops you from seeing further

you build up a story that tells you all you know is true and became actor

in your own story

you allow your self small unknowns discovering these you call learning new things

out side off all that is much but you made many rules that tell you why and how thats not true

the bars of your prison are strong and you love them

but you will never be you and that you know

and you have just read all this

a text not dead in a book but a live

made in a way you cant comprehend

but you have your defenses

and you are free to be what you are

and do what you like lol
Old 28-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex

I like to believe that the everything in existence is fundamentally composed of non-physical information (0s & 1s at the plank scale, each 0 or 1 a bit of quantum information). Consciousness would then be the medium that translates non-physical information into the physical universe I experience.

With this model in mind, this is how I think my reality is created.

The Void - Nothingness = 0
The Absolute - The Ultimate - The All - Brahman - Universal Spirit = 1
The Artificial Divide = 1/2...2/4...4/8...8/16 (This is deeply connected with Pascal's triangle, and is essentially a doubling sequence)
Perceiver = Atman = Particular Spirit = Consciousness
Perceived = Information
Perception = Consciousness (Atman) translating the perception of information into the physical universe of SpaceTimeEnergyMatter I experience.
Egoic Mind = Believing that I am the body/mind made of matter/energy located in space/time
Maya = Believing that the physical universe is true reality.
Truth = There is no divide....Atman is Brahman...The particular is an expression of the universal.

Thanks for reading!
Old 28-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Master
Conciousness then also can also recognize many forms ,as stillness ,as reflection ,paranoia, bliss,joy, anger etc , I feel like I am being given a second chance , I'm in recovery from cfs and slowly re emerging into the light , much is being revealed to me ,and I'm getting most of it this time around ,though there is still some things I seem to need to see that my ego stubbornly trys to block ,it is only my ego and since I am master mistress God and Goddess here I can use that realization to dismiss such negativity from my life ,all the while still giving Thanks always to my original creator God consciousness.....
Old 28-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Master
Conciousness is cool but Spirit is everything....